[Virginia, USA] Tournament Discussion #2 (Updated: 12/05/2017)

Poll: READ OPENING POST BEFORE VOTING

Alexandria Region (includes Alexandria, Sterling, Arlington)
25.77%
Charlottesville
10.31%
Danville Region (includes Danville, Martinsville)
4.12%
Richmond
27.84%
Roanoke Region (includes Roanoke, Blacksburg, Lynchburg)
16.49%
Newport News Region (includes Newport News, Williamsburg)
6.19%
Norfolk Region (includes Norfolk, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach)
9.28%
Total: 100% 97 vote(s)
I am allowed to come but no way to get there
(Jan. 18, 2018  12:49 AM)Kaboom!!! Wrote: AmishRaven I can propose the event to the committee but can't post another thread til it's approved with 8 people.

Nah fam you just need 4 people.
(Jan. 18, 2018  6:18 AM)Yami Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2018  12:49 AM)Kaboom!!! Wrote: AmishRaven I can propose the event to the committee but can't post another thread til it's approved with 8 people.

Nah fam you just need 4 people.

We're out here doing 4 man tournaments now?? Maybe I have been gone a while.. damn..
(Jan. 18, 2018  7:02 AM)Kaboom!!! Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2018  6:18 AM)Yami Wrote: Nah fam you just need 4 people.

We're out here doing 4 man tournaments now?? Maybe I have been gone a while.. damn..

Ideally the minimum requirement for tournament approval is 4 as it is for the club format too. maximum to run club is 7. And it's a regular tournament after 8 and so on. But yeah you did miss it a bit since I got suspended 1 year and 4 months ago. It reflected on that kind of mistake I made.

You are the registered Organizer... Do your thing!  Meanwhile, I'm certain we have an indoor location we can use - just waiting on the confirmation.
Follow-up... Just talked to the Director and Deep Run Rec Center will be the location, they have a room we can use - We are literally just waiting for the final YES to be processed!! On a side note - they are willing to give us space for additional dates - if we can plan them out far enough in advance!?! So would anyone like to look at the calendar now and give me some additional dates for each month moving through spring? He said if we can get them on the calendar now - they would hold the space for us!!
(Jan. 19, 2018  3:24 PM)AmishRaven Wrote: Follow-up... Just talked to the Director and Deep Run Rec Center will be the location, they have a room we can use - We are literally just waiting for the final YES to be processed!!   On a side note - they are willing to give us space for additional dates - if we can plan them out far enough in advance!?!  So would anyone like to look at the calendar now and give me some additional dates for each month moving through spring?   He said if we can get them on the calendar now - they would hold the space for us!!

Perfect! I'm on break the weekends of March 10-11th & 17-18th, but any weekend after that should work for me, or March 2nd or 3rd :)
(Jan. 19, 2018  3:24 PM)AmishRaven Wrote: Follow-up... Just talked to the Director and Deep Run Rec Center will be the location, they have a room we can use - We are literally just waiting for the final YES to be processed!!   On a side note - they are willing to give us space for additional dates - if we can plan them out far enough in advance!?!  So would anyone like to look at the calendar now and give me some additional dates for each month moving through spring?   He said if we can get them on the calendar now - they would hold the space for us!!

Just curious this final yes is it from them or the organizers on here?
(Jan. 22, 2018  5:00 AM)TrueXiXAzrael Wrote:

Just curious this final yes is it from them or the organizers on here?

My phone call with the Director at the Deep Run Rec Center says he has the space available, and is planning for us to use it.  He is waiting for his boss to sign off on it, but doesn't see that being an issue ( they like the WBO program for tweener kids to play together )  that fits their usage for the facility. So we actually have priority if we can submit our dates in advance. 

I'm hoping the WBO will allow us to post the event in the next day or so to help spread the news that we have an event ready to play on the 10th of Feb!!

Who is talking with the WBO as far as organizing for this event?!? What do we need to do to get the Tourney Thread started on here?!?
(Jan. 22, 2018  4:53 PM)AmishRaven Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2018  5:00 AM)TrueXiXAzrael Wrote: Just curious this final yes is it from them or the organizers on here?

My phone call with the Director at the Deep Run Rec Center says he has the space available, and is planning for us to use it.  He is waiting for his boss to sign off on it, but doesn't see that being an issue ( they like the WBO program for tweener kids to play together )  that fits their usage for the facility. So we actually have priority if we can submit our dates in advance. 

I'm hoping the WBO will allow us to post the event in the next day or so to help spread the news that we have an event ready to play on the 10th of Feb!!

Who is talking with the WBO as far as organizing for this event?!?  What do we need to do to get the Tourney Thread started on here?!?

@[Kaboom!!!] was going to take charge. Would be great to get an update on where he is in the approval process, since that can at times take a while.
@[AmishRaven] I'm going ahead and proposing the event. I know you mentioned that we would be using the Deep Run Rec Center, but is there a specific room indoors that we will be using, as it's a rather large building? I'm assuming we are able to use the location for free? Thanks!
(Jan. 24, 2018  3:41 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: @[AmishRaven] I'm going ahead and proposing the event. I know you mentioned that we would be using the Deep Run Rec Center, but is there a specific room indoors that we will be using, as it's a rather large building? I'm assuming we are able to use the location for free? Thanks!
I don't know the room yet,  but we can post a sign at the front counter.  Let get it up on the board asap.
Thread is up boys. Looking forward to seeing you all in a couple weeks Smile
So who’s down for an April 1st Burst tournament in Virginia Beach?
(Feb. 27, 2018  7:24 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: So who’s down for an April 1st Burst tournament in Virginia Beach?

Isn't that Easter Sunday?  I'll be in Winston Salem NC on Saturday the 31st at a video game auction... and Sunday is full as well.  Sorry.
(Feb. 27, 2018  7:24 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: So who’s down for an April 1st Burst tournament in Virginia Beach?

I made a post then read your message. I actually wouldn't able to do the 1st...

I might still shoot for the 31st. I might just host something small to spark more interest down this way.
(Mar. 01, 2018  3:40 PM)Kaboom!!! Wrote:

I made a post then read your message. I actually wouldn't able to do the 1st...

I might still shoot for the 31st. I might just host something small to spark more interest down this way.

Fair enough. I guess the next event I'll be shooting for will be April 17th!
Saturday April 14th is already reserved at Deep Run Rec Center - we have the same space!! I had booked them for 3 months in advance to get us through the cold months, if we like using the space, we can renew with them for more indoor as needed!

AND I'VE PASSED - I'm soon going to be an organizer!! Check out my "advertisement" for March 17th! https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=5B3FEE00
(Mar. 01, 2018  5:22 PM)AmishRaven Wrote: Saturday April 14th is already reserved at Deep Run Rec Center - we have the same space!!  I had booked them for 3 months in advance to get us through the cold months, if we like using the space, we can renew with them for more indoor as needed!

AND I'VE PASSED - I'm soon going to be an organizer!!  Check out my "advertisement" for March 17th!   https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=5B3FEE00

Oh whoops - April 14th I mean! Will definitely have a thread up in the coming weeks for that event. And congratulations! That's great news Smile
(Mar. 01, 2018  5:22 PM)AmishRaven Wrote: Saturday April 14th is already reserved at Deep Run Rec Center - we have the same space!! I had booked them for 3 months in advance to get us through the cold months, if we like using the space, we can renew with them for more indoor as needed!

AND I'VE PASSED - I'm soon going to be an organizer!! Check out my "advertisement" for March 17th! https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=5B3FEE00

I'm in love with squidward watching burst. lmfao Congrats! I don't think I have anything planned for that weekend so I should be down as well.
Great News!! Sign up on the Tourney!!
Well, looks like my threads are up!

I'll be hosting two tournaments on April 14th for Burst and Metal Fight Beyblade [Zero-G]. Shouldn't run past 6pm, as both are pretty fast-moving formats. Check em out and let me know if you can make it!
Would anyone want to do a burst tournament down in my area of Chesapeake/Virginia Beach on May 26th?
I might be able to make it
(May. 02, 2018  3:05 AM)Kaboom!!! Wrote: Would anyone want to do a burst tournament down in my area of Chesapeake/Virginia Beach on May 26th?

Ah, just in time for BeyDays Smile Unfortunately I'll be at Anime North that weekend, but may be able to make it to your next tournament if you host over the summer.