Jul

Vero Beach Blading #1

Vero Beach, Florida
Tournament Results
Riverside Park Large Pavilion
Riverside Park Drive
  Take Riverside Park Drive to Dahlia lane and go right on the roundabout. Keep going straight and you should see the area. We will meet under the large pavilion near the volleyball court. On the map, the pavilion is a shaded green rectangle. My dad's phone number is 772-643-7491 if you need a contact for directions.
10:00 AM on 07/10/2021
Hosted by
  JCE_13
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
6 cash  

The admission fee goes towards the pavilion rental fee.

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

This tournament will be a swiss tournament if over 16 people show up. If it goes under, I’ll change it to round-robin format, but let's not let that happen. I cannot allow spectators, but if you sign up, please make it to the event. Players, please only bring one person with you. I decided to rent a pavilion for this one, and I'm not 100% sure if they provide seating or not. I don't have stadiums for free play, so the participants will have to bring their own, along with seating if not provided. There is a volleyball court outside the pavilion, too. It might be a good idea to bring something like a yoga mat or blanket for inside the pavilion. If it gets too packed inside the pavilion, there is space outside. 

This is my first event, and I will try to make it run as smoothly as possible. If I make a few mistakes, please tell me where I went wrong. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Format: Swiss
Participant Cap: 20
Tournament Time: 4 hours or less
Admission: $6
Challonge link
--------------------------------------------------------

WBO Covid-19 guidelines:
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Coronav...ournaments

Florida Covid-19 guidelines:
https://ogletree.com/insights/florida-en...staurants/

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/plan-fo...2xEALw_wcB

[font="Titillium Web", sans-serif]https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/community-events/[/font]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prizes:

[Image: mall-of-toys-logo.png]
Tournament Prizes – Sponsored by MallOfToys.com
The winner (1st place player) of this tournament will receive an online gift code for MallOfToys.com, the official worldbeyblade.org sponsor! The online gift code will be distributed via private message directly to the winner after this event has been successfully processed by WBO Staff.

• 1st Place: $30 USD Gift Code

I will also have prizes (to be determined) for 2nd and 3rd place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judges: 
1. SupaDav03
2. LJ-Blader
3. UnionAchilles
4. FireKingArd (I think)

Contact the organizer if you want to help with judging.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Schedule:
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM: Check-in 
10:00 AM: Tournament Starts
2:00 PM: Tournament Ends

If you signed up for this event, please make sure you can come. If you signed up and are going to be late, please contact the organizer, and we might be able to spare some time. We cannot add new participants to the bracket once the tournament starts, so please try to arrive early.

Challonge link

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jun. 20, 2021  3:28 AM)izzybeyblade Wrote: I couldn't  go to the summer games today because  of my summer school 😭

YOU POOR SOLE

Welcome to my world
Since I'm a friend I would probably get in free (JK JK)
(Jun. 20, 2021  3:28 AM)izzybeyblade Wrote: I couldn't  go to the summer games today because  of my summer school 😭

Well, at least you can show me what you've got here.
idk if i can make it guys… it’s my dads birthday weekend so…
I'll be coming from belle glade so I might run late but I'll try my hardest to come on time
(Jun. 20, 2021  4:35 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: idk if i can make it guys… it’s my dads birthday weekend so…

Dang. Well, I don't know what to say except that's a bummer. I can relate to that; I need to talk to Conce7 about pushing back his tournaments a week because I'm one of the people who won't go to a tournament on Mother's or Father's Day weekend.

(Jun. 20, 2021  4:39 PM)Glitched_Gigan Wrote: I'll be coming from belle glade so I might run late but I'll try my hardest to come on time
That's okay. You'll need to message me if you are running late. Also, please tell your parent/guardian if you are bringing one, that I need people to bring their own seats and stadiums for free play.
I really wan a go but I can't Rip
I am going to join this tournament!
(Jun. 21, 2021  7:23 PM)ScaryPhantoms Wrote: I am going to join this tournament!

Well, as of right now, the spots are full. I will add you to the waitlist so you can get invited if people leave. 

Friendly reminder that I need players to confirm they are coming to the event because this one has generated a lot of interest. If you cannot make it to the event, please do not sign up for it. Thanks,

JCE
(Jun. 21, 2021  8:28 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2021  7:23 PM)ScaryPhantoms Wrote: I am going to join this tournament!

Well, as of right now, the spots are full. I will add you to the waitlist so you can get invited if people leave. 

Friendly reminder that I need players to confirm they are coming to the event because this one has generated a lot of interest. If you cannot make it to the event, please do not sign up for it. Thanks,

JCE
i may leave so they got a chance
(Jun. 21, 2021  8:41 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2021  8:28 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: Well, as of right now, the spots are full. I will add you to the waitlist so you can get invited if people leave. 

JCE
i may leave so they got a chance

I wish it didn't have to be this way. I'll let you know before my next event.
The Summer Games was nuts so I'm definitely going to be practicing a lot for this tournament. Looking forward to seeing you guys!
I wanted to let everyone know that I am 13 years old and just recently got accepted as an organizer. I am relieved that SupaDav03 will be here so he could possibly help if something goes wrong.
(Jun. 22, 2021  3:20 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: I wanted to let everyone know that I am 13 years old and just recently got accepted as an organizer. I am relieved that SupaDav03 will be here so he could possibly help if something goes wrong.

Okay makes sense!
(Jun. 22, 2021  3:20 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: I wanted to let everyone know that I am 13 years old and just recently got accepted as an organizer. I am relieved that SupaDav03 will be here so he could possibly help if something goes wrong.

Sweet! Good to see someone my age hosting a tournament!
JCE_13 like the new PFP
Same it looks nice!

I got full confidence in you but I’ll be there if you need me. I’ll be happy to judge 2 rounds of Swiss too. Looking forward to a great tournament.
(Jun. 22, 2021  8:52 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote:

I got full confidence in you but I’ll be there if you need me. I’ll be happy to judge 2 rounds of Swiss too. Looking forward to a great tournament.

Thanks haha, I'm still a little nervous. What did you mean by judging 2 rounds of Swiss? I think the default is 5. I also may need one more person to judge.
(Jun. 22, 2021  9:05 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2021  8:52 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: I got full confidence in you but I’ll be there if you need me. I’ll be happy to judge 2 rounds of Swiss too. Looking forward to a great tournament.

Thanks haha, I'm still a little nervous. What did you mean by judging 2 rounds of Swiss? I think the default is 5. I also may need one more person to judge.

JCE I've known you for a while and I know your fully capable of hosting a tournament so go to the store buy some chill pills and just relax I'm sure you'll do fine
SupaDav is an amazing organizer. I will be there as well to judge as much as you need. I judged 5 Swiss Rounds for 3 of Conce's tournaments and I've held several of my own, while still competing lol

So judging and competing is no big deal for me. If anyone has any questions, SupaDav and I will be there to help.

(I think Dave meant he'd just judge a couple of rounds instead of the entire tournament by the way)
(Jun. 22, 2021  9:05 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2021  8:52 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: I got full confidence in you but I’ll be there if you need me. I’ll be happy to judge 2 rounds of Swiss too. Looking forward to a great tournament.

Yeah, what FireKingArd said. I’m happy to help judge, but don’t want to do the whole event. I’ve done a few of my own & two of Conce7’s recently so I’d like to actually watch my kids compete this tournament and enjoy just being a player myself. So I’ll do a few rounds to help but with all the experienced guys going (FireKing, FireBlaze, etc) we should have plenty of capable judges to share duties.
(Jun. 23, 2021  1:02 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2021  9:05 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: Thanks haha, I'm still a little nervous. What did you mean by judging 2 rounds of Swiss? I think the default is 5. I also may need one more person to judge.

Yeah, what FireKingArd said. I’m happy to help judge, but don’t want to do the whole event. I’ve done a few of my own & two of Conce7’s recently so I’d like to actually watch my kids compete this tournament and enjoy just being a player myself. So I’ll do a few rounds to help but with all the experienced guys going (FireKing, FireBlaze, etc) we should have plenty of capable judges to share duties.

What SupaDava said your gonna do great JCE_13
AlexTheBlader, I need you to figure out if you are going to be able to attend or not. I, of course, would love you to make it. I just keep getting messages from other bladers wanting to be put on the waitlist.