Vancouver Tournament

It's been a while since I joined the WBO and there is still no tournament in Vancouver. Since I have over 50 posts, I thought I could go for an organizer and host 1. I know that there are many bladers here in Vancouver which may have motivated me to request to become an organizer. First of all, I would host this tournament on Monday, May 2, since it is Victoria's day. This tournament would be in Central Park, near Crystal Mall since it is very efficient to go there and that there is a Beyblade shop in Crystal Mall. I already told 3 friends about this, one of which can go and invite all his friends (10-14 people) I believe as well as the facebook group which also has 2 people interested. Overall, I believe the attendance count could be over 17 people so I would choose a swiss format for this tournament. Afterward, we could have bladers go into teams of 3 for a team format round which would have more beyblading time for everyone. The finalists would be based on their amount of wins in battles and team battles in both rounds. Tell me what you think. Do you think that I should try something different or switch a location? Tell me in the comments below. Thank you!
I'd love to attend! But, what if someone brings Hasbro switch-strike beys? Or is it Takara Tomy?
I'm not sure. I would allow it but I would say it was mixed on the winning combos page.
(Apr. 19, 2018  5:01 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: I'm not sure. I would allow it but I would say it was mixed on the winning combos page.
If you need any help

Use Hasbro and TT names separately like drain Fafnir for TT and Fafnir F3 for Hasbro.
(Apr. 19, 2018  5:12 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2018  5:01 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: I'm not sure. I would allow it but I would say it was mixed on the winning combos page.
If you need any help

Use Hasbro and TT names separately like drain Fafnir for TT and Fafnir F3 for Hasbro.

Thanks
(Apr. 19, 2018  5:39 AM)RichieBoi Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2018  5:12 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: If you need any help

Thanks

If you want to be an organizer, be sure to follow the rules. Everybody should, and if you are going to lead a mass in a tournament, you should do follow the rules.
DO NOT REPLY IN ONE WORDS
(Apr. 19, 2018  5:39 AM)RichieBoi Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2018  5:12 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: If you need any help

Thanks, maybe I should put them in several brackets then
(Apr. 19, 2018  6:18 AM)RichieBoi Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2018  5:39 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: Thanks, maybe I should put them in several brackets then

Read the Organizers' guide, that will help with these cases and many others. And if you Don't understand anything, just PM any of us(organisers)
I'm interest to have tournament here base on the community interest and having a tournament could giving a good chance to gather all the bladder in the province. ... =D
(Apr. 19, 2018  6:56 AM)Nanbu Wrote: I'm interest to have tournament here base on the community interest and having a tournament could giving a good chance to gather all the bladder in the province. ... =D

Cool, is there anyone else you can bring with you?
Seriously you're only 3 guys, and you need interests from 8, at least 4 , but 8 would be better.
For a community to form.
There will be an organizer only if there is community
(Apr. 19, 2018  2:58 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Seriously you're only 3 guys, and you need interests from 8, at least 4 , but 8 would be better.
For a community to form.

I know, I have a friend that goes lives in UBC, he has a whole commmunity of takara tomy beybladers. I'm going to get them to post by next Tuesday

There's also the facebook community
(Apr. 19, 2018  3:02 PM)RichieBoi Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2018  2:58 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Seriously you're only 3 guys, and you need interests from 8, at least 4 , but 8 would be better.
For a community to form.

I know, I have a friend that goes lives in UBC, he has a whole commmunity of takara tomy beybladers. I'm going to get them to post by next Tuesday

What's UBC? Upper British Columbia?
Also, link to FB group would help.
(Apr. 27, 2018  12:30 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2018  3:02 PM)RichieBoi Wrote: I know, I have a friend that goes lives in UBC, he has a whole commmunity of takara tomy beybladers. I'm going to get them to post by next Tuesday

What's UBC? Upper British Columbia?
Also, link to FB group would help.
University of British Columbia. You probably never heard of it. Here is the link to the facebook group though: https://www.facebook.com/groups/18740630...6760633293

I have 2 friends that will be making accounts in 3 days because they are away until then
Hi, do you still play beyblade in vancouver? i am very interested in playing beyblade and would like find a place where i can enjoy it, i recently got a hasbro beyblade top but i notice you also do takara tomy beyblade tops too, can i use my hasbro beyblade top?
(Apr. 19, 2018  1:18 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: It's been a while since I joined the WBO and there is still no tournament in Vancouver. Since I have over 50 posts, I thought I could go for an organizer and host 1. I know that there are many bladers here in Vancouver which may have motivated me to request to become an organizer. First of all, I would host this tournament on Monday, May 2, since it is Victoria's day. This tournament would be in Central Park, near Crystal Mall since it is very efficient to go there and that there is a Beyblade shop in Crystal Mall. I already told 3 friends about this, one of which can go and invite all his friends (10-14 people) I believe as well as the facebook group which also has 2 people interested. Overall, I believe the attendance count could be over 17 people so I would choose a swiss format for this tournament. Afterward, we could have bladers go into teams of 3 for a team format round which would have more beyblading time for everyone. The finalists would be based on their amount of wins in battles and team battles in both rounds. Tell me what you think. Do you think that I should try something different or switch a location? Tell me in the comments below. Thank you!

i am looking for someone to help organize a tournament for about 10, 7-8 year old boys.   do you think you could help me?
i dont mean to necro this 1 year old post but on the off chance that anyone here can see this i just found this thread and we actually started a different thread a couple days ago because we didnt realize this one existed XD

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Fans-in...bia-Canada

were actually planning our first casual beyblade outing this weekend if anyones interested Grin