Valt aoi like him or hate him/thoughts on the anime and manga

After reading more of the manga and watching more of the anime he's growing on me a bit. Beyblade is plagued with stereotypical shonen archetypes but valt seems like the most grounded of all the leads we have had in the past generations. He loses! He loses a lot and I like that about his character. In the past it was rare to see the lead character lose, especially as much as Valt does. He is by no means my favorite character and i still find him a bit annoying at times but I can appreciate a character that loses and admits when he's weak. He strives to get better without any outside supernatural forces helping him. We see him improve drastically from constantly playing and watching his opponents, I think that level of progression is why burst is slowly becoming one of if not my favorite in the series. I have had a hard time admitting that I'm starting to like it better than bakuten shoot. How do you guys feel about it? Does anyone else feel the same way?
I mean I think he is not the best. Level headed yes. But cmon my friend u like a character for getting his a** kicked a few times. That's the worse thing to like about a character. Sure we can't have something like Ginga either where he's fully plot hax but perhaps a character who loses on rare occasions like tyson who was most definitely the best beyblade protag and the most respectable one of all the options. Valt at this stage shows no real technique or thought and also seems quite immature which I understand cos it's aimed at children mainly but still he's nowhere near a perfect mc in general.
I'm with you, mechahate.

Valt is very grounded. I love this character not only because he loses, but because he comes back in the game, thinks of something and gives his best to battle again and again. And all his wins are a result of his own effort training and getting better, creating solutions to each battle and, as you well said, not holding to fantastic spiritual powers.

And that's very funny you mentioned you're liking Burst better than Bakuten, cause I feel the same (and thought I was alone LOL). Since I was a child and watched Bakuten I was really bothered by these weird mind controlling when battles were shown. Even with the Bit Beast excuse, I didn't feel comfortable for some reason, but I still enjoyed the series because I loved the game/hobby. All these years I just wanted a Beyblade show that was more down to Earth, exactly like Beyblade Burst is! So you can imagine how I feel about Beyblade actually being what I always wanted to see.

Now back to Valt, he's the type of character that I like the most because he's not perfect, he admits it and he grows while competing against powerful rivals (not enemies, as he said in ep. 4). That time, during the nationals, that he had to learn how to be a better leader for his team was awesome!
His getting into the "zone" is my favourite thing about him. It increases expectations and tension about the battle dramatically. Valt vs Lui in Team Finals is my favourite battle overall in the entire season 1.
To begin, I would like to say that I appreciate Valt as a character. He always had that happy-go-lucky aura about him, and he never gave up. From the very beginning you could tell he had a heck of a lot of potential. But there is one major flaw that I noticed throughout the entire first season (That's all I have seen so far, and I hope it changes), and that is the fact that Valt loses so freaking much. It made me angry and disappointed. It made me feel as though I was watching Pokemon, where the protagonist makes it so far, all the way to the top, only to have his training get thrown down into the sewers like it never even existed. I understand that a character has to lose and learn fron that to develop, but Valt lost so much, and it was always when it mattered most. The battle that bothered me most was his battle against Lui in the final episode. It also bothered me when Shu lost to Lui simply because of the off chance that Spryzen was damaged. I think that is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, other than when Valt lost because of a stupid crack in the stadium. Lui won both of those final battles because the writers couldn't bring themselves to let Valt or Shu prove their strength. Valt went through all of that training, the pain and suffering of losing, and gratifying wins against the supreme 4 just to lose because of a retarded chance. Lui didn't deserve that win. I know it is important for Valt to lose throughout the season for character development, but what is the point if that character development doesn't even pay off? It's just trash writing. The writers only made it that way because they knew no one would believe that Lui legitimately beat Valt, so they had to make up some stupid accident, and then have Valt play it off like he actually lost. What a joke. If you're going to make him lose, just do it legitimately. To see him go that far, only to lose because of that, it just made the last 50 episodes that they made for character development obsolete.
i hate him he is worst than any main beyblade charachter best is ginka hagane he is the best
I generally like Valt. At least he doesn’t scream and shout all the time like Aiga and Drum.
I like Valt. Definitely better than evil/mean Aiga. I think they develop his character very well.
Oh Valt hate existsOkay, time to be that person
"How dare Valt be a protagonist with character development and has to learn from his mistakes. Protgonists who always win are amazing. Character development. What good is that for"?
"How dare Valt be around occasionally and still mature enough to not cry about his bey being destroyed even though he reacted responsible and went to bounce back both times his Valkyire was critically injured. Showing maturity after two years of grow! Heck, how dare he not be 100% in the focus and hold the hands of other characters and be in every scene to remind us he exists. Asinine, burn the adorable 14 year old!"

Not liking Valt is fine. I like Valt, I respect it, its not the end of the world if you do are too.. But I feel like some (not all) people who hate him either don't understand the writing around him or expecting characters to be perfection and just using every little thing to hate him. Writing characters to be perfection isn't good writing except under certain conditions, and even in ChoZ and GT to a lesser extent, Valt's not perfect.

Though if there's thing I don't like about Valt, the Super Awakening from season 1 kinda made him forget he has the True Flash Rush Shoot or actually use his special moves. Even though he was struggling with it, which is a good arc, it did undermine his battling development between the 20s/30s, but his own character development was good enough imo. That's about it.
Tbh, I really don’t mind the current Valt. It’s probably due to both experience and maturity. Uncertain
I want valt to be relevant in the anime again Uncertain
i like valt util beyblade turbo
(Sep. 21, 2019  3:33 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: I want valt to be relevant in the anime again Uncertain
He still hasn't lost yet, he'll comeback.
Personally i like him,he loses often and thats what makes the anime fun

it gets boring when the protagonist wins everytime(eg :tyson)
He definitely is one of my favorite characters in Beyblade Burst (definitely better than Aiga or Drum). Although he was probably better in the first two seasons when he was the protagonist then where he is now.