Valkyrie? Or knight riding a horse?

If anybody looked into what a Valkyrie is, you might have been confused with why instead if the spirit being a creature from Norse Mythology, it's a  knight on a horse. If you haven't already, check it out. From info I learned, a Valkyrie is one of a host of female figures who chooses those who may die in battle and those who may live. So, it could be that the spirit Knight, is chosen to survive, like a chosen one. What do you think? If it was clarified already, tell me.

Edit: By knight and horse, I mean Valt's bey's spirit. I also looked in images and saw Valkyries riding horses but I don't know why its a knight, or what looks like a knight, instead.
I concern more about why Yggdrasil looks like a tortoise XD
(Jan. 22, 2017  6:24 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: I concern more about why Yggdrasil looks like a tortoise XD

Also, why Ragnaruk is a beast, why Horusudo is really a falcon, why Odin use a sword instead of the Gungnir, and why Longinus is a dragon. XD
I think the creator went a little too creative haha!
I think longinus goes for "long", dragon in chinese
(Jan. 22, 2017  6:31 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: Also, why Ragnaruk is a beast, why Horusudo is really a falcon, why Odin use a sword instead of the Gungnir, and why Longinus is a dragon. XD

Concerning Odin (, Behemoth, and Bahamdia of Zero G), Final Fantasy is your answer. We can even make the allusion of Odin using Zantetsuken on its bursted opponents. lol
Also, Dragooon and Longinus could be based on/referencing the Dragoon class too. Dragooon was an armored dragon wielding a lance, and the Longinus (usually named Spirit Lance outside of Japan) was one of the stronger lances obtainable in some of the games.

Yggdrasil here seems to be one of those "world turtles", but with Yggdrasil on its back.
(Jan. 22, 2017  11:49 PM)Ryuujin K Wrote: Final Fantasy is your answer.
And that's why I like Hasbro Zero-G names (Sorry for losing topic but I just wanted to say that)

Also I thought the same about Valkyrie, I'm a big Gauntlet fan and to see Valkyrie just be "Knight and horse", I was mad
Ryuujin K
    Yggdrasil here seems to be one of those "world turtles", but with Yggdrasil on its back.

This wouldn't be the first time such a thing has been seen in children's anime, either. IIRC such a tortoise was quite significant in the later seasons of Digimon (3 and 5 I think).

Longinus is clearly a pun, in that it's a dragon ("long" in chinese) with a spear head for its tail. Notice also how that fits in with its semi-metal layer.

Horus has always been depicted as part falcon so Horusudo is really just a simplification.

And Ragnaruk probably depicts the beast "Fenrir" who becomes unbound during the events of Ragnarok and slays at least one of the gods.
(Jan. 22, 2017  6:31 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: Also, why Ragnaruk is a beast, why Horusudo is really a falcon, why Odin use a sword instead of the Gungnir, and why Longinus is a dragon. XD

Ragnaruk's design is based on the devil and Longinus has Long in it's name which is chinese meaning dragon and I think since he's evil they put Longinus in it which was the spear that killed Jesus or confirmed his death.
The thing is, m sure the general image of a valkyrie is pretty much a knight riding a horse in most cases. A Valkyrie is like a female knight of sorts from what I understand.
I agree with Yblader, I always thought that Valkyries were just female knights that ride horses to the warrior that died and rode them on the horse back to Valhalla. But this is a one of a kind Valkyrie that we see in burst, since it's a he and not a she.
We don't know what is behind the mask, so we can't assume gender.
Valkyrie were she who were sworn to Odin in the battlefield and they rode atop a flying horse like the Norse version of Pegasus