[VIC] Melbladers 2018 event planning

Since you are the first to ask I'll make sure I'll save a good one, most likely a hasbro atomic based combo.
(Apr. 30, 2018  12:38 PM)Giraton Wrote: Since you are the first to ask I'll make sure I'll save a good one, most likely a hasbro atomic based combo.
mG 7G At?
(Apr. 30, 2018  12:54 PM)leosama Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2018  12:38 PM)Giraton Wrote: Since you are the first to ask I'll make sure I'll save a good one, most likely a hasbro atomic based combo.
mG 7G At?

That is assuming I find a Hasbro maximum garuda. That wave has proven, problematic to find.
(Apr. 30, 2018  2:12 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2018  12:54 PM)leosama Wrote: mG 7G At?

That is assuming I find a Hasbro maximum garuda. That wave has proven, problematic to find.

G3 is now BANNED so you gotta can that.
(Apr. 30, 2018  4:07 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2018  2:12 PM)Giraton Wrote: That is assuming I find a Hasbro maximum garuda. That wave has proven, problematic to find.

G3 is now BANNED so you gotta can that.
I am not sure here. But didn't Kei mention the word should when he kept his views of Sr, G3 and mG getting banned?So G3 is not yet banned but could be in the future. But, I am going by the literal meaning of the words here so I will just wait for the May rulebook to come out and clear all this confusion.
(Apr. 30, 2018  5:04 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2018  4:07 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: G3 is now BANNED so you gotta can that.
I am not sure here. But didn't Kei mention the word should when he kept his views of Sr, G3 and mG getting banned?So G3 is not yet banned but could be in the future. But, I am going by the literal meaning of the words here so I will just wait for the May rulebook to come out and clear all this confusion.
It's gotta be banned I mean there is no way.
(Apr. 30, 2018  5:04 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2018  4:07 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: G3 is now BANNED so you gotta can that.

(Apr. 30, 2018  5:14 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2018  5:04 PM)Suhasini Wrote: I am not sure here. But didn't Kei mention the word should when he kept his views of Sr, G3 and mG getting banned?So G3 is not yet banned but could be in the future. But, I am going by the literal meaning of the words here so I will just wait for the May rulebook to come out and clear all this confusion.
It's gotta be banned I mean there is no way.

The Burst format rules do not state that g3 is banned - there are only restrictions for the tt layers god chip

But you are right, there is a possibility that the new rulebooks will ban it?
Untill any parts are officially banned, there is no reason to treat it as banned, simple as that. If it's going to be, you still use it till it is.
(Apr. 30, 2018  2:35 PM)Kei Wrote: There's been talk lately about potential bans on Spriggan Requiem and Garuda G3. I got my Garuda G3 this weekend, had a tournament on Saturday, and did some testing for a few hours last night so I figured now I can finally give a more informed opinion about how we should proceed.

Spriggan Requiem
Spriggan Requiem was abused to no end by the top players here in Toronto this weekend. It seemed even worse than it was before because instead of trying to counter Sr Bearing with Nightmare Longinus (although this still happened a few times unsuccessfully), many of us realized we could counter Sr Bearing with Sr on tighter drivers like Atomic, Destroy, or Revolve and still have the ability to OS many other things. Obviously, going from using an Attack type to using the same Layer to counter the same Layer is a bad look in terms of metagame diversity. It's obvious that Sr has become too centralizing.

Even so, because Bloody Longinus is already out, I feel it would be responsible to get some testing on that done quickly before making a decision. Normally I wouldn't advise waiting, but since bL is out and we've heard that it might be even better than nL, it's worth taking an extra week or two to decide. Our main priority at this point is to ensure the game is as balanced as possible for BeyDays at the end of next month, so we have time.

Garuda G3
Garuda G3 should be banned from Burst Format and Hasbro Only Burst Format, flat out. Here's a few reasons why based on my testing last night:

- I had heard that G3 had worse stamina than mG, but in my testing with a mirror match between the two, the loser was always whoever was launched first. Maybe there's a difference between the two, but it didn't seem very noticeable.
- G3 on Atomic is roughly as tight as mG on Orbit (for me anyways), but despite that, no matter what I through at it, G3 Atomic lost practically 0% of its slope at the end of each round. Can't be KOed. Can't be burst. mG on Atomic is well-balanced because it bursts so easily, but I think we can't allow for G3 to remain in the game if G3 Atomic is tighter than mG on Atomic. There's a reason TT designed it that way, but Hasbro seems to have ignored it. We simply can't allow something with both high stamina and ridiculous defense to exist in the game.

Maximum Garuda
In thinking about a potential ban for Sr and G3, it also occurred to me that it might be worth re-evaluating Maximum Garuda as well. One of the reasons why unbanning mG was made possible was because of Spriggan Requiem. If Sr is banned, then mG becomes more threatening despite its more well-balanced design in comparison to G3.

That being said, despite it being more well-balanced, I found that in my testing last night mG on Orbit felt a lot more difficult to burst than I remembered it being (it did lose roughly 80% of its slide each time, but rarely bursted. That's much more than G3 on Atomic did, mind you) ... I tested it before and stationary sX was able to burst it pretty consistently. This time I was using my tightest Orbit Driver on mG, so I'm not sure if that's what was causing the issue. I'm curious to hear what you guys think about mG on Orbit and how to best counter it.

Regardless, I'm starting to feel again that the game would be objectively better if mG was also banned. mG's design is just too much of a radical departure from everything else in the series. It's never seemed fair to most Attack types because it just absorbs hits so well and has basically zero recoil.

So this is word to word what he said but he does state that "Garuda G3 should be banned from Burst Format and Hasbro Only Burst Format, flat out". So this is kind of a confusing situation.
(May. 01, 2018  5:27 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2018  2:35 PM)Kei Wrote: There's been talk lately about potential bans on Spriggan Requiem and Garuda G3. I got my Garuda G3 this weekend, had a tournament on Saturday, and did some testing for a few hours last night so I figured now I can finally give a more informed opinion about how we should proceed.

Spriggan Requiem
Spriggan Requiem was abused to no end by the top players here in Toronto this weekend. It seemed even worse than it was before because instead of trying to counter Sr Bearing with Nightmare Longinus (although this still happened a few times unsuccessfully), many of us realized we could counter Sr Bearing with Sr on tighter drivers like Atomic, Destroy, or Revolve and still have the ability to OS many other things. Obviously, going from using an Attack type to using the same Layer to counter the same Layer is a bad look in terms of metagame diversity. It's obvious that Sr has become too centralizing.

Even so, because Bloody Longinus is already out, I feel it would be responsible to get some testing on that done quickly before making a decision. Normally I wouldn't advise waiting, but since bL is out and we've heard that it might be even better than nL, it's worth taking an extra week or two to decide. Our main priority at this point is to ensure the game is as balanced as possible for BeyDays at the end of next month, so we have time.

Garuda G3
Garuda G3 should be banned from Burst Format and Hasbro Only Burst Format, flat out. Here's a few reasons why based on my testing last night:

- I had heard that G3 had worse stamina than mG, but in my testing with a mirror match between the two, the loser was always whoever was launched first. Maybe there's a difference between the two, but it didn't seem very noticeable.
- G3 on Atomic is roughly as tight as mG on Orbit (for me anyways), but despite that, no matter what I through at it, G3 Atomic lost practically 0% of its slope at the end of each round. Can't be KOed. Can't be burst. mG on Atomic is well-balanced because it bursts so easily, but I think we can't allow for G3 to remain in the game if G3 Atomic is tighter than mG on Atomic. There's a reason TT designed it that way, but Hasbro seems to have ignored it. We simply can't allow something with both high stamina and ridiculous defense to exist in the game.

Maximum Garuda
In thinking about a potential ban for Sr and G3, it also occurred to me that it might be worth re-evaluating Maximum Garuda as well. One of the reasons why unbanning mG was made possible was because of Spriggan Requiem. If Sr is banned, then mG becomes more threatening despite its more well-balanced design in comparison to G3.

That being said, despite it being more well-balanced, I found that in my testing last night mG on Orbit felt a lot more difficult to burst than I remembered it being (it did lose roughly 80% of its slide each time, but rarely bursted. That's much more than G3 on Atomic did, mind you) ... I tested it before and stationary sX was able to burst it pretty consistently. This time I was using my tightest Orbit Driver on mG, so I'm not sure if that's what was causing the issue. I'm curious to hear what you guys think about mG on Orbit and how to best counter it.

Regardless, I'm starting to feel again that the game would be objectively better if mG was also banned. mG's design is just too much of a radical departure from everything else in the series. It's never seemed fair to most Attack types because it just absorbs hits so well and has basically zero recoil.

So this is word to word what he said but he does state that "Garuda G3 should be banned from Burst Format and Hasbro Only Burst Format, flat out". So this is kind of a confusing situation.

O_o it's gonna get banned?

I was gonna use both of them! :( 

sike I just remembered how poor I am

Well, the banning of these layers will have a noticeable impact on both metagames, for sure. We'll see no Garuda at all in the Hasbro Only, and (maybe) no Spriggan Requiem in normal Burst Format? This could put off some potential players, who have only Sr or G3, and were planning to dominate the competitions with them.

What will people be using after the ban? There's only one way to find out. IMO we'll probably see some more Drain Fafnir, Alter Chronos, and more Attack types in the meta, but it's just a hunch ;)
GUYS I AM NEW TO THIS SOOO.. WHO ARE THE ORGANISERS OF BEYBLADE TOURNAMENTS CAN THE START ONE IN SOUTH INDIA ..I MEAN IN KERALA.HERE TO WE HAVE STRONG BEYBLADERS .IF COULD CAN THEY START A METAL FIGHT TOURNAMENT

IS ANYONE ONLINE
(May. 01, 2018  5:41 AM)leosama Wrote:
(May. 01, 2018  5:27 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: So this is word to word what he said but he does state that "Garuda G3 should be banned from Burst Format and Hasbro Only Burst Format, flat out". So this is kind of a confusing situation.

Chocked_2 it's gonna get banned?

I was gonna use both of them! Unhappy 

Well, the banning of these layers will have a noticeable impact on both metagames, for sure. We'll see no Garuda at all in the Hasbro Only, and (maybe) no Spriggan Requiem in normal Burst Format? This could put off some potential players, who have only Sr or G3, and were planning to dominate the competitions with them.

What will people be using after the ban? There's only one way to find out. IMO we'll probably see some more Drain Fafnir, Alter Chronos, and more Attack types in the meta, but it's just a hunch Wink

I'm one of those guys who have only Sr to dominate...
(May. 01, 2018  6:04 AM)Elado Rekai Wrote: GUYS I AM NEW TO THIS SOOO.. WHO ARE THE ORGANISERS OF BEYBLADE TOURNAMENTS CAN THE START ONE IN SOUTH INDIA ..I MEAN IN KERALA.HERE TO WE HAVE STRONG BEYBLADERS   .IF COULD CAN THEY START A METAL FIGHT TOURNAMENT

IS ANYONE ONLINE
You can look around in the communities and tournaments forum for your area , or you can start your own one. Most of us in this forum are in Australia, and can’t fly down to south India to host a tournament ?
(May. 01, 2018  6:39 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(May. 01, 2018  5:41 AM)leosama Wrote: Chocked_2 it's gonna get banned?

I was gonna use both of them! Unhappy 

What will people be using after the ban? There's only one way to find out. IMO we'll probably see some more Drain Fafnir, Alter Chronos, and more Attack types in the meta, but it's just a hunch Wink

I'm one of those guys who have only Sr to dominate...

Yes, it’s a big problem...we could try hosting the tournament before the Ban, or you could borrow some parts off other people. We’ll do our best to help you out, so hit me/us up if you’ve got anymore questions??
dude seriously XD

SO HOW DO WE HOST A TOURNAMENT

O SE NOW I GET IT .BUT WHAT ABOUT THE POINTS

(May. 01, 2018  6:53 AM)leosama Wrote:
(May. 01, 2018  6:04 AM)Elado Rekai Wrote: GUYS I AM NEW TO THIS SOOO.. WHO ARE THE ORGANISERS OF BEYBLADE TOURNAMENTS CAN THE START ONE IN SOUTH INDIA ..I MEAN IN KERALA.HERE TO WE HAVE STRONG BEYBLADERS   .IF COULD CAN THEY START A METAL FIGHT TOURNAMENT

IS ANYONE ONLINE
You can look around in the communities and tournaments forum for your area , or you can start your own one. Most of us in this forum are in Australia, and can’t fly down to south India to host a tournament ?
(May. 01, 2018  6:39 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: I'm one of those guys who have only Sr to dominate...

Yes, it’s a big problem...we could try hosting the tournament before the Ban, or you could borrow some parts off other people. We’ll do our best to help you out, so hit me/us up if you’ve got anymore questions??
(May. 01, 2018  11:48 AM)Elado Rekai Wrote: dude seriously XD

Ok looks like you need to be guided a little. This is not the place to be asking. You can ask the mods or those with the organizer title directly, or you can check the how to be an organizer section of the forum. This is not a discussion to happen in this section.
(May. 01, 2018  11:48 AM)Elado Rekai Wrote:
You need to become an organiser to host WBO events.. You have to give the organisers quiz first, which requires 50 posts.
You will find all the needed resources on the same here.
(May. 01, 2018  11:54 AM)Suhasini Wrote:
(May. 01, 2018  11:48 AM)Elado Rekai Wrote:
You need to become an organiser to host WBO events.. You have to give the organisers quiz first, which requires 50 posts.

hmm.tnx BUT I NEED TO KNOW ONE THING IS FLASH SAGGITTARIO WITH HYPERBLADE IS ILLEGAL

(May. 01, 2018  12:04 PM)Elado Rekai Wrote:
(May. 01, 2018  11:54 AM)Suhasini Wrote: You need to become an organiser to host WBO events.. You have to give the organisers quiz first, which requires 50 posts.

hmm.tnx BUT I NEED TO KNOW ONE THING IS FLASH SAGGITTARIO WITH HYPERBLADE IS ILLEGAL

I DIDNT UNDERSTAND THE TOURNAMENT RULE OF BANNED BEYBLADES FOR METAL GENERATION
(May. 01, 2018  12:04 PM)Elado Rekai Wrote: hmm.tnx BUT I NEED TO KNOW ONE THING IS FLASH SAGGITTARIO WITH HYPERBLADE IS ILLEGAL

I DIDNT UNDERSTAND THE TOURNAMENT RULE OF BANNED BEYBLADES FOR METAL GENERATION

Whoa, let's chill with the capitals. Hold up a sec. Calm down.

A list of banned parts for Metal Fight is viewable here.

If you really want help with Metal Fight, this is DEFINITELY the wrong forum. The one we're in right now is for discussing an upcoming event (Burst Format, not MFB) in Melbourne (Australia).

You're new right? Go poke around in the Q and A Forum. This is where we ask and give questions about Beyblade. You can make threads for all your questions there. I don't know anything about MFB, so I'm not the best person to ask. However, I'd be happy to further discuss this over DMs (yous call them PMs or something) Smile
(May. 02, 2018  5:28 AM)Elado Rekai Wrote: o sorry
nah dw? I’m sorry if I sounded salty

but you gotta make sure you get the right forum next time aight?
you can count me and my brother in, will my brother need an account?
(May. 06, 2018  9:53 AM)the winner Wrote: you can count me and my brother in, will my brother need an account?

everyone needs an account, but I’m pretty sure you can sign up on the day???
I'm new to competitions, would I be able to attend this one or is it to late?
(May. 11, 2018  11:08 PM)Caleb_05 Wrote: I'm new to competitions, would I be able to attend this one or is it to late?

ahaha you’ll be fine, we haven’t rly started planning out the tournament yet. Right now, we are gathering interest for the event. The tournament hasn’t started yet, so relax, ur just fine.?
Ok, so Beydays being announced and just so happen to be landing on the same date as this event, I am discussing being a part of these festivities. I am still waiting for my Organiser test to be processed (I have not received anything in relation to that so have begun asking about it) as that's what is stopping us moving further with this event, but hopefully, we will be able to move along soon.