[VIC] Melbladers 2018 event planning

It's been awhile since I've had anything to post here, but it's finally time to come out of retirement and bring back the Beyblade scene to Melbourne in full. So for those who don't know, unofficial events have been running in Melbourne for a little bit now (won't say where or anything, I can't advertise those events here) and those who are aware of those events know they have been extremely popular. A few of us have been wanting to do an official WBO event for a bit now, and with our last event being our largest yet, almost not fitting in the store, we figured starting now is best. So with that, I would like to begin planning this event: Melbladers 2018!

-Details-
Date: 27th May 2018
Time: 1pm (sign up closes at 1:10)
Directions From Flinders Street
Prizes: A split selection of Beyblades from the Burst God customization box
Interest: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...5739336779 I put this up a few days ago as I run this Facebook page. I have requested to some people to post here to show interest, but this should clearly show there is enough interest.
Stadiums: We have access to 4 Takara Tomy burst standard stadiums, one personally owned by myself, so no problems there.
Judging: 3 judges available including myself.

Any suggestions or posting of interest is welcomed and encouraged. I will be re-going over tournament hosting rules and guidelines as it's been a long time since I tried doing this.
Nice to see a resurgence in the Australian scene good luck with it
i would be interested in attending!! my cousin (17, not a WBO member) would also be interested (if she needs to make a WBO account to attend i could probably persuade her to do so).
(Apr. 12, 2018  3:46 AM)space veggies Wrote: i would be interested in attending!! my cousin (17, not a WBO member) would also be interested (if she needs to make a WBO account to attend i could probably persuade her to do so).
She will need an account but can wait till the day to do it.
yuppp I’m interested, but kinda doubt I can come? it’s crazy far away from where I am now, and probably can’t go to the city just for this
hmu if you guys are gonna do something similar closer to Dandenong ?? latersss
(Apr. 14, 2018  10:44 AM)leosama Wrote: yuppp I’m interested, but kinda doubt I can come? it’s crazy far away from where I am now, and probably can’t go to the city just for this
hmu if you guys are gonna do something similar closer to Dandenong ?? latersss

Oh gosh no, I certainly can't do that, atleast not by myself. I live in South Morang so its already a 1 hour travel time to get to the CBD, let alone another 30-60 minutes with a train transfer with all my gear. Plus the CBD just makes it insanely easy for most people due to the public transport which our established playerbase seems to be fine making.
Hey @[Giraton], happy to hear this! If there is anything we can do to help or if you have any questions, please let us know. Feel free to tag or private message our WBO Organized Play Contributor team: OldSchool™, Wombat, ThaKingTai, or Alta.
I am definitely very interested to relive my old WBO memories of competing back in the MFB/0G era. Count me in, I think I can also give some helps with prizes whenever necessary.
Have we gotten any closer to a date or time to do the tournament? If not, I would suggest some time on a weekend, or public holiday. It can’t be too far away from now too, because Melbourne weather is too unpredictable and we don’t know if we’ll get a rainy day or a ridiculously hot one?
(Apr. 18, 2018  12:48 PM)leosama Wrote: Have we gotten any closer to a date or time to do the tournament? If not, I would suggest some time on a weekend, or public holiday. It can’t be too far away from now too, because Melbourne weather is too unpredictable and we don’t know if we’ll get a rainy day or a ridiculously hot one?

it got mentioned in the original post that the match will be on a weekend, likely a sunday  Joyful_3
(Apr. 18, 2018  10:14 PM)space veggies Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2018  12:48 PM)leosama Wrote: Have we gotten any closer to a date or time to do the tournament? If not, I would suggest some time on a weekend, or public holiday. It can’t be too far away from now too, because Melbourne weather is too unpredictable and we don’t know if we’ll get a rainy day or a ridiculously hot one?

it got mentioned in the original post that the match will be on a weekend, likely a sunday  Joyful_3

oh yeah I guess I missed that? soz 
what about a date? like sometime this month, next month, do you guys have a general idea of when it might be (except for a Sunday bcos we already know now)
We should have a confirmed date post the casual event on Sunday, I need to talk in person with a few people. It may be a few weeks away so I can save money for the entry fee transfer.
(Apr. 19, 2018  4:21 AM)Giraton Wrote: We should have a confirmed date post the casual event on Sunday, I need to talk in person with a few people. It may be a few weeks away so I can save money for the entry fee transfer.

alright, ill ask again soon

oh yeah what do you mean by “post the casual event”? tbh I don’t really get it?
(Apr. 19, 2018  7:01 AM)leosama Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2018  4:21 AM)Giraton Wrote: We should have a confirmed date post the casual event on Sunday, I need to talk in person with a few people. It may be a few weeks away so I can save money for the entry fee transfer.

alright, ill ask again soon

oh yeah what do you mean by “post the casual event”? tbh I don’t really get it?

The events held at the store that I can't mention in detail here.
My son is interested. What shop are you referring to regarding casual comp’s???
Sorry for the week late update, lots of things have happened lately. Updated details in the opening post, we now have a date, location (assuming weather is nice enough) and tentative prizes.
Hiya,
I haven't played for a long time and never got the chance to actually compete as I lived far out of Melbourne but am now boarding here. I continued to collect plastic beyblades and occasionally battle with my metal fight ones but I have no burst. I assume this is going to be a burst tournament so is there anywhere I could find some info on parts and stuff? I don't know much about burst but would really like to compete! Smile
(Apr. 29, 2018  2:13 PM)INFINITYDRANZER Wrote: Hiya,
I haven't played for a long time and never got the chance to actually compete as I lived far out of Melbourne but am now boarding here. I continued to collect plastic beyblades and occasionally battle with my metal fight ones but I have no burst. I assume this is going to be a burst tournament so is there anywhere I could find some info on parts and stuff? I don't know much about burst but would really like to compete! :)

Well, my personal suggestion is to check the Burst customization section to see testing. Additionally, there is the winning combinations thread if you want to see what's working. I may have a lending system ready at the event if you wish to borrow parts if you have trouble getting Burst tops. A store called Neko Cards sells Takara Tomy Beyblades in Melbourne's CBD when they aren't out of stock so I recommend checking there if you want to pick some up. Finally, if you have any additional questions you are welcome to PM me about them.
I’d love to attend, except I’m in Queensland. Is there any plans to host a event further north?
I haven't played for a long time and never got the chance to actually compete as I lived far out of Melbourne but am now boarding here. I continued to collect plastic beyblades and occasionally battle with my metal fight ones but I have no burst. I assume this is going to be a burst tournament so is there anywhere I could find some info on parts and stuff? I don't know much about burst but would really like to compete! Smile
Hey! ?  so I heard ur new to burst?

that’s completely fine, don’t worry? I’ll do my best to update you on what’s going on

the first thing you want to do is check the winning combos thread , where you can find the most used combinations in the metagame.

Most combinations consist of 
Deep Chaos (dC) a layer widely known for the best stamina, but very prone to attack types.
Spriggan Requiem (Sr) a layer great for Defense and Stamina, but not so much attack.
Maximum Garuda (mG), has good stamina and is shaped like a perfect circle.
Nightmare Longinus (nL), for killing Left Spin Combos
Winning Valkyrie, (wV) or Sieg Xcalibur (sX) for killing right spin combos 

These are typically put onto the 7 disk and the 0 disk, because of their weight and weight distribution.

A disk frame is also attached to the disk, the most popular being Bump. This is because it is the heaviest frame. The heavier the combo, the harder it is to burst.

Drivers commonly used for attack include Xtreme and Hunter.

Drivers commonly used for Defense and Stamina include Bearing and Atomic.

Now where can someone get these parts?

The God Customise Set (GCS) contains Bump, Bearing,    Atomic, 7 disk, and Deep Chaos. It comes with loads of other decent parts too. Expensive, but it is a must buy for competitive Bladers.

Buy the God Customise Set at the lowest found price

The Spriggan Requiem starter pack contains a launcher, the Sr layer, and the 0 disk. It also comes with the Zeta driver, but no one uses that.

Buy Spriggan Requiem at the lowest found price

Nightmare Longinus starter pack contains the nL layer and Destroy driver. This combo can be used competitively without customisation, but can be improved with the Xtreme driver.

Buy Nightmare Longinus at the lowest found price

Winning Valkyrie and/or Sieg Xcalibur come in their own starter packs. Only the layer is good.

Buy Winning Valkyrie at the lowest found price

Or buy Sieg Xcalibur for a lower price, but prone to wear and needs replacements

Hope this helped! I was falling asleep through this, so if  there are any typos or mistakes, I’m really sorry?

(Apr. 29, 2018  10:01 PM)Danielblader106 Wrote: I’d love to attend, except I’m in Queensland. Is there any plans to host a event further north?

I wouldn’t know anything about that, since I’m stuck in Melbourne, but Giraton might have plans??
(Apr. 29, 2018  10:01 PM)Danielblader106 Wrote: I’d love to attend, except I’m in Queensland. Is there any plans to host a event further north?

Unfortunately no, cause that is really really difficult at the best of times. At this point in time I'm just saving for a two day trip to Sydney and I'm barely able to do that. That being said if you happen to know any anime or card game stores with any interest in holding such an event, I've been trying to find some contacts in the area for my Facebook page to work with. Might be able to indirectly host an event that way. Not knowing anyone in the area has made that process annoying.
(Apr. 29, 2018  10:23 PM)leosama Wrote:
Hey! ?  so I heard ur new to burst?

that’s completely fine, don’t worry? I’ll do my best to update you on what’s going on

the first thing you want to do is check the winning combos thread , where you can find the most used combinations in the metagame.

Most combinations consist of 
Deep Chaos (dC) a layer widely known for the best stamina, but very prone to attack types.
Spriggan Requiem (Sr) a layer great for Defense and Stamina, but not so much attack.
Maximum Garuda (mG), has good stamina and is shaped like a perfect circle.
Nightmare Longinus (nL), for killing Left Spin Combos
Winning Valkyrie, (wV) or Sieg Xcalibur (sX) for killing right spin combos 

These are typically put onto the 7 disk and the 0 disk, because of their weight and weight distribution.

A disk frame is also attached to the disk, the most popular being Bump. This is because it is the heaviest frame. The heavier the combo, the harder it is to burst.

Drivers commonly used for attack include Xtreme and Hunter.

Drivers commonly used for Defense and Stamina include Bearing and Atomic.

Now where can someone get these parts?

The God Customise Set (GCS) contains Bump, Bearing,    Atomic, 7 disk, and Deep Chaos. It comes with loads of other decent parts too. Expensive, but it is a must buy for competitive Bladers.

Buy the God Customise Set at the lowest found price

The Spriggan Requiem starter pack contains a launcher, the Sr layer, and the 0 disk. It also comes with the Zeta driver, but no one uses that.

Buy Spriggan Requiem at the lowest found price

Nightmare Longinus starter pack contains the nL layer and Destroy driver. This combo can be used competitively without customisation, but can be improved with the Xtreme driver.

Buy Nightmare Longinus at the lowest found price

Winning Valkyrie and/or Sieg Xcalibur come in their own starter packs. Only the layer is good.

Buy Winning Valkyrie at the lowest found price

Or buy Sieg Xcalibur for a lower price, but prone to wear and needs replacements

Hope this helped! I was falling asleep through this, so if  there are any typos or mistakes, I’m really sorry?

I wouldn’t know anything about that, since I’m stuck in Melbourne, but Giraton might have plans??

Thankyou so much for the help! I'll have a look around at what's available. Smile

(Apr. 29, 2018  3:47 PM)Giraton Wrote:

Well, my personal suggestion is to check the Burst customization section to see testing. Additionally, there is the winning combinations thread if you want to see what's working. I may have a lending system ready at the event if you wish to borrow parts if you have trouble getting Burst tops. A store called Neko Cards sells Takara Tomy Beyblades in Melbourne's CBD when they aren't out of stock so I recommend checking there if you want to pick some up. Finally, if you have any additional questions you are welcome to PM me about them.

Thank you, a lending system would be really cool as I don't want to spend a too much on beys I'm not going to use too much. I'd be happy to pay to rent a bey fo the event.