UnseenBurst Strikes Back! 10-23-21 Tournament Report

It's named after me so why not?

So, I actually went to the tournament today and had lots of fun! I went in 3-2 But sadly didn't make the finals. But Can you explain more about that Zektor Because I honestly still don't really understand what happened but this is what I thought Happened? So Me and my friend "Hypher" were tied both 3-2 but he got 5th and I still got 9th or something like that. If you don't mind I'd still like to discuss that. The Tournament itself was really fun I got to meet new Bladers like meow meow and lots of other people. I made a pretty solid combo and now I'm going to be talking about my matches. So, there were 5 Matches (Before the finals) and I got Two Freebies since there were not many people to balance out the Rounds. I also got Two Losses one to my friend (Still mad that we were pit against each other) and one to this kid with Mirage Fafnir 3A Kick, I severely underestimated this combo and lost to it which kinda was embarrassing but whatever. I was kinda bummed that I didn't make Top 8 but I got over it pretty fast. Hypher if you're reading this I'm sorry that you lost in your first round of the Top 8 lol. I'm not even kidding the people in the Top 8 were not messing around, they were seriously good. If you're wondering my combo was Brave Lucifer2 Spiral' 2S, not the greatest combo but hey, I had to work with what I had. Me Vs. Hypher was my favorite battle because we practiced and he knew my combo as well as I knew his. His Combo was Vanish Fafnir Tapered Drift-3 we were tied 2-2 and it was intense, at the end DRIFT ACTUALLY FAILED and started losing spin like crazy but my friend won by 1 Rotation which is kinda crazy but whatever. I honestly don't know who won the tournament and I cannot remember who I won the one battle against but I just know I won 3 Battles. Overall This tournament was awesome and Zektor is an amazing host, he's kind and very patient. His Friends the judges are also very nice and understanding! Thanks yall! (Also Zektor let me use his Phone to judge a couple matches! Thanks for that Ol' Zekky Boi)
There's really no mystery about you not making it to the finals. It goes a little like this:
There were 19 bladers. That means each round, one player got a Bye. A Bye is not as good as a win. But it's also better than a loss. So you went 2-2 with one Bye. This puts you above everyone with a 2-3 record and below everyone with a 3-2 record.

Here's the standings from the tournament:
StandingName Record Byes Buchholz
1 Beybladedb 5 - 0 - 0 0 9.0
2 Ebeanzy2 4 - 1 - 0 0 8.0
3 BeybladeBub 4 - 1 - 0 0 8.0
4 dynamite battle 3 - 2 - 0 0 10.0
5 Hpyher 3 - 2 - 0 0 9.0
6 Zektor 3 - 2 - 0 0 8.0
7 acegamer2032 3 - 2 - 0 0 8.0
8 MeowMeow 3 - 2 - 0 0 8.0
9 Plot Armor 3 - 2 - 0 0 7.0
10 UnseenBurst 2 - 2 - 0 1 5.0

The TB column doesn't factor into ties, so I've removed it. But honestly, we need to change the sorting to Win Record first and then Buchholz second when setting up Swiss tournaments.

Beybladedb went undefeated; first finals seed.
Ebeanzy2 and BeybladeBub went 4-1 with identical buchholz. Neither faced the other in first stage, so you can't order the finals seeding based on that; go by beyrank. Ebeanzy2 has existing beyrank and BeybladeBub doesn't; seed Ebeanzy as seed 2, BeybladeBub as seed 3.
dynamite battle leads the 3-2s with buchholz 10; seed 4.
Hypher follows with buchholz 9; seed 5.
Zektor, acegamer2032, MeowMeow all have buchholz 8. They take the remaining 3 spots. They each have SOME match history insofar as each has beaten one of the other ones exactly once. You can't seed on that, so go by beyrank. According to that, it should go Zektor seed 6, acegamer2032 seed 7, MeowMeow seed 8.
Plot armor has buchholz 7; no finals spot, alas.
You have a 2-2 win record. No finals spot, alas.

According to the finals, they were seeded in the order
Beybladedb
Ebeanzy2
BeybladeBub
dynamite battle
Hpyher
Zektor
acegamer2032
MeowMeow
which is correct. Good job, Zektor .

Anyway UnseenBurst, Hypher won 3 matches. You won 2.
"I cannot remember who I won the one battle against but I just know I won 3 Battles."
Nope. You won against Animaplays and kushagra2015. You lost against Hypher and dynamite battle. You had a bye in the first round.
Plot Armor. Good job to everyone and i cant wait to see you all at the next one!
(Oct. 24, 2021  4:39 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: There's really no mystery about you not making it to the finals. It goes a little like this:
There were 19 bladers. That means each round, one player got a Bye. A Bye is not as good as a win. But it's also better than a loss. So you went 2-2 with one Bye. This puts you above everyone with a 2-3 record and below everyone with a 3-2 record.

Here's the standings from the tournament:
StandingName            Record          Byes    Buchholz
1 Beybladedb 5 - 0 - 0 0 9.0
2 Ebeanzy2 4 - 1 - 0 0 8.0
3 BeybladeBub 4 - 1 - 0 0 8.0
4 dynamite battle 3 - 2 - 0 0 10.0
5 Hpyher        3 - 2 - 0 0 9.0
6 Zektor        3 - 2 - 0 0 8.0
7 acegamer2032 3 - 2 - 0 0 8.0
8 MeowMeow 3 - 2 - 0 0 8.0
9 Plot Armor 3 - 2 - 0 0 7.0
10 UnseenBurst 2 - 2 - 0 1 5.0

The TB column doesn't factor into ties, so I've removed it. But honestly, we need to change the sorting to Win Record first and then Buchholz second when setting up Swiss tournaments.

Beybladedb went undefeated; first finals seed.
Ebeanzy2 and BeybladeBub went 4-1 with identical buchholz. Neither faced the other in first stage, so you can't order the finals seeding based on that; go by beyrank. Ebeanzy2 has existing beyrank and BeybladeBub doesn't; seed Ebeanzy as seed 2, BeybladeBub as seed 3.
dynamite battle leads the 3-2s with buchholz 10; seed 4.
Hypher follows with buchholz 9; seed 5.
Zektor, acegamer2032, MeowMeow all have buchholz 8. They take the remaining 3 spots. They each have SOME match history insofar as each has beaten one of the other ones exactly once. You can't seed on that, so go by beyrank. According to that, it should go Zektor seed 6, acegamer2032 seed 7, MeowMeow seed 8.
Plot armor has buchholz 7; no finals spot, alas.
You have a 2-2 win record. No finals spot, alas.

According to the finals, they were seeded in the order
Beybladedb
Ebeanzy2
BeybladeBub
dynamite battle
Hpyher
Zektor
acegamer2032
MeowMeow
which is correct. Good job, Zektor .

Anyway UnseenBurst, Hypher won 3 matches. You won 2.
"I cannot remember who I won the one battle against but I just know I won 3 Battles."
Nope. You won against Animaplays and kushagra2015. You lost against Hypher and dynamite battle. You had a bye in the first round.

That makes much more sense thanks so much. I thought the Byes counted as wins, oh well. I'll just have to hope I do better in the next tourney.
Glad to see you guys enjoyed it! And UnseenBurst you’ll get it next time! There’s always something to learn about the types of beys your community uses, what you could’ve done better, upgrades to combinations, new launch strategies, and of course new Blader friends!
Byes are to be avoided whenever possible. If you can, do everything in your power to wind up with an even number of participants. Some of the more egregious parent hostility I've witnessed has occurred when byes prevent a blader from making it to the finals.

That said, bladers, you need to accept the judges and organizers' decisions with good grace and sportsmanship. They're not out to get you. Do not attempt to rules lawyer a situation, especially if you don't fully understand the rules.

Also if you're trying to "at" someone with a space in their name, do at"space name". Example, Plot Armor.