Unite Discussion.

So I recently got the Dual Layers, and spent about a day wearing the rubber on Unite down so that it was more passive and did not move aggressively unless it was launched into a Tornado Stall or took a particularly hard hit. Let's see how "the Tip that saved Defense" in MFB fares in Burst.

Wyvern Heavy Unite vs. Victory Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme
WHU: 14 wins (1 KO, 3 BF, 10 OS)
V2GX: 26 wins (3 KO, 19 BF, 4 OS)
4 ties redone
Wyvern win rate: 35%

From this it seemed that due to its friction with the Stadium floor, Unite was good at avoiding KOs, but this same friction allowed it to be Bursted quite easily. I tried weak launching it for a few rounds, but due to Unite's poor Stamina it ended up being outspun several times. A few rounds I tried a "mobile Defense" route and Tornado Stalled Wyvern, but depending on which side of the Ridge I aimed V2 at, it would either Burst Wyvern in a head on collision or chase it down and mess up its Stall, usually ending in a late game Burst.

Wyvern Heavy Defense vs. Victory Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme (Benchmark)
WHD: 23 wins (2 KO, 4 BF, 17 OS)
V2GX: 17 wins (10 KO, 7 BF)
6 ties redone
Wyvern win rate: 57.5%

Deathscyther Knuckle Revolve vs. Victory Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme (another Benchmark vs. Stamina)
DKR: 11 wins (8 OS, 3 BF)
V2GX: 29 wins (20 KO, 8 BF, 1 OS)
11 ties redone
Deathscyther win rate: 27.5%

Wyvern Armed Unite vs. Valkyrie Spread Zephyr
WAU: 19 wins (2 KO, 6 BF, 11 OS)
VSZ: 21 wins (1 KO, 7 BF, 13 OS)
1 tie redone
Wyvern win rate: 47.5%
This was kinda supposed to be a Burst- based test but is probably not entirely accurate due to my Valkyrie being worn and therefore Bursting Wyvern less/itself more. Tried a variety of launches for both, Wyvern tended to get the OS when I straight shot it and Sliding Shot Valkyrie, while Valkyrie tended to get the OS when I Tornado Stalled it and either Straight Shot or Tornado Stalled Wyvern.

From my observations it seems like Unite may be the most difficult Driver to KO, in exchange for being relatively easy to Burst compared to other options like Defense or Claw.
Nice tests. Smile I own Unite but I haven't really tested it enough to share a proper opinion on it. Will definitely try to get some of my tests going. Why did you use Victory Valkyrie as opposed to V1 Valkyrie or an Xcalibur, though?

I know Kei had used Wyvern paired with Unite at a previous event. What are your thoughts on that, @[Kei]?
wow finally a Unite test! Thanks Wombat!

If possible can you test VFU? i know Gravity is better but Force have more attack so it may be good
(May. 09, 2016  9:18 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Nice tests. Smile I own Unite but I haven't really tested it enough to share a proper opinion on it. Will definitely try to get some of my tests going. Why did you use Victory Valkyrie as opposed to V1 Valkyrie or an Xcalibur, though?

I know Kei had used Wyvern paired with Unite at a previous event. What are your thoughts on that, Kei?

(May. 09, 2016  9:23 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: wow finally a Unite test! Thanks Wombat!

If possible can you test VFU? i know Gravity is better but Force have more attack so it may be good

The main reason I used V2 instead of Valkyrie was because my Valkyrie is too worn to handle Xtreme and I'm not too anxious to open up a new one at this point. I tried Obelisk and Xcalibur on the same setups but V2 really stood out to me. I think it might be better than the original Valkyrie on Xtreme but I can't say for sure. I would definitely feel confident using V2GX in a tournament after the showing it put on today though (unless of course the thing breaks on me).

FIREFIRE, do you intend for VFU to be a stationary Attack Type or a more mobile one? Again, keep in mind that my Valkyrie is pretty much shot at this point, so while I'm open to doing basically any tests with it it's bound to Burst itself more/the opponent less than if I had used a mint one.
Nice tests. Seems like Unite is disappointing compared to CS. Also two things i'd like to point out:

1) CS didn't save defence in MFB. RS was used before CS' usefulness was discovered.
2) What uses does Zephyr have on Valkyrie? Because I feel like stationary attack could have gotten a better result than that if Unite isn't hard to burst.
(May. 09, 2016  10:31 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(May. 09, 2016  9:18 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Nice tests. Smile I own Unite but I haven't really tested it enough to share a proper opinion on it. Will definitely try to get some of my tests going. Why did you use Victory Valkyrie as opposed to V1 Valkyrie or an Xcalibur, though?

I know Kei had used Wyvern paired with Unite at a previous event. What are your thoughts on that, Kei?

(May. 09, 2016  9:23 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: wow finally a Unite test! Thanks Wombat!

The main reason I used V2 instead of Valkyrie was because my Valkyrie is too worn to handle Xtreme and I'm not too anxious to open up a new one at this point. I tried Obelisk and Xcalibur on the same setups but V2 really stood out to me. I think it might be better than the original Valkyrie on Xtreme but I can't say for sure. I would definitely feel confident using V2GX in a tournament after the showing it put on today though (unless of course the thing breaks on me).

FIREFIRE, do you intend for VFU to be a stationary Attack Type or a more mobile one? Again, keep in mind that my Valkyrie is pretty much shot at this point, so while I'm open to doing basically any tests with it it's bound to Burst itself more/the opponent less than if I had used a mint one.

lol i forgot about wearing of Valky. I wanted it to act like mobile attack type [slide shot] then become stationary after slowing down.

If you have O2, it will work too i guess
(May. 09, 2016  9:18 PM)Mitsu Wrote: I know Kei had used Wyvern paired with Unite at a previous event. What are your thoughts on that, @[Kei]?

It's a really interesting Driver. I haven't done formal testing, so I can't speak too much to how easy it is to burst versus how KO resistant it apparently is according to Wombat's tests, but I like it on Wyvern because it gives you the option to play stationary defense or tornado stall. You can adapt your strategy round-by-round depending on how great your opponent's shot is, or just switch it up on them when they expect you to play one way. The difference between sitting in the center one round and then stalling around the ridge at a high speed the next is dramatic.

With the stall, that also gives you the opportunity to either outrun your opponent (since Unite might be one of the fastest Drivers when doing that) or go for a KO against an opponent's staller, which is a situation where you would have probably a 0% chance of winning with a regular stationary Defense type. It's kind of niche, especially now with the overwhelming dominance of Revolve, but if the metagame changes back sometime to include more Attack types and stallers, I think Unite could have more competitive use because of its versatility.

Valkyrie on Unite is also an interesting combo. I saw it used to great effect against DHD while I was in Japan. Maybe not competitive, but worth playing with. That said, I was frustrated with this particular combination at the last Toronto event: in my battle for third place with 1234beyblade, my Unite suddenly wouldn't stall as easily as it had before, making it easy for him to pick me off with his Valkyrie Xtreme combo.
Maybe not the place to ask this, but has anybody also had issues with the Hasbro unite? Specifically the one from the epic rivals battle set? I only realised yesterday, but when I first got the tip, it had these werid lines through the plastic that wasn't supposed to be that way, I just put it down to some odd discoloration within the setting process. Last night I've noticed that my EGU was starting to burst WAY too easily. After inspecting the unite tip I've realised that those "discoloured" lines are now cracks. I'm curious as to whether I just got unlucky with a bad tip, or if the gold plastic used to mold the piece is the reason for the 'weak points'? Has anyone else gotten one of these to compare with? I still have the tip if anyone wanted pictures.
EGU as in evil-eye gravity unite? if so, it is bursting easily because u are using a takara tony part with a hasbro driver
Haha. Sorry, I forget that Xcalius (phone has Excalius in the dictionary for some reason) doesn't have an E at the start so it's actually my XGU...damn auto correct got me all confused haha. And I actually don't own ANY TT products for burst. Sorry about the confusion.
(Feb. 03, 2017  5:52 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: Maybe not the place to ask this, but has anybody also had issues with the Hasbro unite? Specifically the one from the epic rivals battle set? I only realised yesterday, but when I first got the tip, it had these werid lines through the plastic that wasn't supposed to be that way, I just put it down to some odd discoloration within the setting process. Last night I've noticed that my EGU was starting to burst WAY too easily. After inspecting the unite tip I've realised that those "discoloured" lines are now cracks. I'm curious as to whether I just got unlucky with a bad tip, or if the gold plastic used to mold the piece is the reason for the 'weak points'? Has anyone else gotten one of these to compare with? I still have the tip if anyone wanted pictures.

I also have a Hasbro Unite tip ant it also has a slight discoloration at the gold tip. It's like a grey streak that has not opened up or become a crack. I used Unite with Spryzen S2 and it doesn't seem to be more prone to bursting. Not sure but I think r Unite has a problem.
(Feb. 05, 2017  3:42 AM)Mage Wrote: I also have a Hasbro Unite tip ant it also has a slight discoloration at the gold tip. It's like a grey streak that has not opened up or become a crack. I used Unite with Spryzen S2 and it doesn't seem to be more prone to bursting. Not sure but I think r Unite has a problem.

Yea I thought I had a bad one because mine had/has quite a few of those "grey streaks" all over/through the gold plastic on basically every part of the gold...damn bad luck! Ahh well I need to get another Epic Rivals Battle Set for another stadium anyway (so I have a fresh one for proper battles)...just sucks because the Hasbro unite has actually proven to be quite good.
(Feb. 05, 2017  7:11 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: Yea I thought I had a bad one because mine had/has quite a few of those "grey streaks" all over/through the gold plastic on basically every part of the gold...damn bad luck! Ahh well I need to get another Epic Rivals Battle Set for another stadium anyway (so I have a fresh one for proper battles)...just sucks because the Hasbro unite has actually proven to be quite good.

Don't buy the Set again for that's stadium get the beysatdium standard from takara tomy if you want proper battles
(Feb. 05, 2017  8:01 AM)mj9 Wrote: Don't buy the Set again for that's stadium get the beysatdium standard from takara tomy if you want proper battles

Haha I'm not ONLY getting it for the stadium. But if I can find a TT stadium thats affordable enough I'm definitely gonna grab one.. Just not cheap being in Australia and all haha
(Feb. 05, 2017  1:14 PM)TwitchK9 Wrote: Haha I'm not ONLY getting it for the stadium. But if I can find a TT stadium thats affordable enough I'm definitely gonna grab one.. Just not cheap being in Australia and all haha

I unfortunately have to say that the Hasbro stadium in that set really does suck- I ahve it too and I really don't like the slope of the dish, but it's great if you don't have anything else like me. 

I'd say check HobbyLink Japan because they have good prices it seems for a standard type Beystadium. Considering you're in Australia I'm not sure how atrocious shipping would be. Check it out if you haven't already! Here (they're on Backorder at the time of

I feel like the Unite driver doesn't work to it's full potential in the Epic Rivals Beystadium. The Hasbro Triangle stadium looks like it would be the same- but since I don't own one myself I can't test it out there either. Though I'm pretty sure the dish part itself is the same.

So far I only have Hasbro's Unite performance tip. I'm hoping to get TT Spriggan to compare the two for myself myself eventually. I would definitely like one for my TT beys and hopefully to aide in a cool deck for the deck format if I ever make it to a tournament. 

And just for a little nitpicking I really dislike the shade of gold Hasbro used for unite on Spriggan S2 for both the ER set and the starter pack but at least it works okay ksjahdhj