[Unanswered]  advice on cleaning/adding shine to weight disks and hms frames and disks

Hi everyone, I need some advice regarding cleaning and adding shine to metal parts on my plastic gen and hms beyblades. Can anyone let me know the name of the agent/liquid needed to clean parts and make it shiny again and how to use it. I greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
I dont know any specific agent but normal toothpaste should do, i used to shine my silver with it all the time, 1st id massage it into the metal then live it a bit, then submerge it in water a bit the rinse and massage it, the buff it a bit with a flannel or towel
Brasso worked well for me since years. it takes time to polish them properly but you will be surprized to see how shiny they will get. then soak em into soap water and wash em toughly.

if some Brasso isn't going after washing try cleaning it with nail polish remover or paint thinner
I was discussing this with @[Kei] and he said it is not listed in the rule books that you're allowed to do this so it would technically he illegal to shine your beys. I personally think it has no effect on actual performance but when I explained it to Kei he said otherwise. It would be great if this can be clarified asap as I want to clean my burst disks.
Related, you can buy a light wax such as museum wax and apply just the lightest coat to prevent oxidation from happening in the first place
(Sep. 18, 2017  2:37 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: I was discussing this with @[Kei] and he said it is not listed in the rule books that you're allowed to do this so it would technically he illegal to shine your beys. I personally think it has no effect on actual performance but when I explained it to Kei he said otherwise. It would be great if this can be clarified asap as I want to clean my burst disks.

Oh I won't be battling them, this is for the ones in my collection which have picked up a bit of rust. Wanna clean em to the best ability to have em shine.
(Sep. 18, 2017  2:37 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: I was discussing this with @[Kei] and he said it is not listed in the rule books that you're allowed to do this so it would technically he illegal to shine your beys.  I personally think it has no effect on actual performance but when I explained it to Kei he said otherwise.  It would be great if this can be clarified asap as I want to clean my burst disks.

Yeah, we really just have to look into what substances would be fine ... the reason I said no is because we don't want to allow something that physically modifies the part you're shining (even if it's making the part more slippery or something would be bad). I'll add it to our list of things to look into for our next rule update. But right now, most things would fall under our "foreign substances" rule.
(Sep. 18, 2017  7:44 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2017  2:37 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: I was discussing this with @[Kei] and he said it is not listed in the rule books that you're allowed to do this so it would technically he illegal to shine your beys.  I personally think it has no effect on actual performance but when I explained it to Kei he said otherwise.  It would be great if this can be clarified asap as I want to clean my burst disks.

Yeah, we really just have to look into what substances would be fine ... the reason I said no is because we don't want to allow something that physically modifies the part you're shining (even if it's making the part more slippery or something would be bad). I'll add it to our list of things to look into for our next rule update. But right now, most things would fall under our "foreign substances" rule.

I think it would be safer to disallow it since it would be an added level of "fine tuning" and opens a can of worms that is impure to what Beyblade is. While beys do polish each other as they're battling you can technically polish your bey beyond the normal means of wear and even new condition metal. I'd even venture to say that you could potentially polish it down to a more "favorable shape" without others being able to distinguish that it is slightly altered. It's hard to say what happens from a molecular level since the points of contact are so slim and quick (and barely at all in Burst), but why complicate it when you don't have to?

If you're polishing for collection purposes then have at it! Brasso works really well!