[Unanswered]  Winning Valkyrie 12-Core Disk Banned?

I was wondering why the 12-Core Disk for Winning Valkyrie is required to have a frame in order to be used in tournaments, why is that?
The 12 Forge Disc is built to be lightweight, yet destructive. There are like 4-6 extremely powerful spear-like blades that are used to attack the opposing bey is it collides. Instead, the 12 Disc will still hit the bey while actually placing a dent into the opposing bey’s layer. This is an extremely powerful forge disc, yet so powerful that using it to attack an energy layer will permanently damage that layer.
In the official WBO rules it states that the 12 disk can only be used with a frame in tournaments.
The design of 12 allows it to actually damage other Beyblades. I had one of mine damaged within 5 minutes or so of play.

Who is going to want to play against a part that can so easily wreck your stuff? So, covering the sharp points with a frame has been made a requirement.

(Apr. 09, 2018  1:11 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: @[J.J.] it cuts/stabs at the layer of other beys. It cut into some of the rubber on my Drain Fafnir.

Images from Fafnir (Click to View)

You can see more damage in the video below. I grabbed a screenshot of one part, if you'd rather not watch the video.

Damage on video (Click to View)

You can read the original discussion here and the ruling announcement thread here if you want.
(Apr. 15, 2018  6:23 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: The 12 Forge Disc is built to be lightweight, yet destructive. There are like 4-6 extremely powerful spear-like blades that are used to attack the opposing bey is it collides. Instead, the 12 Disc will still hit the bey while actually placing a dent into the opposing bey’s layer. This is an extremely powerful forge disc, yet so powerful that using it to attack an energy layer will permanently damage that layer.

how do you define “powerful”?
(Apr. 16, 2018  1:29 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: how do you define “powerful”?

(Apr. 09, 2018  1:11 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: @[J.J.] it cuts/stabs at the layer of other beys. It cut into some of the rubber on my Drain Fafnir.

tbh this is all that needs to be said. If that’s not powerful, I don’t know what is.
(Apr. 16, 2018  12:45 PM)leosama Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2018  1:29 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: how do you define “powerful”?

tbh this is all that needs to be said. If that’s not powerful, I don’t know what is.

that’s not power
that’s an unintended consequence of poor design

12 is not a “powerful” disc

it’s a featherweight disc with pointed wings (made for purely aesthetic/balance purposes) that also unintentionally damage certain layers under certain conditions

now i’ll admit i’m forced to assume the wings are purely aesthetic, however assuming they were designed to cut/stab and otherwise purposefully damage opposing layers is borderline absurd to me.

either way, 12 might have some goldilocks high performance application in the future, but it doesn’t right now. therefore to me, it’s anything but “powerful”.
Yeah, I wouldn't say it has "extremely powerful spear-like blades" or that the disc is powerful at all. It's all because of its shape. The rest of the Beyblade puts the power behind its punches, given how light 12 is. 12 does pretty much no work other than provide the points.

Some people think the design is supposed to better smash opponents to burst, but I definitely doubt the negative consequences we've seen were intended.
12 is too light for competative use anyway- I hope TT changes the mold for 12 if they plan on putting it on more beys in future.
The reason why it's so powerful is because of PSI, or at the very least, a similar concept. Take... Nine in left spin, for example. It has strong points of contact too, but they're much more blunt, and the design makes it rare for the disk to properly smash anything. From what I've seen of 12's design, its contact points stick out much further, somewhat like MFB's Blitz wheel, if it was left-spin. 12's contact points are much more defined, almost to the point of being needle-sharp. When the force of a spinning bey is channelled into such a small point, it's going to do severe piercing damage to whatever it hit. Compared to the usual flat, blunt-force impacts we're used to, which have more power behind them, like a punch, but don't inflict severe damage.
It's like a pair of high heels. It's one thing to be stepped on with the front of the shoe, but it's another story if you're stepped on with that heel! Ouch! All that weight on a small point.

It's just how the design affects the force behind it.
I wouldn’t be so sure about it! & yes I also have the
Valkyrie 12 Core disk it is extremely destructive but
I underestimated how powerful it was and it cracked my beyblade just a little. All that’ll is the bonds between the beyblade & its blader!
(Apr. 18, 2018  3:57 PM)Kry Wrote: 12 is too light for competative use anyway- I hope TT changes the mold for 12 if they plan on putting it on more beys in future.

And they haven't.