[Unanswered]  Wear and tear on Burst launchers (hasbro)

Hey guys. So ive noticed that with all my ripcord launchers (hasbro super grip launcher, and the little blue ones that comes with hasbro beys) wear down extremely fast. and after just a few hours of play the gears start to skip and the launches become less consistent and powerful. I was wondering if anyone knows any methods to prevent this from happening or any ways to fix it. that would still allow me to use it in tournaments and competitive play.
if not, is there another type of hasbro launcher that wont wear down as fast? 
trying to avoid string launchers because even with TT ones, im having issues. 

thanks!
(Apr. 26, 2018  8:44 PM)BladerJo Wrote: Hey guys. So ive noticed that with all my ripcord launchers (hasbro super grip launcher, and the little blue ones that comes with hasbro beys) wear down extremely fast. and after just a few hours of play the gears start to skip and the launches become less consistent and powerful. I was wondering if anyone knows any methods to prevent this from happening or any ways to fix it. that would still allow me to use it in tournaments and competitive play.

thanks!
Have you been clicking the launcher? If so, then that might be why it wears down fast
(Apr. 26, 2018  9:13 PM)BeybladerBraden Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2018  8:44 PM)BladerJo Wrote: Hey guys. So ive noticed that with all my ripcord launchers (hasbro super grip launcher, and the little blue ones that comes with hasbro beys) wear down extremely fast. and after just a few hours of play the gears start to skip and the launches become less consistent and powerful. I was wondering if anyone knows any methods to prevent this from happening or any ways to fix it. that would still allow me to use it in tournaments and competitive play.

thanks!
Have you been clicking the launcher? If so, then that might be why it wears down fast

Actually I haven't and Ive avoided that. But im still having alot of trouble
have you tried using liquid silicone or wd-40 to lubricate the launcher or tried straightening out the ripcords by using hot water to make them pliable and then once you have it straight using cold water to make it less pliable? Or have u tried using a hammer to lightly tap the pin back in place?
(Apr. 26, 2018  10:09 PM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote: have you tried using liquid silicone or wd-40 to lubricate the launcher or tried straightening out the ripcords by using hot water to make them pliable and then once you have it straight using cold water to make it less pliable? Or have u tried using a hammer to lightly tap the pin back in place?

the pin being loose isn't really the problem. the small tunnel that the ripcord goes threw has worn away, which gives the ripcord more space and thus it misses the gears half the time. 

my rip cords are vary straight so I dont think thats a problem, thanks for the suggestion though

WD-40 is a great idea! ill use that on my newer launchers and see if that increases they're life span
(Apr. 26, 2018  10:09 PM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote: Or have u tried using a hammer to lightly tap the pin back in place?

That helps to my Supergrip launcher (white one) but does not last long. Few launches only.
Don't turn more than necessary to lock in the bey. If it clicks, you're damaging the launcher.
(Apr. 26, 2018  10:39 PM)BladerJo Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2018  10:09 PM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote: have you tried using liquid silicone or wd-40 to lubricate the launcher or tried straightening out the ripcords by using hot water to make them pliable and then once you have it straight using cold water to make it less pliable? Or have u tried using a hammer to lightly tap the pin back in place?

the pin being loose isn't really the problem. the small tunnel that the ripcord goes threw has worn away, which gives the ripcord more space and thus it misses the gears half the time. 

my rip cords are vary straight so I dont think thats a problem, thanks for the suggestion though

WD-40 is a great idea! ill use that on my newer launchers and see if that increases they're life span

Last i checked, WD-40 kills launchers and erodes them so it's not a good idea.
(Apr. 27, 2018  3:41 PM)ultra destinus Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2018  10:39 PM)BladerJo Wrote: the pin being loose isn't really the problem. the small tunnel that the ripcord goes threw has worn away, which gives the ripcord more space and thus it misses the gears half the time. 

Oh gosh, ok. thanks for the warning. Glad i didn't do that yet. haha
(Apr. 27, 2018  10:26 AM)iiggoor Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2018  10:09 PM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote: Or have u tried using a hammer to lightly tap the pin back in place?

That helps to my Supergrip launcher (white one) but does not last long. Few launches only.

hmmm. try taking it apart VERY carefully and then remove the problematic piece(s) and then carefully put it back together (use this method after and ONLY AFTER u tried lubing your supergrip launcher w/ either liquid silicone or wd-40). I did it for one of my little brother's switchstrike launchers and it works perfectly.
Never got an idea I can take that pin out, because there are no grooves for screwdriver Grin I'll try since that worked out for you.

Launchers are being broken all the time, and I'm used to replace them often so wasn't concerned about it a lot Smile
(Apr. 28, 2018  10:13 PM)neoshai Wrote: Personally haven't had any problems with the blue ones, except for the fact that they're way to tiny and I can barely hold them >.>
The white ones from switchstrike are horrible on the other hand. Barely work with left and they get stuck very often.
The string launcher from hasbro is awful as well, doesn't work with all beys and skips gears even when it's brand new.

I honestly suggest to just get a TT launcher, sword launcher or just the one that comes along with Spriggan Requiem. I personally use the LR string launcher from TT and I gotta say that I'm very glad with that one.

Btw, a tiny tip tho, don't straighten your ripcords ... I've noticed that after I tried to do that it started to skip gears because there's apparently a bit to much space in between the cord and the gear inside the launcher, having it as it was from the package seems to work better.

hmm, that is most interesting. ever since I had gotten my first bey (hayate hidden spirit) I was told to straighten the cord right away. Thx for letting me in on the tip
The only biggest problem on my Hasbro launchers are that the plastic ends up getting ripped out in the place where you rip your launcher, so that’s why the launcher keeps being a failure every single time, they don’t even use better plastic.
I noticed that after a day of use it starts not to launch well and sometimes it won’t spin when I try my hardest at launching it spins slow it hits the wall and flys out when I use a Hasbro Odin by the way it’s not o2
I hate it when people give me detrimental advice. It makes me want to pull the ripcord so hard that My bey spins fast enough that after one hit from my bey that person's beyblade gets sent flying out of the stadium and bursting like in the anime.
Just know, each and every single one of us is hoping this will not happen with the Hasbro Sword Launcher in the future.
I don't know if this is related to this problem but my Supergrip's "Vertical Mode" skips gears but my "L mode" is just fine. Does anyone know the problem here?
(Apr. 27, 2018  3:41 PM)ultra destinus Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2018  10:39 PM)BladerJo Wrote: the pin being loose isn't really the problem. the small tunnel that the ripcord goes threw has worn away, which gives the ripcord more space and thus it misses the gears half the time. 

I've always used WD-40 to lubricate my launchers, and not once has it eroded or killed my launchers. Trust me, I've been doing this since I was 3 years-old, I know what is beneficial and detrimental to launchers no turn for the worst in my launchers both tt and hasbro
Pretty off-topic, but I haven't been told once in my 8 years of blading that you're supposed to straighten out the string.
Could we at least assume the Hasbro Sword Launcher is expensive enough to make this thread A BIG DEAL?
Basically here, Hasbro isn’t putting enough effort to make strong enough plastic to withstand thousands of launches, which I want them to AT LEAST TRY and perform. It ain’t your fault or anyone else’s. The thing that matters most is that Hasbro doesn’t produce the plastic needed to withstand wear and tear through excessive use of the Ripcord launches. If this is gonna end up wrecking the Hasbro Sword Launcher, Which is in the Xcalius X3 Set (which cannot be bought any other way until Hasbro decides so), all of us are gonna be so mad here. Except you Tomy users.
(May. 01, 2018  1:34 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: Basically here, Hasbro isn’t putting enough effort to make strong enough plastic to withstand thousands of launches, which I want them to AT LEAST TRY and perform. It ain’t your fault or anyone else’s. The thing that matters most is that Hasbro doesn’t produce the plastic needed to withstand wear and tear through excessive use of the Ripcord launches. If this is gonna end up wrecking the Hasbro Sword Launcher, Which is in Xcalius X3 Set (which cannot
be bought any other way until Hasbro decides so),  all of us are gonna be so mad here. Except you  Tomy users.

i just bought the Hasbro sword launcher set today and not two hours after it’s loose. 
I’ve only ever broken a single launcher and that was after at least 24 hours of use.