[Unanswered]  Trouble with launchers

Hello,

I'm after some advice about launchers. My sons are really into their Beyblade Burst and have collected about 30 of them but the problem we're having is that the launchers seem to be unreliable and fail pretty quickly. I have actually lost count how many different ones we've bought and it's exasperating! We're in the UK and there's not much of a market for Beyblades here which means we have a very limited choice of what we can get (either through Amazon or eBay). Most of the ones we've tried are string launchers but they seem to either get tangled or the spring goes and they lose power. The ripcord ones don't seem to be able to generate as much power. And then there are some we've bought which have turned out to be fake.

Is it worth spending a large amount of money to get really top quality launchers or is there a reliable budget one? What would people recommend?
(Jul. 05, 2021  9:27 PM)Dedken Wrote: Hello,

I'm after some advice about launchers. My sons are really into their Beyblade Burst and have collected about 30 of them but the problem we're having is that the launchers seem to be unreliable and fail pretty quickly. I have actually lost count how many different ones we've bought and it's exasperating! We're in the UK and there's not much of a market for Beyblades here which means we have a very limited choice of what we can get (either through Amazon or eBay). Most of the ones we've tried are string launchers but they seem to either get tangled or the spring goes and they lose power. The ripcord ones don't seem to be able to generate as much power. And then there are some we've bought which have turned out to be fake.

Is it worth spending a large amount of money to get really top quality launchers or is there a reliable budget one? What would people recommend?

If your sons really like beybade you can get them the best launchers if you want but what type of launchers are failing?
We have killed a variety of launchers that look like thisthis and this. Those are just some of the ones I remember! 

We haven't been using grips - do these type of launcher work better with a grip?
(Jul. 05, 2021  10:24 PM)Dedken Wrote: We have killed a variety of launchers that look like thisthis and this. Those are just some of the ones I remember! 

We haven't been using grips - do these type of launcher work better with a grip?

I'm not sure I have not used them but did you notice anything unique or unusual in the launcher or the trip could not be working like it should be
Nothing odd, no. They've all been fine at first but then the string will get tangled on the recoil and then I'll have to unscrew it to reset the string, but in doing that the spring loses some of its tension and it never recoils properly again.
(Jul. 05, 2021  10:44 PM)Dedken Wrote: Nothing odd, no. They've all been fine at first but then the string will get tangled on the recoil and then I'll have to unscrew it to reset the string, but in doing that the spring loses some of its tension and it never recoils properly again.

Yeah,with me launcher it tangled and gets stuck to but cause of a part in the bey that is wrong and you need to fix it so it could be a part that the bey is using or Just when you unsrewed it something may have gone of so I'm not sure
(Jul. 05, 2021  9:35 PM)LegendJustice Wrote:

If your sons really like beybade you can get them the best launchers if you want but what type of launchers are failing?

(Jul. 05, 2021  10:50 PM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2021  10:44 PM)Dedken Wrote: Nothing odd, no. They've all been fine at first but then the string will get tangled on the recoil and then I'll have to unscrew it to reset the string, but in doing that the spring loses some of its tension and it never recoils properly again.

Yeah,with me launcher it tangled and gets stuck to but cause of a part in the bey that is wrong and you need to fix it so it could be a part that the bey is using or Just when you unsrewed it something may have gone of so I'm not sure

Maybe we're just pulling the string too hard which is causing a lot of wear and tear on the launcher?
(Jul. 05, 2021  10:54 PM)Dedken Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2021  9:35 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: If your sons really like beybade you can get them the best launchers if you want but what type of launchers are failing?

(Jul. 05, 2021  10:50 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: Yeah,with me launcher it tangled and gets stuck to but cause of a part in the bey that is wrong and you need to fix it so it could be a part that the bey is using or Just when you unsrewed it something may have gone of so I'm not sure

Maybe we're just pulling the string too hard which is causing a lot of wear and tear on the launcher?

Yeah that's always a possibility!
Are they clicking the launchers? You'd know if they were, you'd hear it. They just might be overdoing it with the pull, or maybe they're clicking.

To be honest, I would recommend the Pro Series launcher. It actually hasn't failed me yet. If not that, then Sparking Launchers or LR Launchers are also good. I also have noticed some wear/launch power decrease on my brother's normal red string launcher from the Z Achilles upgrade set.
I'm kinda' glad I found this thread, because my faithful Diabolos LR light launcher can't seem to support the weight of my "modern" Beyblades anymore. So I'm in a similar boat