[Unanswered]  The Best Left

Which is better Volcano Helios or Vanish Fafnir(with Giga)... Plan to buy, both about the same price
(Jul. 22, 2021  1:17 PM)Ethan Goh Wrote: How about the Zone'+Z driver

I'm pretty sure the Zone'+Z driver is more commonly used competitively than Kick, so it would be definitely a nice addition to your collection if you plan on going to some tournaments. I think Vanish Fafnir has been more competitively used, probably because of the fact that Helios Volcano can only be used with a Limit Break disk, and Tapered seems like a great disk in general. I would suggest getting Vanish over Volcano for its parts overall, but it's totally up to you. Hope this helps!

Also, where did you find them at around the same price? I thought the only way to get Helios Volcano was with the Limit Break DX Set unless you're buying it separately for quite a bit more than most blades? I'd definitely be interested in a cheap Helios Volcano.
Helios Volcano is ~ $42
Vanish is ~ $20

I agree that Vanish, Fafnir, and Tapered are all seeing a good bit of competitive use currently. Zone’+Z is also useful though. I would probably recommend getting Vanish first then following up with Helios Volcano later when you can. Just make sure that it’s legit! Be wary of prices that are too low!
Kick is outclassed. Vanish is limited. Fafnir core is ok. "3" blade is nothing special. Tapered is useful. Unfortunately, these parts won't be viable for long. Takara tomy will definitely release powerful beys at the latter part of DB.( Cho-z Spriggan, Achilles, Valkryie at the end of Cho-z series, Imperial, Master, Genesis, at the end of GT .Lucifer the end, Hyperion Burn, and Helios Volcano at the end of sparking Sparking) So, i recommend Vanish for collecting, not for viability.
(Aug. 21, 2021  9:45 AM)El Diablo :) Wrote: Kick is outclassed. Vanish is limited. Fafnir core is ok. "3" blade is nothing special. Tapered is useful. Unfortunately, these parts won't be viable for long. Takara tomy will definitely release powerful beys at the latter part of DB.( Cho-z Spriggan, Achilles, Valkryie at the end of Cho-z series, Imperial, Master, Genesis, at the end of GT .Lucifer the end, Hyperion Burn, and Helios Volcano at the end of sparking Sparking) So, i recommend Vanish for collecting, not for viability.
Kick is actually a really good Stamina Driver, it can outspin most Beys, Vanish is pretty good too, it's the heaviest DB Blade (For now) And is really good at spin stealing, 3 actually is really good too, because beys with 3 Blades are more balanced out with the 3 Armor. Honestly, I think your underestimating Vanish Fafnir, it's actually a really good stock and you might be able to win a tournament with it (Don't quote me on that) but again, it's your opinion, I'm not trying to disagree I'm just sayin
(Aug. 21, 2021  4:39 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  9:45 AM)El Diablo Wrote: Kick is outclassed. Vanish is limited. Fafnir core is ok. "3" blade is nothing special. Tapered is useful. Unfortunately, these parts won't be viable for long.  Takara tomy will definitely release powerful beys at the latter part of DB.( Cho-z Spriggan, Achilles, Valkryie at the end of Cho-z series, Imperial, Master, Genesis, at the end of GT .Lucifer the end, Hyperion Burn, and Helios Volcano at the end of sparking Sparking) So, i recommend Vanish for collecting, not for viability.
Kick is actually a really good Stamina Driver, it can outspin most Beys, Vanish is pretty good too, it's the heaviest DB Blade (For now) And is really good at spin stealing, 3 actually is really good too, because beys with 3 Blades are more balanced out with the 3 Armor. Honestly, I think your underestimating Vanish Fafnir, it's actually a really good stock and you might be able to win a tournament with it (Don't quote me on that) but again, it's your opinion, I'm not trying to disagree I'm just sayin

There's this thing with fafnir that's been going on for quite a while. Usually, when a fafnir is released as one of the earliest beys of the season, the parts tend to get outclassed very quickly. So if its parts are on the "good" and not really good level, that its going to get outclassed even more quickly. Now lemme explain why i think vanish isn't that great. 

First its non symmetrical because of the 3 winged design. You don't need rubber to spin equalize, it helps but the disadvantage of a rubber layer against a same spin opponent makes vanish not worth it. It drains its stamina quicker than Roar bahamut thanks to the rubber on it. I've done my testings (dual go shoot grip (to ensure equal stamina, vanish fafnir giga never  vs roar fafnir giga never), out of this little test battle, i found out that when two beys collide, the bey with a rubber layer tends to lose more stamina than the bey with plastic, and with each collision, the stamina level gap widens. I've done the same tests with mirage up against some sparking stamina type layers as well, same results. So here it proves that Roar directly outclassed vanish. 

3 is unbalanced because of the weight distribution points. Unbalanced means less stamina, and 3 isn't even the heaviest.

Tapered has potential. The disc is lowered to the ground. Not great against same spin opponents because if you notice in vanish fafnir's battles against Roar bahamut, fafnir tends to circle and orbit around the other bey when both beys are almost out of stamina, but because of fafnir's  increasing tilting angle while circling around, tapered scraps, and loses. So fafnir would lose even if it had more stamina. But it does have potential with drivers like drift ,zone'+ z and bearing. But currently its the lightest among all the DB discs, a balanced trade-off.

Kick, is a very nice concept. But takara tomy messed it up big time. Look, its LAD would have been better, if only they had made a better design. You see, if they had made the plate free spinning and made the plate a bit smaller, the LAD would be better. When it comes to drivers with plates, the plate must not produce too much friction when (plate scraping at that LAD moment) in order to maintain high LAD (by "high" i mean competitive standards). But Kick's plate isn't free spinning, and its too wide. Which makes it produce too much friction, and then lose out at that critical moment of LAD. Anyways according to testings, kick doesn't have the best stamina, outclassed by Never, xtend+, LAD outclassed by Drift and Zone'+Z.
(Aug. 21, 2021  4:39 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  9:45 AM)El Diablo Wrote: Kick is outclassed. Vanish is limited. Fafnir core is ok. "3" blade is nothing special. Tapered is useful. Unfortunately, these parts won't be viable for long.  Takara tomy will definitely release powerful beys at the latter part of DB.( Cho-z Spriggan, Achilles, Valkryie at the end of Cho-z series, Imperial, Master, Genesis, at the end of GT .Lucifer the end, Hyperion Burn, and Helios Volcano at the end of sparking Sparking) So, i recommend Vanish for collecting, not for viability.

Kick is not viable
As the other person who quoted you (forgot who) said, Vanish will be outclassed by other beys. 
dF outclassed by Sr
gF outclassed by czS (although czS had no rubber it was quite good) 
WF outclassed by everything
MFf outclassed by WS
VFF should be outclassed/on par (needs testing) with Astral
From this we can deduce that Spriggan > Fafnir lol
(Sep. 01, 2021  9:44 AM)El Diablo :) Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  4:39 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Kick is actually a really good Stamina Driver, it can outspin most Beys, Vanish is pretty good too, it's the heaviest DB Blade (For now) And is really good at spin stealing, 3 actually is really good too, because beys with 3 Blades are more balanced out with the 3 Armor. Honestly, I think your underestimating Vanish Fafnir, it's actually a really good stock and you might be able to win a tournament with it (Don't quote me on that) but again, it's your opinion, I'm not trying to disagree I'm just sayin

There's this thing with fafnir that's been going on for quite a while. Usually, when a fafnir is released as one of the earliest beys of the season, the parts tend to get outclassed very quickly. So if its parts are on the "good" and not really good level, that its going to get outclassed even more quickly. Now lemme explain why i think vanish isn't that great. 

First its non symmetrical because of the 3 winged design. You don't need rubber to spin equalize, it helps but the disadvantage of a rubber layer against a same spin opponent makes vanish not worth it. It drains its stamina quicker than Roar bahamut thanks to the rubber on it. I've done my testings (dual go shoot grip (to ensure equal stamina, vanish fafnir giga never  vs roar fafnir giga never), out of this little test battle, i found out that when two beys collide, the bey with a rubber layer tends to lose more stamina than the bey with plastic, and with each collision, the stamina level gap widens. I've done the same tests with mirage up against some sparking stamina type layers as well, same results. So here it proves that Roar directly outclassed vanish. 

3 is unbalanced because of the weight distribution points. Unbalanced means less stamina, and 3 isn't even the heaviest.

Tapered has potential. The disc is lowered to the ground. Not great against same spin opponents because if you notice in vanish fafnir's battles against Roar bahamut, fafnir tends to circle and orbit around the other bey when both beys are almost out of stamina, but because of fafnir's  increasing tilting angle while circling around, tapered scraps, and loses. So fafnir would lose even if it had more stamina. But it does have potential with drivers like drift ,zone'+ z and bearing. But currently its the lightest among all the DB discs, a balanced trade-off.

Kick, is a very nice concept. But takara tomy fcked it up big time. Look, its LAD would have been better, if only they had made a better design. You see, if they had made the plate free spinning and made the plate a bit smaller, the LAD would be better. When it comes to drivers with plates, the plate must not produce too much friction when (plate scraping at that LAD moment) in order to maintain high LAD (by "high" i mean competitive standards). But Kick's plate isn't free spinning, and its too wide. Which makes it produce too much friction, and then lose out at that critical moment of LAD. Anyways according to testings, kick doesn't have the best stamina, outclassed by Never, xtend+, LAD outclassed by Drift and Zone'+Z.

(Sep. 01, 2021  11:18 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  4:39 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Kick is actually a really good Stamina Driver, it can outspin most Beys, Vanish is pretty good too, it's the heaviest DB Blade (For now) And is really good at spin stealing, 3 actually is really good too, because beys with 3 Blades are more balanced out with the 3 Armor. Honestly, I think your underestimating Vanish Fafnir, it's actually a really good stock and you might be able to win a tournament with it (Don't quote me on that) but again, it's your opinion, I'm not trying to disagree I'm just sayin

Kick is not viable
As the other person who quoted you (forgot who) said, Vanish will be outclassed by other beys. 
dF outclassed by Sr
MFf outclassed by WS

At first, I thought Kick was good because I saw it out spinning a lot of Beys but now seeing more battles I guess you're right, Kick isn't the best driver.
(Sep. 01, 2021  9:44 AM)El Diablo :) Wrote:
 So here it proves that Roar directly outclassed vanish. 

I hate to disagree with you but roar is not better than vanish, vanish can absorb attacks and spin steal, if roar doesn't activate then it's useless, as its jagged shape has no stamina; roar is supposed to be a defensive blade but it cannot defend better than vanish.

(Sep. 01, 2021  9:44 AM)El Diablo :) Wrote:

Kick, is a very nice concept. But takara tomy fcked it up big time. Look, its LAD would have been better, if only they had made a better design. You see, if they had made the plate free spinning and made the plate a bit smaller, the LAD would be better. When it comes to drivers with plates, the plate must not produce too much friction when (plate scraping at that LAD moment) in order to maintain high LAD (by "high" i mean competitive standards). But Kick's plate isn't free spinning, and its too wide. Which makes it produce too much friction, and then lose out at that critical moment of LAD. Anyways according to testings, kick doesn't have the best stamina, outclassed by Never, xtend+, LAD outclassed by Drift and Zone'+Z.

Also, don't swear.
(Sep. 01, 2021  9:44 AM)El Diablo Wrote:

(Sep. 02, 2021  7:19 AM)GhostFox Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2021  9:44 AM)El Diablo Wrote:  So here it proves that Roar directly outclassed vanish. 

I hate to disagree with you but roar is not better than vanish, vanish can absorb attacks and spin steal, if roar doesn't activate then it's useless, as its jagged shape has no stamina; roar is supposed to be a defensive blade but it cannot defend better than vanish.

(Sep. 01, 2021  9:44 AM)El Diablo Wrote: Kick, is a very nice concept. But takara tomy fcked it up big time. Look, its LAD would have been better, if only they had made a better design. You see, if they had made the plate free spinning and made the plate a bit smaller, the LAD would be better. When it comes to drivers with plates, the plate must not produce too much friction when (plate scraping at that LAD moment) in order to maintain high LAD (by "high" i mean competitive standards). But Kick's plate isn't free spinning, and its too wide. Which makes it produce too much friction, and then lose out at that critical moment of LAD. Anyways according to testings, kick doesn't have the best stamina, outclassed by Never, xtend+, LAD outclassed by Drift and Zone'+Z.

Also, don't swear.
There's only a bit of jaggy edges around roar. At least i can say that Roar is a lot rounder than Vanish. And that gimmick of bahamut. Its just a gimmick, the theory is that once is becomes round, its defense power increases a little, that's only a gimmick and to be honest it doesn't help much in real life. So whether it activates or not, it doesn't matter. And forget about spin stealing, when it comes to opposite spin matchup, any bey can spin equalize, what matters is the life after death. Even if you have rubber, will it outspin a high LAD opponent? Use the word spin-equalize, not spin steal. And Vanish can be easily countered by left spin combos, because of the amount of rubber on it. Last but not least, show me some proof that vanish's attack absorbing capabilities are viable. It does work, but not by an incredible amount. A vanish combo can still get KO'd easily from my testings.

(Sep. 02, 2021  1:51 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2021  9:44 AM)El Diablo Wrote: There's this thing with fafnir that's been going on for quite a while. Usually, when a fafnir is released as one of the earliest beys of the season, the parts tend to get outclassed very quickly. So if its parts are on the "good" and not really good level, that its going to get outclassed even more quickly. Now lemme explain why i think vanish isn't that great. 

(Sep. 01, 2021  11:18 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: Kick is not viable
dF outclassed by Sr
MFf outclassed by WS

At first, I thought Kick was good because I saw it out spinning a lot of Beys but now seeing more battles I guess you're right, Kick isn't the best driver.
I wrote a whole article about Vanish Fafnir just for your sake, don't you have anything to say about it, Unseen Burst?
idk, i went to a tournament and a kid demolished 5-1 in swiss then got like 1st in a bracket with vanish. tho, i think you should only get it for vanish and its spin equalization. Tapered is also pretty good in low mode, better than nexus, and shot, but not as good as giga and whatever astrals disk is. Astral is worse than Vanish imo, but with gulity coming out, which is presumed to basically be a heavier rage, vanish won't be as viable, especially since the whole freaking layer is rubber. So the best left? as of now rage, with testing in a month and a half, probably gulity. In terms of helios vs vanish, vanish out weighs helios three to two, with vanish having kick, vanish, and tapered, all usable parts, but helios having the helios chip and zone'+Z, only two. also vanish is cheaper and comes with the F gear (probably the best part in the set).