[Unanswered]  Regalia Yenesis keeps bursting

One of the main issues I’ve had and others too is that with the Yenesis layer, the mugen lock gear doesn’t work as well as apocalypse’s mugen lock gear. The main issue is that it bursts when launched hard and can even burst before the “dragon eyes” are open, which is when the bey is supposed to be able to burst. Trying it out, pushing in the buttons when the eyes are hidden still causes it to burst when it shouldn’t. I’ve only found one fix to this, which is to wrap a small rubber band around the lock, but this not only makes the bey completely unburstable, it’s of course tournament illegal, and makes the gimmick pretty much worthless.So I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this without the need for buying a new one.
(Nov. 10, 2019  6:41 PM)DaneWasHere_ Wrote: One of the main issues I’ve had and others too is that with the Yenesis layer, the mugen lock gear doesn’t work as well as apocalypse’s mugen lock gear. The main issue is that it bursts when launched hard and can even burst before the “dragon eyes” are open, which is when the bey is supposed to be able to burst. Trying it out, pushing in the buttons when the eyes are hidden still causes it to burst when it shouldn’t. I’ve only found one fix to this, which is to wrap a small rubber band around the lock, but this not only makes the bey completely unburstable, it’s of course tournament illegal, and makes the gimmick pretty much worthless.So I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this without the need for buying a new one.
Genesis is trash for competitive play, I wouldn't consider using it in tournaments.
(Nov. 10, 2019  6:47 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2019  6:41 PM)DaneWasHere_ Wrote: One of the main issues I’ve had and others too is that with the Yenesis layer, the mugen lock gear doesn’t work as well as apocalypse’s mugen lock gear. The main issue is that it bursts when launched hard and can even burst before the “dragon eyes” are open, which is when the bey is supposed to be able to burst. Trying it out, pushing in the buttons when the eyes are hidden still causes it to burst when it shouldn’t. I’ve only found one fix to this, which is to wrap a small rubber band around the lock, but this not only makes the bey completely unburstable, it’s of course tournament illegal, and makes the gimmick pretty much worthless.So I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this without the need for buying a new one.
Genesis is trash for competitive play, I wouldn't consider using it in tournaments.

That’s true, I wasn’t considering it but using it just for fun is still annoying

Update: I tried repeatedly turning the driver in the way you’d lock it in, and pushing it through the random times it’d stop and lock itself. It’s hard to explain exactly but after doing that a lot and launching it seems I can launch Yenesis harder now, but it still bursts when the eyes are hidden and holding the buttons

The problems are the shape and the "slopes". It has a lot of recoil because it's very oval-shaped, and Takara Tomy made the "slopes" weaker because it's classified as a Defense Type. Honestly, it's kind of dumb that they nerfed it so much, but a fix could be using it on Dash Drivers like Destroy'.