[Unanswered]  New here, need advice

Okay so I am interested in getting into beyblade however I'm not sure what's what.. my thoughts were to check the forums for what Beys are good but it's full of jargon and I am still unsure what I'm looking for.. anywhere I can learn what each of the words are meaning? Like heavy etc, I'm certain they are all names for parts but I have no idea how to learn about individual pieces and how to know what it is when people are discussing them and wwhy are they good/bad .. also what pieces come with what beys

I was looking at hell salamander not sure if it's "meta" and is it decent as a stock blade or will I need to change parts , is the Hasbro one okay to buy takara tomy far superior?
(Dec. 29, 2018  10:03 PM)Tearsofcyanide Wrote: Okay so I am interested in getting into beyblade however I'm not sure what's what.. my thoughts were to check the forums for what Beys are good but it's full of jargon and I am still unsure what I'm looking for.. anywhere I can learn what each of the words are meaning? Like heavy etc, I'm certain they are all names for parts but I have no idea how to learn about individual pieces and how to know what it is when people are discussing them and wwhy are they good/bad .. also what pieces come with what beys

I was looking at hell salamander not sure if it's "meta" and is it decent as a stock blade or will I need to change parts , is the Hasbro one okay to buy takara tomy far superior?

Hey! If you are looking for a good stock bey you might wanna go with Cho Z valkyrie. I could explain why the Salamander stock is bad, but I don't wanna bore you ?.
Okay so choz valk is the one with the anti burst thing if you launch hard enough right? I'm happy to know why salamander isn't good stock.. it's just the only one I've thought looked cool so far :p
Just get aH 10C A’. It almost unstoppable against most Combos.
(Dec. 29, 2018  10:40 PM)Tearsofcyanide Wrote: Okay so choz valk is the one with the anti burst thing if you launch hard enough right? I'm happy to know why salamander isn't good stock.. it's just the only one I've thought looked cool so far :p

hS isn't bad, but you'd need to get a lot more combos to make it the best combo possible. But like Ardmore said, aH.10C.A' is a WBBA store exclusive and comes with really good parts. It's a good foundation for a competitive collection
Okay so ah.10c.a is a part of the jargon I meant in my original post, I literally have no clue what that meant
I don’t mind purchasing extras to make a bey better but is it gonna be what’s considered meta or at least actually good?

Also I see they released burst versions of some original beys dragoon, draciel, dranzer amd driger... for a original series fan these obviously appeal to me to be the bey to play however my instincts are that the beys are just not good and are outclassed by other current beys
Am I correct in thinking this or are these original beys remade into burst actually good and usuable in the meta
my advice is not to worry about meta for now

who knows if you even want to play competitively or even have tournaments nearby

the first step is the read the wiki supported by this forum

you need to understand the generations (we are currently in cho-z) and also learn about the principles behind the four types of beys (attack, stamina, etc).

second step is to just buy what you think looks interesting

after that then *maybe* start thinking about the meta game and building competitive combos

the best place for that info is always the most recent posts in the winning combos thread of beyblade general board
(Dec. 29, 2018  11:29 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: my advice is not to worry about meta for now

who knows if you even want to play competitively

you need to understand the generations and also lean about the principles behind the four types of beys (attack, stamina, etc).

after that then *maybe* start thinking about the meta game and building competitive combos

the best place for that is always the most recent posts in the winning combos thread of beyblade general

Thanks for your response however in my past hobbies ive done just that, gone on a whim of what looked good etc and then boom turns out competitively i have next to nothing meaning all that money was essentially wasted, I cant spend cash on beys that will next to guaranteed lose to what other players would use, that would be 1. Not fun 2. Not worth the cash i spent 
Although your advice would suit say someone who is a group just looking to have fun, I however have no friends who’d be interested in playing beyblades especially past original series.. instead I’d be looking to find like minded people on here that would be battling hopefully relatively local.. which would be my next point of call once I learn more about the game 
I know some stuff about the attack, balance and defence of course.. high movement aim to hit hard etc spins relatively short, defence would generally stay stationary in centre of stadium able to take hits, stamina is aimed to outspin others and using dodging techniques to not be hit etc,  balance is just that a balanced blade of the other types a jack of all trades master of none 
Like i said i dont know much but I’m looking to learn!!
Hey I suggest looking at the Beyblade Wiki when it comes to learning parts as others has said. But when it comes to beys here’s what I suggest

-Archer Hercules (Amazing stock combo, also dominating the Meta game at the moment)

-Hell Salamander (good for combinations)

- Cho Z Triple Booster Set ( The beys in the set have really good parts which are used in many of the beyblade combinations that do very well in the Meta game at the moment

- Cho Z Valkyrie (The best attack type at the moment, also very good for attack combinations)
(Dec. 29, 2018  10:03 PM)Tearsofcyanide Wrote: Okay so I am interested in getting into beyblade however I'm not sure what's what.. my thoughts were to check the forums for what Beys are good but it's full of jargon and I am still unsure what I'm looking for.. anywhere I can learn what each of the words are meaning? Like heavy etc, I'm certain they are all names for parts but I have no idea how to learn about individual pieces and how to know what it is when people are discussing them and wwhy are they good/bad .. also what pieces come with what beys

Beyblade Burst is the third (official) series of Beyblades. They are named for their unique ability to burst, where they can fall apart during battle. Each one is made up of an Energy Layer (The top part of the bey. This is the part that comes into contact with another Beyblade.), a Forge Disc (The middle part that is made of metal. It gives a Beyblade a majority of its weight.), and a Performance Tip (The bottom part of a bey. It is what causes it to move and changes its stamina.). Every Beyblade has a type: Attack (Pretty self-explanatory, it uses attacks to beat an opponent. It loses to defense and defeats stamina.), Defense (Also pretty self-explanatory, it defends attacks. It loses to stamina types and defeats attack types), Stamina (Stamina types typically have high stamina, which means they can spin for a long time. They usually lose to attack types and defeat defense types.), and Balance (My personal favorite, balance types are jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none. They have some skill in each area, so they have less skill at attacking than attack types but they have more stamina and defense than attack types, and etc.). In order to read a beyblades name, it starts with the name of the Layer, then the disc, then the frame if it has one, and then the performance tip. For example Valtryek V2 Vertical Accel would have the Valtryek V2 Layer, the Vertical Disc, and the Accel driver.

There have been four different systems of Beyblade Burst: the Single Layer System (which was the weakest of all four systems, but also the first), the Dual Layer System (a direct continuation of the Single Layer System with a slight difference in layer design), the God Layer System (Hasbro calls it Switchstrike. God Beyblades all have unique gimmicks. For example, God Valkyrie features three spring-loaded wings for a “Bound Attack”. Also, they replaced Forge Discs with Core Discs that can attach new frames) and the Chouzetsu or Super Z or Cho-Z Layer System (Hasbro calls them the Slingshock beyblades. They all have metal on the layer and are all much stronger than any of the previous systems.).

At this point, you pretty much only want a Cho-Z bey. Hasbro screwed up and removed the metal, so you probably don’t want Hasbro. Hell Salamander has a very strong layer but it’s Disc is extremely light and it’s Tip has very poor stamina and balance, so if you buy it you’ll need other beyblades.

What to buy for someone who likes Attack types (Click to View)

What to buy for a Defense-type lover (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Stamina Person (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Balance Type Lover (Click to View)

I hope you managed to read through and understand all that. If so, I hope I helped
Hey Tears! I'm really new here too, but over the past couple days I have been reading the beyblade wiki that RedPanda mentioned and it really has helped me learn a lot of the lingo and the like.

What I have been doing is just looking up all the info about the Burst stuff like Layers, Forge Disks, and Drivers. Reading info on those things has really helped me out.
(Dec. 29, 2018  11:59 PM)Fyrepaw Wrote: Hey Tears! I'm really new here too, but over the past couple days I have been reading the beyblade wiki that RedPanda mentioned and it really has helped me learn a lot of the lingo and the like.

What I have been doing is just looking up all the info about the Burst stuff like Layers, Forge Disks, and Drivers. Reading info on those things has really helped me out.

Right above your post I made a little guide
(Dec. 29, 2018  11:54 PM)Bladerbill Wrote: Hey I suggest looking at the Beyblade Wiki when it comes to learning parts as others has said. But when it comes to beys here’s what I suggest

-Archer Hercules (Amazing stock combo, also dominating the Meta game at the moment)

- Cho Z Triple Booster Set ( The beys in the set have really good parts which are used in many of the beyblade combinations that do very well in the Meta game at the moment

- Cho Z Valkyrie (The best attack type at the moment, also very good for attack combinations)

What part of hell salamander is good, guy above stated stock bey is bad?
Other beys i like the look of would be balkesh b3 wild wyvern vo, lost longinus ,arc bahamut, alter chronos 6 meteor (i got the names off of google as i was looking for ones that look appealing as i’d Preferably want to use a bey that i like the look of as well as good performance wise)
(Dec. 30, 2018  12:02 AM)Tearsofcyanide Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2018  11:54 PM)Bladerbill Wrote: Hey I suggest looking at the Beyblade Wiki when it comes to learning parts as others has said. But when it comes to beys here’s what I suggest

What part of hell salamander is good, guy above stated stock bey is bad?
Other beys i like the look of would be balkesh b3 wild wyvern vo, lost longinus ,arc bahamut, alter chronos 6 meteor (i got the names off of google as i was looking for ones that look appealing as i’d Preferably want to use a bey that i like the look of as well as good performance wise)

The layer of Hell Salamander is the only good part of the bey, the forge disk and the driver are not very good. Hope this helps!
(Dec. 29, 2018  11:57 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:

Beyblade Burst is the third (official) series of Beyblades. They are named for their unique ability to burst, where they can fall apart during battle. Each one is made up of an Energy Layer (The top part of the bey. This is the part that comes into contact with another Beyblade.), a Forge Disc (The middle part that is made of metal. It gives a Beyblade a majority of its weight.), and a Performance Tip (The bottom part of a bey. It is what causes it to move and changes its stamina.). Every Beyblade has a type: Attack (Pretty self-explanatory, it uses attacks to beat an opponent. It loses to defense and defeats stamina.), Defense (Also pretty self-explanatory, it defends attacks. It loses to stamina types and defeats attack types), Stamina (Stamina types typically have high stamina, which means they can spin for a long time. They usually lose to attack types and defeat defense types.), and Balance (My personal favorite, balance types are jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none. They have some skill in each area, so they have less skill at attacking than attack types but they have more stamina and defense than attack types, and etc.). In order to read a beyblades name, it starts with the name of the Layer, then the disc, then the frame if it has one, and then the performance tip. For example Valtryek V2 Vertical Accel would have the Valtryek V2 Layer, the Vertical Disc, and the Accel driver.

There have been four different systems of Beyblade Burst: the Single Layer System (which was the weakest of all four systems, but also the first), the Dual Layer System (a direct continuation of the Single Layer System with a slight difference in layer design), the God Layer System (Hasbro calls it Switchstrike. God Beyblades all have unique gimmicks. For example, God Valkyrie features three spring-loaded wings for a “Bound Attack”. Also, they replaced Forge Discs with Core Discs that can attach new frames) and the Chouzetsu or Super Z or Cho-Z Layer System (Hasbro calls them the Slingshock beyblades. They all have metal on the layer and are all much stronger than any of the previous systems.).

At this point, you pretty much only want a Cho-Z bey. Hasbro screwed up and removed the metal, so you probably don’t want Hasbro. Hell Salamander has a very strong layer but it’s Disc is extremely light and it’s Tip has very poor stamina and balance, so if you buy it you’ll need other beyblades.

I hope you managed to read through and understand all that. If so, I hope I helped

Mate this was exactly what i needed!! I believe i can understand and figure out what other posts are saying now.. you mention you get X from this pack and Y from this pack, how can i find which packs include what parts? Are they all listed on a database like on the wiki for example does it breakdown the contents of the boxes etc?
But seriously thank you for this response and the suggestions for each type is so beneficial and will look into them now as I wouldn’t mind having one of each type.. 
one thing you didn’t mention is what frames are?
Also is the no to hasbro like more for preference or does the added metal/weight make a huge performance difference?
(Dec. 30, 2018  12:14 AM)Tearsofcyanide Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2018  11:57 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: Beyblade Burst is the third (official) series of Beyblades. They are named for their unique ability to burst, where they can fall apart during battle. Each one is made up of an Energy Layer (The top part of the bey. This is the part that comes into contact with another Beyblade.), a Forge Disc (The middle part that is made of metal. It gives a Beyblade a majority of its weight.), and a Performance Tip (The bottom part of a bey. It is what causes it to move and changes its stamina.). Every Beyblade has a type: Attack (Pretty self-explanatory, it uses attacks to beat an opponent. It loses to defense and defeats stamina.), Defense (Also pretty self-explanatory, it defends attacks. It loses to stamina types and defeats attack types), Stamina (Stamina types typically have high stamina, which means they can spin for a long time. They usually lose to attack types and defeat defense types.), and Balance (My personal favorite, balance types are jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none. They have some skill in each area, so they have less skill at attacking than attack types but they have more stamina and defense than attack types, and etc.). In order to read a beyblades name, it starts with the name of the Layer, then the disc, then the frame if it has one, and then the performance tip. For example Valtryek V2 Vertical Accel would have the Valtryek V2 Layer, the Vertical Disc, and the Accel driver.

Mate this was exactly what i needed!! I believe i can understand and figure out what other posts are saying now.. you mention you get X from this pack and Y from this pack, how can i find which packs include what parts? Are they all listed on a database like on the wiki for example does it breakdown the contents of the boxes etc?
But seriously thank you for this response and the suggestions for each type is so beneficial and will look into them now as I wouldn’t mind having one of each type.. 
Also is the no to hasbro like more for preference or does the added metal/weight make a huge performance difference?

The Wiki was helpful for finding what each part was released in and what was in each pack. Also, the weight difference does change performance a lot
(Dec. 30, 2018  12:47 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2018  12:14 AM)Tearsofcyanide Wrote: Mate this was exactly what i needed!! I believe i can understand and figure out what other posts are saying now.. you mention you get X from this pack and Y from this pack, how can i find which packs include what parts? Are they all listed on a database like on the wiki for example does it breakdown the contents of the boxes etc?

The Wiki was helpful for finding what each part was released in and what was in each pack. Also, the weight difference does change performance a lot

Cheers ill check the wiki for parts, since metal is important then ill stick to Takara tomy but i was looking up prices and thats quite pricey for the cho z customise set ill look at the rest ofc.. I’m from UK is there any specific places to get TT products at reasonable prices/guaranteed official products
(Dec. 29, 2018  11:42 PM)Tearsofcyanide Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2018  11:29 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: my advice is not to worry about meta for now

who knows if you even want to play competitively

you need to understand the generations and also lean about the principles behind the four types of beys (attack, stamina, etc).

the best place for that is always the most recent posts in the winning combos thread of beyblade general

Thanks for your response however in my past hobbies ive done just that, gone on a whim of what looked good etc and then boom turns out competitively i have next to nothing meaning all that money was essentially wasted, I cant spend cash on beys that will next to guaranteed lose to what other players would use, that would be 1. Not fun 2. Not worth the cash i spent 
Although your advice would suit say someone who is a group just looking to have fun, I however have no friends who’d be interested in playing beyblades especially past original series.. instead I’d be looking to find like minded people on here that would be battling hopefully relatively local.. which would be my next point of call once I learn more about the game 
I know some stuff about the attack, balance and defence of course.. high movement aim to hit hard etc spins relatively short, defence would generally stay stationary in centre of stadium able to take hits, stamina is aimed to outspin others and using dodging techniques to not be hit etc,  balance is just that a balanced blade of the other types a jack of all trades master of none 
Like i said i dont know much but I’m looking to learn!!

well like i said,
look at the recent posts in the winning combos thread.  those are the only combos that matter in the competitive game.  that info is straight from people who actually win.
What do I do if I have friends interested in Beyblade but they don't have an account and im not sure I can help them

How do I learn the exact name of bey parts if not posted on package
I was exactly where you are less than a week ago. As others have stated, read up over at the wiki to learn terms, abbreviations, and system parts. What I did was think of an ideal movement for my bey, and proceeded to find the best driver that fit that idea based on the info provided at the bottom of the article where it talks about whether something is outclassed or not. I then found the beys that it came with , and looked at all the parts that that each of those beys had, again following each of those branches to read about which beys came with each individual piecce. Once I explored all the parts of those beys, a pretty clear picture emerged about what definitely was not competitive (waste of money) and what would be a good investment. Because momentum is a huge part of this game, I sorted through the list I had compiled and pushed the heaviest/highest stamina pieces to the top. My result was Hell Salamander with a 0 or 7 disc, a bump frame, and either atomic or bearing driver. Unsure of my process, I popped over here for guidance, turns out hS.7.B.Br is pretty solid, and a number of people are competitive with that setup or slight derivations . Maybe that process will work for you too?
k thank you
(Dec. 30, 2018  1:19 PM)zowen88 Wrote: I was exactly where you are less than a week ago. As others have stated, read up over at the wiki to learn terms, abbreviations, and system parts. What I did was think of an ideal movement for my bey, and proceeded to find the best driver that fit that idea based on the info provided at the bottom of the article where it talks about whether something is outclassed or not. I then found the beys that it came with , and looked at all the parts that that each of those beys had, again following each of those branches to read about which beys came with each individual piecce. Once I explored all the parts of those beys, a pretty clear picture emerged about what definitely was not competitive (waste of money) and what would be a good investment. Because momentum is a huge part of this game, I sorted through the list I had compiled and pushed the heaviest/highest stamina pieces to the top. My result was Hell Salamander with a 0 or 7 disc, a bump frame, and either atomic or bearing driver.   Unsure of my process, I popped over here for guidance, turns out hS.7.B.Br is pretty solid, and a number of people are competitive with that setup or slight derivations . Maybe that process will work for you too?

That's definitely what I'll do thanks, good to know I'm not the only one ha... checked up prices for all the products a guy suggested and it comes to a high price imo.. my question is how long will my beys be relevant? Like I heard I should only get cho z beys as it outclasses the previous ones so is it just gonna be until the new set comes out?
just found out that it is posted on the back of the package