[Unanswered]  Korean beycodes not working with jp wbba app

I ordered a bunch of stuff and didn't realize that it was from Takara Tomy Korea. And now, I just cant get the JP wbba app to recognize them. Is there a workaround to it or are they completely useless?

Also, the Korean BB-88 LR launcher is weird. The spring is considerably weaker than the JP version and 80% of the time, it doesn't wind up completely. This makes me worried. Is there a considerable difference in quality b/w JP TT and Korean TT?
The quality is different. Also, Takara Tomy partnered with another company for translation and localization purposes to release Beys in Korea, so i'm pretty sure they don't work with the Japanese app
(Aug. 10, 2018  11:20 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The quality is different. Also, Takara Tomy partnered with another company for translation and localization purposes to release Beys in Korea, so i'm pretty sure they don't work with the Japanese app
Thats unfortunate. So, I cannot claim these bey points at all? Is the bey quality inferior as well? Weaker teeth or something? I will have to take a mental note to not buy anything from Korean TT.
At least your Circumstances are not as bad as that of India

Just REALISED you are from INDIA  Dumb Rimshot Dumb Rimshot
(Aug. 11, 2018  5:14 PM)addyaustin Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2018  11:20 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The quality is different. Also, Takara Tomy partnered with another company for translation and localization purposes to release Beys in Korea, so i'm pretty sure they don't work with the Japanese app
Thats unfortunate. So, I cannot claim these bey points at all? Is the bey quality inferior as well? Weaker teeth or something? I will have to take a mental note to not buy anything from Korean TT.

Well, the quality MIGHT be different. if it says "MADE IN VIETNAM" then it's fine
(Aug. 11, 2018  5:17 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: At least your Circumstances  are not as bad as that of India

Just REALISED you are from INDIA  :dumbrim: :dumbrim:

Yup. I am.

(Aug. 11, 2018  7:02 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Well, the quality MIGHT be different. if it says "MADE IN VIETNAM" then it's fine

It does say that. But the B-88 was absolute garbage. It skips gears if I try and do a hard launch, doesn't wind up properly and it gets stuck all the time. This was fresh out of the package too. So, I don't know it just made me skeptical. I thought if anyone else had a run-in with any of the Korean TT products, they might be able to confirm or deny my suspicions.
As far as I'm aware, Takara-Tomy sends the same things to South Korea, which get branded and whatnot by Young Toys. YT provides some sort of different kind of code for Korean bladers, if there's any at all. So no, it's not going to work for you. Nothing you can do.

The B-88 is the first thing I've heard of there being a difference of quality at all. Only thing I've heard up to this point was not having the things used by the BeyLogger at all, besides changing of the writing.

Might've just made a bad batch and South Korea mostly got it. If there are other tell-tale signs, like mold numbers and whatnot, that would be good info to know. Never know if any were sent to Japan.
(Aug. 13, 2018  12:02 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: As far as I'm aware, Takara-Tomy sends the same things to South Korea, which get branded and whatnot by Young Toys. YT provides some sort of different kind of code for Korean bladers, if there's any at all. So no, it's not going to work for you. Nothing you can do.

The B-88 is the first thing I've heard of there being a difference of quality at all. Only thing I've heard up to this point was not having the things used by the BeyLogger at all, besides changing of the writing.

Might've just made a bad batch and South Korea mostly got it. If there are other tell-tale signs, like mold numbers and whatnot, that would be good info to know. Never know if any were sent to Japan.

Ill try to figure something out. I wont open the launcher (yet) but ill try to pin point something which can help others identify.

And by open i mean disassemble.
(Aug. 13, 2018  6:41 PM)addyaustin Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2018  12:02 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: As far as I'm aware, Takara-Tomy sends the same things to South Korea, which get branded and whatnot by Young Toys. YT provides some sort of different kind of code for Korean bladers, if there's any at all. So no, it's not going to work for you. Nothing you can do.

Ill try to figure something out. I wont open the launcher (yet) but ill try to pin point something which can help others identify.

And by open i mean disassemble.

There are a couple of threads you should search where the B-88 skipping has been discussed.  I own 2 Korean ones too, the first one got jammed after a few launches but was OK afterwards, but started to skip after 2-3 weeks, the 2nd seemed weaker than the first but improved after 1 week.  Some ppl say the Korean one skips more, other say no difference.  I would bet if u use heavy beyblades eventually all B-88s will start to skip.  I posted a way to stop the skipping jamming paper inside the prong mechanism which is illegal for tournaments but will allow u to hard launch heavy beys with no further skipping.  Search for the threads or under my name, cheers
(Aug. 14, 2018  10:45 AM)TCBlading Wrote: Some ppl say the Korean one skips more, other say no difference.

This makes me want more data on the situation, for sure. Might just be a bad batch that seems to be better noticed from South Korean releases, or it could be just the issue these launchers tend to have in general, having multiple places/ways to fail at.

Comparing innards to see if there is an actual difference would be the thing to do.

I've split off a thread for discussing the B-88 issues: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Possibl...auncher-LR
(Jul. 14, 2019  9:30 AM)savernotsogamer Wrote: Is there  a wbba app for korea?

Make a korean account here: beybladeburst.co.kr

Download the apk internationally from here: https://m.apkpure.com/%EB%B2%A0%EC%9D%B4...bladeburst

Take screenshots and use the google translate app to help navigate. For further help, just ask Smile