[Unanswered]  Drift tip banned?

Hi all I recently started gaining interest in beyblade due to an event at a fighting game tournament in september. And on the website rules they state "The Drift Performance Tip (Dr), and all its variants are prohibited from tournament play. (This includes MDr, Dr-Sp/TSP22, etc.)." Is there any reason for this or is it just based on the people running the event. Thanks in advance!
As of now to my knowledge Drift is not banned in any official WBO Burst formats.

If it is banned someplace else it must be because of Drift's high LAD properties that allows it to out-equalize many things. If you don't mind can you link this?
(Aug. 29, 2022  2:25 AM)Cindercast Wrote: As of now to my knowledge Drift is not banned in any official WBO Burst formats.

If it is banned someplace else it must be because of Drift's high LAD properties that allows it to out-equalize many things. If you don't mind can you link this?

https://ceogaming.org/ceotaku/gamerules/#Beyblade ive been looking up banned parts and trying to learn more about the game and i dont know where to start
(Aug. 29, 2022  2:21 AM)bearyugioh Wrote: Hi all I recently started gaining interest in beyblade due to an event at a fighting game tournament in september. And on the website rules they state "The Drift Performance Tip (Dr), and all its variants are prohibited from tournament play. (This includes MDr, Dr-Sp/TSP22, etc.)." Is there any reason for this or is it just based on the people running the event. Thanks in advance!

This is their own decisionmaking by the event runners. Drift is not banned in the WBO, nor the official Wbba. tournaments. The organizers are a bit misinformed - Drift was the most used part a year ago, but the same cannot be said for Drift-SP lol.
(Aug. 29, 2022  2:36 AM)KIO Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2022  2:21 AM)bearyugioh Wrote: Hi all I recently started gaining interest in beyblade due to an event at a fighting game tournament in september. And on the website rules they state "The Drift Performance Tip (Dr), and all its variants are prohibited from tournament play. (This includes MDr, Dr-Sp/TSP22, etc.)." Is there any reason for this or is it just based on the people running the event. Thanks in advance!

This is their own decisionmaking by the event runners. Drift is not banned in the WBO, nor the official Wbba. tournaments. The organizers are a bit misinformed - Drift was the most used part a year ago, but the same cannot be said for Drift-SP lol.

so what would be a good alternative instead of drift? ive been looking at roar bahamut or greatest raphael as my first beys and i didnt know if drift was needed for those
(Aug. 29, 2022  2:33 AM)bearyugioh Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2022  2:25 AM)Cindercast Wrote: As of now to my knowledge Drift is not banned in any official WBO Burst formats.

https://ceogaming.org/ceotaku/gamerules/#Beyblade ive been looking up banned parts and trying to learn more about the game and i dont know where to start

It would depend on where you plan on attending tournaments for. For competitive stuff you're welcome to look around here for combos and discussions. Read up on the banlist and rules and learn the parts to get a general idea of the game. Watching videos can help as well.
(Aug. 29, 2022  2:36 AM)KIO Wrote:

Hey!

Just wanted to add context here.

They just banned Drift. There were no requirements to adhere to WBO or WBBA conventions.

This tournament is even using the Hasbro Pro Series stadium to increase accessibility for the attendees who mostly would not say Beyblade is their main game.

While the earlier part of your statement is correct, to assume that the organizers of this particular tournament are misinformed is not fair. There were many factors considered, from total tournament run time, accounting for the general attendee demographic, requests from the event owners and other things.
drift has the awful same spin I don't see a reason for it to be banned in any way shape or form
(Sep. 23, 2022  7:01 PM)joyos Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2022  2:36 AM)KIO Wrote: This is their own decisionmaking by the event runners. Drift is not banned in the WBO, nor the official Wbba. tournaments. The organizers are a bit misinformed - Drift was the most used part a year ago, but the same cannot be said for Drift-SP lol.

Hey!

Just wanted to add context here.

They just banned Drift. There were no requirements to adhere to WBO or WBBA conventions.

This tournament is even using the Hasbro Pro Series stadium to increase accessibility for the attendees who mostly would not say Beyblade is their main game.

While the earlier part of your statement is correct, to assume that the organizers of this particular tournament are misinformed is not fair. There were many factors considered, from total tournament run time, accounting for the general attendee demographic, requests from the event owners and other things.

Late reply, but I am not calling all of those things into question when I say "misinformed" - I'm speaking solely about the Drift-SP ban, not anything else about this event.