[Unanswered]  Difference between Takara Tomy and Sonokong?

Aside from the obvious, like the box. I was wondering if there are any noticeable differences in the beyblade? I have 2 Sonokong beyblades. The rest of my collection are from TT. My Xeno Xcalibur and Lost Longinus are both Sonokong releases. I can attach a comparison between the red sword launcher that came with my Xeno Xcalibur, and the blue sword launcher from TT. I can also post pictures of the beyblades if that helps. I would love to find out what the difference is. Thanks!
The only difference that I know of is that Korean Beyblades lack the rfid chip to scan them into the arcade game
Mold Difference in the Launchers, even the The Indian Ones, are worst compared to Japanese release.
Else everything same
(Aug. 24, 2018  5:18 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Mold Difference in the Launchers, even the The Indian Ones, are worst compared to Japanese release.
Else everything same

Im sorry, i didnt understand wat u meant. Can you explain?
I'm not sure if this is just me, but one of the things I noticed was the sticker sheet seemed to be of different quality that what I was used to with TT. I think some were slightly miscut. As for the actual beyblade,  the Sonokong release seems to be virtually identical. Both have the "copyright TOMY" and "made in Vietnam"
(Aug. 24, 2018  5:59 PM)RainbowGeist Wrote: I'm not sure if this is just me, but one of the things I noticed was the sticker sheet seemed to be of different quality that what I was used to with TT. I think some were slightly miscut. As for the actual beyblade,  the Sonokong release seems to be virtually identical. Both have the "copyright TOMY" and "made in Vietnam"

I've had some TT sticker sheets that were "slightly miscut" before, so it's not unique to Sonokong. Heck, when I got Shelter Regulus from RBV8, the sticker sheet looked like it had been cut twice, once in the intended position and once slightly sideways. Not a single sticker was usable on the whole sheet due to the overlapping cut lines.

I kind of got lucky that Shelter Regulus looks pretty good even without stickers.
I just got the god customize set (Sonokong release) and so far everything seems exactly the same. Unfortunately I don't have the Takara Tomy to compare to, but from all the videos I've seen it's pretty identical! I'll post more if i notice and differences during testing, but so far it's the same product, just with different packaging.
Wait wait, they're made by Sonokong? Are you sure?

I haven't heard of Burst beys being made by Sonokong, but rather, South Korea gets beys made by Takara-Tomy and distributed by Young Toys (which has a green elephant logo). Young Toys handles the language changes (stickers, box, etc.), and then there's no codes for the Japanese WBO app or the chip MonoDragon mentioned.

Maybe you could share a photo of a box?

Also, moved this thread to Q&A, which should help better get input on questions. Please mark the thread as "Answered" once you're satisfied with your answer.
(Aug. 24, 2018  5:38 PM)Mohith0412 Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2018  5:18 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Mold Difference in the Launchers, even the The Indian Ones, are worst compared to Japanese release.
Else everything same

Im sorry, i didnt understand wat u meant. Can you explain?

Ever broke a sword launcher?
Yes ...
Yay! These used to be the best in Japan, and what we get is Trash, I compared it to japanese version then I found it
(Aug. 25, 2018  3:40 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Wait wait, they're made by Sonokong? Are you sure?

I haven't heard of Burst beys being made by Sonokong, but rather, South Korea gets beys made by Takara-Tomy and distributed by Young Toys (which has a green elephant logo). Young Toys handles the language changes (stickers, box, etc.), and then there's no codes for  the Japanese WBO app or the chip MonoDragon mentioned.

Maybe you could share a photo of a box?

Also, moved this thread to Q&A, which should help better get input on questions. Please mark the thread as "Answered" once you're satisfied with your answer.

Yes, of course I can provide pictures. However, I have no idea of how to post them from the photo gallery on my phone. When I try to attach a picture, it asks for the url, but the pictures are just on my phone. How do I post these on WBO?
(Aug. 25, 2018  4:25 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2018  5:38 PM)Mohith0412 Wrote: Im sorry, i didnt understand wat u meant. Can you explain?

Ever broke a sword launcher?
Yes ...
Yay! These used to be the best in Japan, and what we get is Trash, I compared it to japanese version then I found it

Ok. Got your point. Mu friend sword launcher broke in 3 weeks. Wat was even more sad was that it stopped working on the day i got a proper burst stadium.
(Aug. 25, 2018  4:40 AM)RainbowGeist Wrote: Yes, of course I can provide pictures. However, I have no idea of how to post them from the photo gallery on my phone. When I try to attach a picture, it asks for the url, but the pictures are just on my phone. How do I post these on WBO?

Upload them to an image hosting service like Imgur. Then, you can link to the page the image(s) are stored (just throw in the link directly), or instead get their direct image URL and use that with the attach a picture button.

I hope that is clear. Let me know if I can help somehow further.
Ok thanks! I'll try that tomorrow! I'm very tired and I have to sleep now though. See you in the morning when I attempt to upload the pictures!
i THINK tt Doesn't wants other country except japan to have good launchers.
(Aug. 25, 2018  6:07 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: i THINK tt Doesn't wants other country except japan to have good launchers.

That doesn't make sense. From what we've seen in this thread on possibly defective Korean B-88s, even Japan is having a bad launcher issue right now. marutti confirms it, and I'm asking him for further details.

There might've been a period where all launchers created between X and Y date were not properly made, and that many of these have gone to countries outside of Japan because they got them within that period.

Hoping we can get more input and evidence to clarify the situation.
Looking forward to the photos. Smile Because really, can't seem to find anything about Sonokong making Burst anywhere at all. Just the previous generations. Tried double-checking on Youtube and different search engines, and I get nothing for Burst.

Definitely keep an eye on that other thread I linked if you're interested in the launcher situation. Can't say any information is definite at this point in time, but we'll figure it out as best as we can.
(Aug. 25, 2018  10:57 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Looking forward to the photos. :) Because really, can't seem to find anything about Sonokong making Burst anywhere at all. Just the previous generations. Tried double-checking on Youtube and different search engines, and I get nothing for Burst.

Definitely keep an eye on that other thread I linked if you're interested in the launcher situation. Can't say any information is definite at this point in time, but we'll figure it out as best as we can.

Here it is: https://imgur.com/a/NSNH5Qo
Those are some pictures I got of the box and the logos! And here is the contents of the box: https://imgur.com/a/sb1C0DN
The beyblades are in perfect condition, and so was the sticker sheet, perfectly cut! Also that atomic, is absolutely the smoothest rolling one I've ever seen! Great quality!
(Aug. 25, 2018  11:49 PM)RainbowGeist Wrote: Here it is: https://imgur.com/a/NSNH5Qo
Those are some pictures I got of the box and the logos!

Great! Yep, that's Young Toys, not Sonokong. Young Toy's logo is clear with the green elephant.

The items are made by Takara-Tomy, but everything's been localized by Young Toys (stickers, box, etc.) and Japan-only features not included (RFID chip, etc.) to be fitting for South Korean buyers.
(Aug. 25, 2018  11:56 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2018  11:49 PM)RainbowGeist Wrote: Here it is: https://imgur.com/a/NSNH5Qo
Those are some pictures I got of the box and the logos!

Great! Yep, that's Young Toys, not Sonokong. Young Toy's logo is clear with the green elephant.

The items are made by Takara-Tomy, but everything's been localized by Young Toys (stickers, box, etc.) and Japan-only features not included (RFID chip, etc.) to be fitting for South Korean buyers.

Ooohh! That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know!

And here is the contents of the box: https://imgur.com/a/sb1C0DN The beyblades are in perfect condition, and so was the sticker sheet, perfectly cut! Also that atomic, is absolutely the smoothest rolling one I've ever seen! Great quality!

Added pictures of the beyblades

(Aug. 24, 2018  5:15 PM)RainbowGeist Wrote: Aside from the obvious, like the box. I was wondering if there are any noticeable differences in the beyblade? I have 2 Sonokong beyblades. The rest of my collection are from TT. My Xeno Xcalibur and Lost Longinus are both Sonokong releases. I can attach a comparison between the red sword launcher that came with my Xeno Xcalibur, and the blue sword launcher from TT. I can also post pictures of the beyblades if that helps. I would love to find out what the difference is. Thanks!

Check this out: https://imgur.com/a/oZpxJhb
These are two other Korean beyblades I have. If you look closely, you might notice the clear, dark blue reinforcement on the "sword handle" of Xeno Xcalibur. This isn't presnt in the mold for the Japanese release! And I know that because I specifically remember people complaining about that part breaking when X2 was first released.

Also, remember how the blue sword launcher release had with a small protrusion from the handle to keep for fingers away from the beyblade? This protrusion was not present in the previously released, red sword launcher that came with Xeno Xcalibur. However, in the Korean release for X2 that is not the case! Take a look: https://imgur.com/a/5yP8yty
The red sword launcher appears to be using the exact same (newer) mold from the blue one! The third launcher showcased in these pictures is from the Korean release of Lost Longinus. And the launcher grip is also Young Toys.
I just recently purchased the Revive Phoenix from SK and TT (and the Hasbro SS Revive Phoenix) to compare. Right off the bat, the Takara Tomy Revive Phoenix seems to be built more solid. The energy layer is heavier. The armor is heavier. The performance tip ,although it looks the same is different as well. There's more tension in the spring and the SK's use a Phillips head screws to enclose the springs in the performance tips. Last but not least. Printed on the box, the SK revive Phoenix was made in China, whereas the TT and Hasbro for that matter, is made in Vietnam. I'll see about posting some pictures later on when I get home so you can see what I mean about the performance tips