[Unanswered]  Delete

I think the TT Beys are overall better than the Hasbro Beys due to not wearing down as much, but Hasbro is cheaper for Americans. Choose whichever brand, but TT is probably a bit better if you don't care about prices being elevated due to shipping cost and initial rarity. A few tips: Hasbro's Fafnir F3 (normal colors) is actualy really rare. If you have a chance to get it, I'd advise you to do so and wait for a month or two without opening it or damaging the packaging too much, so you can sell it at a good price. The other thing is that L3 is Nightmare Luinor (a Wave 4 Bey) but I'm guessing that you're talking about Legend Spryzen S3, since it's in Wave two.

hasbro beys are actual cheap knock offs

worse still than hasbro beys,
are hasbro launchers...

worse still than hasbro launchers
are hasbro stadiums...

—-

the only thing bad about TT beys are the costs (2-3x) and patience required for shipping  

TT designed a complex and balanced game, then they design beys to fit within that game

anything that deviates from TT’s design is suboptimal

the trend for hasbro beyblade burst adaptations has been bad, further this slingshock nonsense is some sorry attempt at turning beyblade into glorified hot wheels “action sets”, rather than a strategic game for everyone.
(Oct. 10, 2018  2:56 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: hasbro beys are actual cheap knock offs

are hasbro launchers...

are hasbro stadiums...

—-

the only thing bad about TT beys are the costs (2-3x) and patience required for shipping  

TT designed a complex and balanced game, then they design beys to fit within that game

the trend for hasbro beyblade burst adaptations  has been bad, further this slingshock nonsense is some sorry attempt at turning beyblade into glorified hot wheels “action sets”, rather than a strategic game for everyone.
Haha I personally would not go with Hasbro either...unless your a collecter...But you want anime accurate beys so why get Hasbro?
@[RedPanda2] has the right idea. Just get TT
(Oct. 10, 2018  2:56 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: hasbro beys are actual cheap knock offs

are hasbro launchers...

are hasbro stadiums...

—-

the trend for hasbro beyblade burst adaptations  has been bad, further this slingshock nonsense is some sorry attempt at turning beyblade into glorified hot wheels “action sets”, rather than a strategic game for everyone.

That's an interesting way of saying 'beyblades are fun'

I like it
Hi neoshai, the usual TT vs. Hasbro debate aside.....going by what you said, I think you should get TT. It sounds like that's what you really want.

You seem to really not want to wait, and if that's the case, get TT. If you didn't care about waiting, then the choice is less important (unless you intend to be involved in standard format Burst tournaments, then TT has the advantage for sure due to having the latest).

Even if you did get Hasbro, I would still recommend getting TT launchers and Standard Type stadium.
(Oct. 10, 2018  7:42 AM)neoshai Wrote:

are hasbro launchers...

are hasbro stadiums...

—-

the trend for hasbro beyblade burst adaptations has been bad, further this slingshock nonsense is some sorry attempt at turning beyblade into glorified hot wheels “action sets”, rather than a strategic game for everyone.

This post wasn't about Hasbro vs TT. Both have their positives and both have their negatives. While it's true that TT in general has more positives over Hasbro, the fact that it's "harder" to get can overflow all positives it has.

And even tho I had no intention to put this out, playing-wise hasbro is above TT. Slopes are a better locking mechanism and won't get damaged over time due to use. TT on the other hands, using teeth, can get wear over time and make them, when damaged, unusable.

Well, my post is about “hasbro vs. TT”, and like all posts in all threads, it’s intended for everyone who might open the thread based on being interested in the thread title (which does indicate “hasbro vs. TT”, fwiw) rather than just the original poster.

there are a few things wrong in your post above

1) hasbro beys can be just as hard to get as TT beys.  if current trends hold, hasbro does not produce enough beyblades to meet supply.  yes there are plenty of single layer dual packs laying disorganized on the shelf at target to be fished through, but the odds are the hasbro beys you actually want will be sold out everywhere for weeks or months.  this is why “beyhunting” youtube videos exist, there is great uncertainty as far as what will actually be on the shelf (at least in the US), if anything.  

further, i fail to understand your logic about TT bey accessibility “overflowing” any positives TT offers.  we are talking about TT beys that are released 6 months before hasbro has even mentioned them.  paying $25 and waiting 10 days for a TT bey is not a comparable experience to waiting 6 months for hasbro to potentially release an altered low end version of that same bey.  

2) the slopes vs teeth comments you made are totally false.  slopes wear down, if you doubt that, you need to spend more time with them.  teeth do wear down as well.  but for both scenarios, the amount of wear is negligible.  yes there are folks on this board who choose to burn up their beys and launchers conducting tests for the benefit of others, yes these folks have wear issues for both brands.  but for the regular player, and certainly for the more advanced collector: the more beys you have, the less time you end up using each of them.  slope/tooth wear is not an actual problem.

who cares about teeth vs. slopes when the hasbro driver is grossly compromised? there are many examples, but look at hasbro bearing.  it’s not POM, it’s not even an actual bearing.  yes it has tighter slope, but it’s huge departure from the role TT designed the bearing driver to fill.

—-

finally, collectors are collectors and they are going to collect whatever pleases them.  but if you actually play the game, avoid hasbro, period.  let’s not misrepresent things, the hasbro system is inferior in every practical and competitive way.  if you own hasbro beys, stop buying more of them and switch to TT (i'd recommend b-115 as a starting point).  i want to apologize if this upsets any hasbro-only bladers, but someone needs to tell the truth.  this “both have positives and negatives, so everything is equal” talk is *total* nonsense.  being disingenuous to avoid conflict serves no one.  

hasbro vs. TT is not comparable any more than rapidity/TD vs. TT is comparable.
Look, fact of the matter is, both are fun. Their are some hasbro beys that destroy their TT counter parts (Lunior L3, Balkesh B3, etc) and obviously the same goes for TT vs Hasbro. So if you're playing for fun, mix it up man, and have fun. The differences are not that huge.

But, I would ONLY recommend buying TT launchers. ALL launchers from Hasbro are garbage. All of them. If you can get your hands on the new B-123,B-124 string launchers or even a regular sword launcher (TT of course, the Hasbro one starts off great but will wear down VERY quickly) get those.
(Oct. 10, 2018  11:54 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2018  7:42 AM)neoshai Wrote: This post wasn't about Hasbro vs TT. Both have their positives and both have their negatives. While it's true that TT in general has more positives over Hasbro, the fact that it's "harder" to get can overflow all positives it has.

And even tho I had no intention to put this out, playing-wise hasbro is above TT. Slopes are a better locking mechanism and won't get damaged over time due to use. TT on the other hands, using teeth, can get wear over time and make them, when damaged, unusable.

Well, my post is about “hasbro vs. TT”, and like all posts in all threads, it’s intended for everyone who might open the thread based on being interested in the thread title (which does indicate “hasbro vs. TT”, fwiw) rather than just the original poster.

there are a few things wrong in your post above

1) hasbro beys can be just as hard to get as TT beys.  if current trends hold, hasbro does not produce enough beyblades to meet supply.  yes there are plenty of single layer dual packs laying disorganized on the shelf at target to be fished through, but the odds are the hasbro beys you actually want will be sold out everywhere for weeks or months.  this is why “beyhunting” youtube videos exist, there is great uncertainty as far as what will actually be on the shelf (at least in the US), if anything.  

It really not that hard finding hasbro beyblades Just go too a good part of town look in those stores or just go to hasbro toy shop website . Well in my opinion I would go with the one that is easier to get. Which in the US it is hasbro.
(Oct. 10, 2018  7:18 PM)neoshai Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2018  11:54 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:

depends on your perspective and what you consider facts (personally i think there are just one set of facts below)

TT invented the game
TT designs the beys
TT controls the anime

if anyone makes a spinning battle top that varies at all from the principles associated with the above, to me that’s a knock off product

the appearance of hasbro layers alone is obviously knock-off territory, imo

we all understand the anime is one big commercial, but it’s a commercial people love. to see what hasbro does to the colorways of some beys like G3 is really strange and obviously done in the name of cost cutting.  why else would they selectively vary from the anime? 

—-

it’s certain we won’t change each other’s minds, and you keep on fighting for just-causes like all those hasbro-only tournaments that happen in countless cities each weekend across america. cmon man.

[quote pid='1467414' dateline='1539201121']
I think this last part alone, made me realize that I'm probably too old for this O.O
[/quote]

Never too old for this man. :-)

You just need to decide where you want to put your money (TT, Hasbro, or both) and if it's worth it to you. 

Everyone here is just passionate about the game, and we're all trying to help in our own way. 

Balls in your court now. Best of luck.
(Oct. 10, 2018  8:52 PM)neoshai Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2018  7:44 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: depends on your perspective and what you consider facts (personally i think there are just one set of facts below)

TT invented the game
TT designs the beys
TT controls the anime

if anyone makes a spinning battle top that varies at all from the principles associated with the above, to me that’s a knock off product

we all understand the anime is one big commercial, but it’s a commercial people love. to see what hasbro does to the colorways of some beys like G3 is really strange and obviously done in the name of cut cutting.  why else would they selectively vary from the anime? 

—-

it’s certain we won’t change each other’s minds, and you keep on fighting for just-causes like all those hasbro-only tournaments that happen in countless cities each weekend across america. cmon man.

I'm fighting for what now? I'm not even from America dude XD

Pretty sure TT doesn't have as much to say as you think.
Yes, they were the original creators, so to speak (since it's technically a rip-off on its own), other artist made it into what we know today, manga and anime, both of which I'm pretty sure TT has less to say than what you might think.

Either way, they did give the rights to hasbro to create beys (just as how they did to some other companies).

It is always fun to start with ... these facts prove ... nothing of what I've been saying at all but IN MY OPINION hasbro is an "obvious" knock-off.
That entire part alone seems like it was written by my little brother. Starting at one point, going in on his own words, throwing in words that make no sense to strengthen own opinion ... eventually just ending up with a jumbled up mess that just makes no sense.
Facts aren't a thing you can consider something to be. It either is or it isn't. That's what a fact is.

Facts are both TT and hasbro are LEGIT beyblade selling companies. <- that right there is an actual fact. Things beyond this point ... more like trivia.
They both have their positive and negative points, which might come down to personal opinion.
Small example, colors/stickers. One might prefer the stickers, another might prefer to have the colors already integrated in the bey.

Yes, beys might differ from the anime but even TT's beys differ from the anime. Does your valkyrie suddenly gain a massive speed boost from its reboot? They might try their best to make them look the same but they won't work the same way and thus will never be the same.

You know what the best thing about this is?
You're heavily, aggressively almost, defending Takara Tomy, even tho I've said nothing bad about them. I'm not dissing Takara Tomy, I'm not taking TT's side or Hasbro's side. I'm neutral, completely in between. I think both do great in their own ways and both have ways to improve.
I also didn't make this post to pick a side but to try and figure out what the best option for me is, given certain circumstances and reasons why I have doubts on picking not one side but any of the brands.
I think this last part alone, made me realize that I'm probably too old for this O.O

Well said I like the way you Handel this.
(Oct. 10, 2018  8:52 PM)neoshai Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2018  7:44 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: depends on your perspective and what you consider facts (personally i think there are just one set of facts below)

TT invented the game
TT designs the beys
TT controls the anime

we all understand the anime is one big commercial, but it’s a commercial people love. to see what hasbro does to the colorways of some beys like G3 is really strange and obviously done in the name of cut cutting.  why else would they selectively vary from the anime? 

—-

I'm fighting for what now? I'm not even from America dude XD

Pretty sure TT doesn't have as much to say as you think.
Yes, they were the original creators, so to speak (since it's technically a rip-off on its own), other artist made it into what we know today, manga and anime, both of which I'm pretty sure TT has less to say than what you might think.

Either way, they did give the rights to hasbro to create beys (just as how they did to some other companies).

It is always fun to start with ... these facts prove ... nothing of what I've been saying at all but IN MY OPINION hasbro is an "obvious" knock-off.
That entire part alone seems like it was written by my little brother. Starting at one point, going in on his own words, throwing in words that make no sense to strengthen own opinion ... eventually just ending up with a jumbled up mess that just makes no sense.
Facts aren't a thing you can consider something to be. It either is or it isn't. That's what a fact is.

Facts are both TT and hasbro are LEGIT beyblade selling companies. <- that right there is an actual fact. Things beyond this point ... more like trivia.
They both have their positive and negative points, which might come down to personal opinion.
Small example, colors/stickers. One might prefer the stickers, another might prefer to have the colors already integrated in the bey.

Yes, beys might differ from the anime but even TT's beys differ from the anime. Does your valkyrie suddenly gain a massive speed boost from its reboot? They might try their best to make them look the same but they won't work the same way and thus will never be the same.

You know what the best thing about this is?
You're heavily, aggressively almost, defending Takara Tomy, even tho I've said nothing bad about them. I'm not dissing Takara Tomy, I'm not taking TT's side or Hasbro's side. I'm neutral, completely in between. I think both do great in their own ways and both have ways to improve.
I also didn't make this post to pick a side but to try and figure out what the best option for me is, given certain circumstances and reasons why I have doubts on picking not one side but any of the brands.
Lol if your neutral then why you did create this thread. It would have been fine if you liked both in the first place. It seems as if your purposesly trying to side with both...but the title clearly states that you want to choose a side. So tell me...Do you pick TT or Hasbro. Or is this thread useless.
ID say takara tomy but if you want to save more money get hasbro
Both redpanda's and neoshai's arguments have truths to them, and there really isn't one 'right' side. Anyway, as to reiterate what Infinite.Zero said, pick a side, if you're neutral, we simply can't help you. That being said, yes Hasbro did seem to a pretty decent to a great job with Switchstrike. However, with the direction they're going with Turbo (Slingshock), I urge you to switch to TT
[quote="Infinite.Zero" pid='1467421' dateline='1539203080
Lol if your neutral then why you did create this thread. It would have been fine if you liked both in the first place. It seems as if your purposesly trying to side with both...but the title clearly states that you want to choose a side. So tell me...Do you pick TT or Hasbro. Or is this thread useless.
[/quote]

he made this thread to ask what would suit his purpose better, read his first post
(Oct. 10, 2018  11:12 PM)brandbrick Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2018  9:24 PM)Infinite.Zero

he made this thread to ask what would suit his purpose better, read his first post
[/quote' Wrote: Lol what happened to the qoute...? Nvm that. He said he was neutral then why make a thread.
Edit:he made his point.

(Oct. 10, 2018  11:21 PM)neoshai Wrote: [quote='Infinite.Zero' pid='1467421' dateline='1539203080']

If I wasn't neutral, there was no need for this thread at all.
As I mentioned, both have their good and bad sides, and some are reasons to why I have trouble deciding.
I want to pick just 1 because they don't work well together. A hasbro driver with a Top layer from TT, don't lock together well, if at all cuz apparently rarely any driver works with my nL layer XD

So far I've bought only TT for collection purposes but have L2 (hasbro) that I've been using to play with.
And a few other hasbro beys I don't really use but saw them in stores, kind of liked them like the sparkly gold valkyrie.

But as mentioned above, there are some issues, mostly release-wise, which pretty much made this thread up. If I could get my beys at around the same time TT brings them out from Hasbro, I'd probably pick hasbro since that's what we have in stores here. If there's ever a bey I want to suddenly have (old or new), I can just walk into a store and get it. Especially since they sell so fricking bad, they stay in stores for ages XD
But it takes forever for a bey to arrive. bL was realized (from TT obviously) before we even saw L3. First time it came in stores here was just a few weeks ago. We saw L3, just a week or 2 ago. We still have a ton to get from switchstrike, we haven't even had all of the beys from beyblade burst wave 2 (should I call it wave 2 probably not but u know, V2,D2, L2 and so on). But that also brings along a positive site. For the longest time W3 both TT and hasbro was quite expensive. It arrived here (really late) and it was only 15 bucks. Obviously if I would've gotten it on release it would've been 15-20$ as well but at that time I didn't even know about the new series of beyblades ... surprise surprise, beyblade was lost to time for me XD

(Oct. 10, 2018  9:40 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Both redpanda's and neoshai's arguments have truths to them, and there really isn't one 'right' side. Anyway, as to reiterate what Infinite.Zero said, pick a side, if you're neutral, we simply can't help you. That being said, yes Hasbro did seem to a pretty decent to a great job with Switchstrike. However, with the direction they're going with Turbo (Slingshock), I urge you to switch to TT

Again, that's the entire thing tho, none of them are really better than the other (launchers and other accessories aside).
So it's not about picking the "best" brand but the best fitting for me. I know it's a bit difficult, but since I kept having trouble figuring it out by myself I was hoping for some random comment that makes me decide.

Also, while extremely different, you have the same thinking wavelength as Redpanda.
This Slingshock thing hasbro is doing, is just a unique take on beyblades itself. It's like the remote control beys, light giving beys (forgot the name of those). It's just another unique thing. It has nothing to do with the normal releases or anything like that.
You talk about it as if they'r throwing away everything else beyblade related to focus on just this one thing. This is a side thing, just some extra merchandise. It's a standalone thing. I mean for as much I know about it that is.

So far I've bought most of my beys from TT. But sometimes I see a bey pass by when I walk in the stores that seems interesting to me.
And when I look it up to get the TT version, it's either not easy to find or way too expensive (especially when you compare it with the store prices here) ... well that is if I can't just find them for the normal price, of course XD
This makes it hard for me to (not) go with the one easily available to me, I won't be able to use the parts I have (from TT) with the parts of the bey in question (which would then be from hasbro). Again, this entire thing would be easy if all parts fit and worked together well :(
Beat Kukulcan is a good example.
Come and take me too jail @[Jinbee] for quoting such a large post not knowing how to use a spoiler...sigh...and the double post too btw:(. 

Back to the point. You clearly need a sales person to convince you to pick one or the other huh.Just get TT imo. They just do a better job. You get what you pay for quality over price. Or maybe you need cheaper products...then Hasbro might be good for you...
Well in my own general term, I would get either one depending on which ones have more value and uses. For example, the R2 is twice more better than the TT counter part. Same with other TT beys that bursts easily compared to Hasbro beys like G3, Sr, Y2, Canox C3, etc.
I would go with Takara Tomy launchers but I think Hasbro and Takara Tomy beys both have their advantages
I don't have much to add outside what others have said outside of this, I honestly laugh at people comparing prices for tt beys to hasbro like for one shipping will differ for where you live potentially (most of my purchases have been directly from Japanese retail stores online to save money than buying from resellers) but like, I've been wanting Tornado Wyvern for months because I like to have the exact color and official release of the beys owned by the characters that I like and while wakiya isn't my favorite I still love him a lot, to buy the hasbro tornado wyvern? Yeah it was released in like February I think and it sells online just about everywhere for around 100 USD if you can even find listings for it, TT tornado wyvern may be in a similar boat but overall when you're going hasbro you have to put up with the struggle of low stock indefinitely unless something changes on top of all the other things like coloration and design inconsistencies, don't know if this is confirmed but apparently their release of Crash Ragnarok won't even have the wedge driver. Basically what I'm saying is the biggest argument I see FOR Hasbro is really a case by case basis, if you're in a country that has a lot of extra fees for shipping then it'd definitely be a push for hasbro, but overall that means you'd have to really luck out and stock and additionally it means paying way more for older beys than you would for TTwhich for someone who's just starting out is really not ideal if you want to get older ones. For me, since I order through official retailers they normally put up pre orders and have discounts that allow me to buy them for as much as 5 or more dollars off most of the time making the average bey half the price what hasbro charges for in store. Though that may not be possible for everyone ; ;. For me though the best thing to use hasbro for is to get mostly correct stock release colors of random booster prize beys like maximum Garuda shelter regulus or beat kukulcan, since they're luckily rather faithful to the original colors. But that may not hold true for future releases since they just decide to not release certain parts lol.