[Unanswered]  Customisation advices needed

Hello, honestly i have no idea if this is the right place to open this kind of thread. If it's not, i'm sorry and moderators can move it to the correct one. Anyway yeah, basically i want to recolor my God Valkyrie. But i don't know which paints don't damage the toughness of the layer's plastic. I guess i have to apply a bit of primer first of all. This bey won't be used in any battles, but as i've said before i don't want it to be harmed by the paint. Oh, and i'm not gonna spray-paint it, just a brushwork.
Thank you!
(May. 12, 2019  11:58 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hello, honestly i have no idea if this is the right place to open this kind of thread. If it's not, i'm sorry and moderators can move it to the correct one. Anyway yeah, basically i want to recolor my God Valkyrie. But i don't know which paints don't damage the toughness of the layer's plastic. I guess i have to apply a bit of primer first of all. This bey won't be used in any battles, but as i've said before i don't want it to be harmed by the paint. Oh, and i'm not gonna spray-paint it, just a brushwork.
Thank you!
If you put paint on a layer or disk or even the driver it will not be allowed in wbo tournaments and it will be considered illigel.
(May. 13, 2019  12:45 AM)abidjkhan7 Wrote:
(May. 12, 2019  11:58 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hello, honestly i have no idea if this is the right place to open this kind of thread. If it's not, i'm sorry and moderators can move it to the correct one. Anyway yeah, basically i want to recolor my God Valkyrie. But i don't know which paints don't damage the toughness of the layer's plastic. I guess i have to apply a bit of primer first of all. This bey won't be used in any battles, but as i've said before i don't want it to be harmed by the paint. Oh, and i'm not gonna spray-paint it, just a brushwork.
Thank you!
If you put paint on a layer or disk or even the driver it will not be allowed in wbo tournaments and it will be considered illigel.

You can paint little bits and it can still be llegal it just so the weight doesn’t get effected so basically little things like someone colored forneus’ eye a different color
(May. 13, 2019  1:06 AM)BeybladeBlast11 Wrote:
(May. 13, 2019  12:45 AM)abidjkhan7 Wrote: If you put paint on a layer or disk or even the driver it will not be allowed in wbo tournaments and it will be considered illigel.

You can paint little bits and it can still be llegal it just so the weight doesn’t get effected so basically little things like someone colored forneus’ eye a different color
Then thats fine
(May. 13, 2019  1:06 AM)BeybladeBlast11 Wrote: You can paint little bits and it can still be llegal it just so the weight doesn’t get effected so basically little things like someone colored forneus’ eye a different color

That does not seem correct. Read the rules.
  • Foreign Substances & Modification: Beyblade and launcher parts cannot be painted, coated, or physically modified in any way that affects their performance except in the methods explicitly outlined in the green section below . Bladers who intentionally modify the performance illegally of their equipment will be disqualified and potentially banned from future WBO events.
  • Marking Parts: Parts may be marked in order to differentiate parts from your opponent’s in the event of a double Burst Finish, or to maintain the orientation of your combination’s parts should it burst and need to be re-assembled. Stickers may be used to do this, but must follow the rules outlined under “Sticker Placement” above. Alternatively, you may apply minor markings (single lines or dots) to them with a pen or marker. Marking parts in this manner is permitted, but you may not draw on your parts for aesthetic purposes. Other methods of marking not explicitly outlined here are not permitted and will be considered a “foreign substance” as defined by the section above.
  • Painting or Decorating Launchers/Grips/Accessories: Launchers, Grips, and Accessories may be painted or decorated for aesthetic purposes only. Any paint or decoration added must not affect the performance or originally intended functions or gimmicks of the part and should not obstruct your opponent’s ability to launch properly in any way. If a judge determines your launcher, grip, or accessory has been modified to the point of illegality due to such modifications, they may tell you to you switch to a new version of that same part.
Now as the OP said, they don't intend on using this painted bey for battles or tournaments. They would not be permitted to, they just want to make their bey look cool.
(May. 13, 2019  1:20 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(May. 13, 2019  1:06 AM)BeybladeBlast11 Wrote: You can paint little bits and it can still be llegal it just so the weight doesn’t get effected so basically little things like someone colored forneus’ eye a different color

That does not seem correct. Read the rules.
  • Foreign Substances & Modification: Beyblade and launcher parts cannot be painted, coated, or physically modified in any way that affects their performance except in the methods explicitly outlined in the green section below . Bladers who intentionally modify the performance illegally of their equipment will be disqualified and potentially banned from future WBO events.
  • Marking Parts: Parts may be marked in order to differentiate parts from your opponent’s in the event of a double Burst Finish, or to maintain the orientation of your combination’s parts should it burst and need to be re-assembled. Stickers may be used to do this, but must follow the rules outlined under “Sticker Placement” above. Alternatively, you may apply minor markings (single lines or dots) to them with a pen or marker. Marking parts in this manner is permitted, but you may not draw on your parts for aesthetic purposes. Other methods of marking not explicitly outlined here are not permitted and will be considered a “foreign substance” as defined by the section above.
  • Painting or Decorating Launchers/Grips/Accessories: Launchers, Grips, and Accessories may be painted or decorated for aesthetic purposes only. Any paint or decoration added must not affect the performance or originally intended functions or gimmicks of the part and should not obstruct your opponent’s ability to launch properly in any way. If a judge determines your launcher, grip, or accessory has been modified to the point of illegality due to such modifications, they may tell you to you switch to a new version of that same part.
Now as the OP said, they don't intend on using this painted bey for battles or tournaments. They would not be permitted to, they just want to make their bey look cool.

Hi crab! Yeah exactly, it's just for fun.
Experiment on a bey you don't care about before trying to paint one you do care about.
Does anybody know the exact type of plastic which God Valkyrie is made of (i have the holy knight version, solid white on upper layer and transparent sub-layer)?