[Answered]  Cleaning Drivers (read the whole thing)

I am very uncertain of this due to the format. I have noticed that my Cycle driver was very stiff along with my atomic driver collecting dust. So I did a little research on cleaning plastic and found out that a little bit of rubbing alcohol will do the trick after cleaning with water. So I used a little Q-tip and a drop of water to clean off the dirt. Afterwards, I used a very small amount of the 70% Rubbing alcohol (didn't want to risk any damages and overuse) and rubbed it on both my drivers and spin the free-spinning parts to spread the rubbing alcohol. After letting it dry a little bit, the drivers were free-spinning as if they were new. I was very much amazed of this and was worried about a couple things if this issue. Since the rubbing alcohol was a foreign substances, it may not be tournament legal. But on the other hand this is also considered as cleaning your bey(did a little research here ). I really need to know what this is considered as for tournament use and from the man himself who made the format.
I don't know what the rulings are- but to avoid possible substance rulings. I use a cut strip of laminate, as in the plastic used to laminated paper. I find its thin, but stiff enough to clean around the single ball of my Planet driver (which was annoying to try and clean before)
I could see rubbing alcohol being legal since it is a cleaner that will evaporate, as long as the ingredients are only isopropyl alcohol and water. Other solutions that come up often risk damaging the plastic or leave a coating/residue of the substance, the latter being why they are considered foreign substances.
(May. 29, 2018  4:44 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I could see rubbing alcohol being legal since it is a cleaner that will evaporate, as long as the ingredients are only isopropyl alcohol and water. Other solutions that come up often risk damaging the plastic or leave a coating/residue of the substance, the latter being why they are considered foreign substances.

Yes that's it! I used a very small amount of 70% isopropyl alcohol on the drivers. Because of that, the drivers were more free-spinning. But I want to see from the format maker to see to this question.

(May. 29, 2018  4:38 AM)Kry Wrote: I don't know what the rulings are- but to avoid possible substance rulings. I use a cut strip of laminate, as in the plastic used to laminated paper. I find its thin, but stiff enough to clean around the single ball of my Planet driver (which was annoying to try and clean before)

Wouldn't it be better to use never dull on the planet driver? It does polish the metal tip.
(May. 29, 2018  7:29 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote:
(May. 29, 2018  4:38 AM)Kry Wrote: I don't know what the rulings are- but to avoid possible substance rulings. I use a cut strip of laminate, as in the plastic used to laminated paper. I find its thin, but stiff enough to clean around the single ball of my Planet driver (which was annoying to try and clean before)

Wouldn't it be better to use never dull on the planet driver? It does polish the metal tip.
it would, if it could reach into the driver where the dirt is stuck between the ball and the plastic. I need to litterally dig out the built up dust/gunk. 
it generally picks up residue off the stadium and it pushes it deep inside.
(May. 29, 2018  4:44 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I could see rubbing alcohol being legal since it is a cleaner that will evaporate, as long as the ingredients are only isopropyl alcohol and water. Other solutions that come up often risk damaging the plastic or leave a coating/residue of the substance, the latter being why they are considered foreign substances.

But still, is it tournament legal though
I was talking to @[Kei] about this sort of thing over here. The rules seem to basically say just no foreign substances and only allows Beyblades with light damage from normal use. Therefore, any cleaning substance shouldn't damage/alter the Beyblades or leave behind any trace or residue.

But the rules don't sit and say what is actually legal to use, no specific examples at least (beyond "pre-wetted wipes" and "gentle cleaning solution"). So if you want an official OK of a certain chemical, you need to ask someone who can make that call. Since I tagged Kei, he can give his input.

I'm pretty sure water is fine. Seeing as isopropyl alcohol evaporates, any combination of it and water (with nothing else) wouldn't be treated as a foreign substance. The only issue would be if it's considered damaging. But from what I can tell, wipes with isopropyl alcohol are considered legal for cleaning stadiums, and stadiums are made of plastic.

From what I can find, isopropyl alcohol seems to only damage certain plastics with prolonged exposure. I think I might sit and look more into the different plastics and materials used for Beyblades and try to look up what is considered good cleaners for it. I'll add that to the list for later.