[Unanswered]  Better disc in general

There was an error from this question that made me duplicate the question so I will ask a different question. What’s good about these 3 discs? 7, 0, and 00(the pros a d cons for each disc)? I am inspired of making a specific combo of inspiration (or may change it)
7 arguably offers the best stamina but is the lightest. 0 is very versatile and can be used for attack, defense or stamina. It’s heavier than 7 but lighter than 00. It’s kind of a Jack-of-all trades. It’s got thicker tabs than 00 helping make it very tight with certain combos (i.e. Judgement). 00 is the heaviest and like 0 is good in all 3 facets. It’s probably not as good with pure stamina as 7 but the additional weight makes it a go-to disc for a lot of combos.

Keep in mind this is all “in general”. Some people may argue 0 or 00 gives better stamina as certain discs do synergize better with certain layers. Also two of the same discs can vary in weight. So it’s possible to have a 0 that’s heavier than a 00.
(Dec. 17, 2019  12:38 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: 7 arguably offers the best stamina but is the lightest. 0 is very versatile and can be used for attack, defense or stamina. It’s heavier than 7 but lighter than 00. It’s kind of a Jack-of-all trades. It’s got thicker tabs than 00 helping make it very tight with certain combos (i.e. Judgement). 00 is the heaviest and like 0 is good in all 3 facets. It’s probably not as good with pure stamina as 7 but the additional weight makes it a go-to disc for a lot of combos.

Keep in mind this is all “in general”. Some people may argue 0 or 00 gives better stamina as certain discs do synergize better with certain layers. Also two of the same discs can vary in weight. So it’s possible to have a 0 that’s heavier than a 00.

If that’s the case, what would be the best disc for Dread Bahamut with Atomic or Orbit Metal?
(Dec. 22, 2019  8:41 PM)DragonicMeister Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2019  12:38 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: 7 arguably offers the best stamina but is the lightest. 0 is very versatile and can be used for attack, defense or stamina. It’s heavier than 7 but lighter than 00. It’s kind of a Jack-of-all trades. It’s got thicker tabs than 00 helping make it very tight with certain combos (i.e. Judgement). 00 is the heaviest and like 0 is good in all 3 facets. It’s probably not as good with pure stamina as 7 but the additional weight makes it a go-to disc for a lot of combos.

If that’s the case, what would be the best disc for Dread Bahamut with Atomic or Orbit Metal?

I’d assume your using the Gen weight, so is probably go 00 for the combo.
Also some discs synergise better with different drivers. I always do a fair amount of testing with different discs before committing to a combo. Lots of people prefer 00C on pP but I have had better results from testing my own pP layer with Ω. So after what seemed like 100's of test battles with both set ups I settled on Ω for mine but if others have better results with their pP on 00C I wouldn't argue with that.
(Dec. 17, 2019  7:37 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: There was an error from this question that made me duplicate the question so I will ask a different question. What’s good about these 3 discs? 7, 0, and 00(the pros a d cons for each disc)? I am inspired of making a specific combo of inspiration (or may change it)
well, the 7 disc have 4 blades in one side and 3 in the other, but both sides have the same weight, is pretty balanced and good to counter attacks in the disc
BUT,it can take out a little bit of the defense because of its shape.
0 is a very heavy disc, very balanced and round shaped, can increase almost every single stat, but even being heavy, the weight spreading its really bad and it can take out a little bit of attack because of the round shape
00 is way heavier disc and its weight distribution is perfect, increase every single stat and increase the counter if hit in the disc (without frame), BUT its not that good in some combos with weak teeth, (unless if it have heaven, gen weight, dash driver or burst stopper), if you want a good, heavy disc, that increase all of your stats, I will recommend Sting
(Dec. 23, 2019  4:00 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2019  7:37 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: There was an error from this question that made me duplicate the question so I will ask a different question. What’s good about these 3 discs? 7, 0, and 00(the pros a d cons for each disc)? I am inspired of making a specific combo of inspiration (or may change it)
well, the 7 disc have 4 blades in one side and 3 in the other, but both sides have the same weight, is pretty balanced and good to counter attacks in the disc
0 is a very heavy disc, very balanced and round shaped, can increase almost every single stat, but even being heavy, the weight spreading its really bad and it can take out a little bit of attack because of the round shape
00 is way heavier disc and its weight distribution is perfect, increase every single stat and increase the counter if hit in the disc (without frame), BUT its not that good in some combos with weak teeth, (unless if it have heaven, gen weight, dash driver or burst stopper), if you want a good, heavy disc, that increase all of your stats, I will recommend Sting
All three discs are balanced, as you said, but you go by stats? The TT stats are not accurate to actual performance. 0 performs great in attack and defense combos better than stamina, which still made 7 good at the time. With the weight of today’s layers though, 00 decreasing burst resistance is virtually nothing, as the layers can weigh as much as the discs in competitive combos. Also you shouldn’t use any discs without a frame unless you have no competitive frames, like cross or star. Also the shape of 7 doesn’t affect performance, and performs well in attack, defense, stamina, and balance combos.
(Dec. 23, 2019  4:27 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2019  4:00 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: well, the 7 disc have 4 blades in one side and 3 in the other, but both sides have the same weight, is pretty balanced and good to counter attacks in the disc
All three discs are balanced, as you said, but you go by stats? The TT stats are not accurate to actual performance. 0 performs great in attack and defense combos better than stamina, which still made 7 good at the time. With the weight of today’s layers though, 00 decreasing burst resistance is virtually nothing, as the layers can weigh as much as the discs in competitive combos. Also you shouldn’t use any discs without a frame unless you have no competitive frames, like cross or star. Also the shape of 7 doesn’t affect performance, and performs well in attack, defense, stamina, and balance combos.

You mentioned “at that time” for the 7 disc. Does that mean it’s not that good anymore?
(Dec. 23, 2019  5:47 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2019  4:27 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: All three discs are balanced, as you said, but you go by stats? The TT stats are not accurate to actual performance. 0 performs great in attack and defense combos better than stamina, which still made 7 good at the time. With the weight of today’s layers though, 00 decreasing burst resistance is virtually nothing, as the layers can weigh as much as the discs in competitive combos. Also you shouldn’t use any discs without a frame unless you have no competitive frames, like cross or star. Also the shape of 7 doesn’t affect performance, and performs well in attack, defense, stamina, and balance combos.

You mentioned “at that time” for the 7 disc. Does that mean it’s not that good anymore?

With sting and blitz, it’s not as good as it used to be. It’s fallen out of winning combos lists and honestly sting probably outclasses it, not to mention with the GT system bringing much more weight to the Burst system than previous systems, which made heavy discs which had had a burst risk before have virtually little to no burst risk. It’s not a bad disc, but it’s slightly lighter than 0 and 00, which makes the previous mentioned two better options as well as sting.
(Dec. 23, 2019  6:58 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2019  5:47 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: You mentioned “at that time” for the 7 disc. Does that mean it’s not that good anymore?

With sting and blitz, it’s not as good as it used to be. It’s fallen out of winning combos lists and honestly sting probably outclasses it, not to mention with the GT system bringing much more weight to the Burst system than previous systems, which made heavy discs which had had a burst risk before have virtually little to no burst risk. It’s not a bad disc, but it’s slightly lighter than 0 and 00, which makes the previous mentioned two better options as well as sting.

K, because I was debating the disc I should use for Jet Black Dread Bahamut combo, still debating on the frames like proof or bump. Same with the driver, Orbit metal or Atomic. I already have a plan with the purple version with the purple 0 and purple cross along with a purple atomic, but have to use the red gen (the ocean blue gen is expensive as carp).