UK Spinoff Posters and Promotion.

Poll: I prefer poster

26.47%
67.65%
I think they're both pretty poor
5.88%
Total: 100% 34 vote(s)
Thanks for all the notes everyone, I'll try and get some work in on it tomorrow, but I've got a ton of university work to do, couldn't get any done last week since I'd just had my tonsils removed, meaning the works backed up a lot.
I liked both posters, but I prefer the second one. Good job on them.
Ok, condensed it down for an A5 flyer, also corrected the logo.
I tried printing off the A4 sized poster off at A3, and there was next to no pixelation, so A3 size seems to be the way to go.
Logo:
[Image: spinofflogoshrunk.th.png]
Flyer:
[Image: spinoffa5.th.jpg]
Updated poster:
[Image: spinoffa3.th.jpg]
By Condense I mean just have a single blade. Red Wolf (with splatter) with blue background of pegasis half. Then just have the event name and details. Try landscape A5.
^ I like the flyers at the moment but this would be pretty cool. Grin
I also prefer the second one by far.

Looks good. =]
(Apr. 20, 2009  5:18 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: By Condense I mean just have a single blade. Red Wolf (with splatter) with blue background of pegasis half. Then just have the event name and details. Try landscape A5.
The text wouldn't stand out enough against the background, and the layer settings wouldn't allow it.. They're set to multiply so you can see the paper texture through the color, so the colors would over lap leaving the red wolf splatter as a black smudge.
(Apr. 20, 2009  5:54 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: The text wouldn't stand out enough against the background, and the layer settings wouldn't allow it.. They're set to multiply so you can see the paper texture through the color, so the colors would over lap leaving the red wolf splatter as a black smudge.

Having taken a closer look I see what your on about. Don't worry about it. I still think you shoudl play around with the layout of everything. You want it to look exciting. There would be no use of a flyer if it looks the same as a poster. It should look different, even if it is a little.
I am guessing the poster is now done because if so then I will take it somewhere and see if they will put it up which i think they will because the people are nice.
Dieddead, Can you upload the PSD for the final poster. I need to add bleed to it so as I can get it printed by a friend of mine for he expo.
Hope the file was Ok, lookin forward to seeing them printed Grin
Espio can you also print some of the yellow and black signs Brad made? Can't remember what they're called. I guess we'd need a few of each. (those and the poster in this thread)
Yup, they're the ones.
Have you got an image of the second poster without the line going along it half way down it?