UK Spinoff Posters and Promotion.

Poll: I prefer poster

26.47%
67.65%
I think they're both pretty poor
5.88%
Total: 100% 34 vote(s)
(Apr. 13, 2009  5:51 PM)Driger Wrote: Are they the photoshop files...if the original is in better quality, can you please send it to me via email (lil_ash789@hotmail.com) ~ (my ntl account is weird Chocked_2) so I can put this on the lampost outside my house XD, the town hall and stuff....
The files are too big to send by e-mail, you'd be better of just going with what's posted.
The details aren't finished yet though, we don't know the exact location, or time spnoff will start, so don't get ahead of yourself.
I don't think there's a need for having these printed, if anybodies got an A3 printer at school, college, or home, then print of a few and put them in places where you think they'll draw interest.
There isn't much point in just randomly slapping them on lampposts, since for the most part it's just a waste of paper.
It'd seem that everyone prefers poster 2, so it'd make the most sense to develop this one.
Are there any major suggestions of things that need to be changed on it?
I dont have photoshop so I cant open PSD files...wait is that a picture file type?

I mean the .jpg files if you didnt know, but if you did, dont worry i'll save the internet files. Pinching_eyes
(Apr. 13, 2009  6:20 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: It'd seem that everyone prefers poster 2, so it'd make the most sense to develop this one.

aww. I prefered poster 1 way more, plus it's a lot more eye-catching Wink The only thing I thought needed changing on that one was the text colour and for S. Pegasis and D. Wolf not have the pasted-on-to-the-background look, that Kei mentioned.
These are amazing.I wish I could go to the tourney now
Not a picture file type, it's the file version of the poster. The original jpgs aren't that different, I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I wouldn't start printing anything before it's finished.

(Apr. 13, 2009  6:32 PM)Aqua Wrote: aww. I prefered poster 1 way more, plus it's a lot more eye-catching Wink The only thing I thought needed changing on that one was the text colour and for S. Pegasis and D. Wolf not have the pasted-on-to-the-background look, that Kei mentioned.
Well, everyone's had positive things to say about 2, where as 1 got chewed up by Kei, and had more negative comments about it, so 2's kind of standing out.
It could be put to vote though.
(Apr. 13, 2009  5:44 PM)Rocky Wrote: Is this definitely happening then? :3 I was thinking of emailing them anyways, I just never got around to it so that would be a good oppurtunity.......^^; I did ask some other shop but that was more of a complaint about high P&P with a beyblade question interspersed. Pinching_eyes_2 On a side note, I did have an awesome dream where they sold MFBs at Orbital. XD

I though we already had a similiar sort of arrangement with theintoy?
Yeah, we do have a similar arangement with theintoy already, so I suppose it wouldn't be too much trouble at all asking them to put up a banner or poster.
I think we need all the information on the event first though.
both look great Smile
lol i thought the last one said (I think they're both pretty cool) so i voted for it XD
(Apr. 13, 2009  7:05 PM)pegasis Wrote: both look great Smile
lol i thought the last one said (I think they're both pretty cool) so i voted for it XD
Which is you you voted that both look pretty bad.
(Apr. 13, 2009  7:10 PM)pegasis Wrote: ya. lol it was by mistake!
Thanks Pegasis : )
I'll remember that one was accidental.
I voted for the 2nd one because the blades stick out with that background.
Seems that most people prefer poster 2, something that Rocky brought up was the logo.
This is what it looks like currently: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/d...pinoff.png
As a posed to the version that's on the posters (see attached)
I was wondering which people preferred, and if people wanted the pegasis wheel to be part of the newer logo?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

you need to move the W closer to the B

also you used the wrong spelling of organization (yes i'm aware organisation is also correct but i'd like to keep it consistent)
(Apr. 13, 2009  6:17 PM)Aqua Wrote: You didn't just print them, did you lol..... the posters aren't done yet Tongue_out

By the way, are the posters standard letter-sized (8 1/2 by 11) or bigger?

They're intended to be scaled to A4, but they'd probably come out fine A3

(Apr. 14, 2009  4:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: you need to move the W closer to the B

also you used the wrong spelling of organization (yes i'm aware organisation is also correct but i'd like to keep it consistent)

Thanks Brad, I'll deal with it after I've got some sleep, it's 5am here.
also, the "world beyblade organization" text should be at 90% width, and the WBO text should be taller and narrower

i can upload the psd if you want
Eh, I think the second one is much better. It's easier to read and the design is overall more appealing.
yeah, i agree the second is better as well
Can't believe i'm gonna say this, but the second one look a lot like the Pepsi logo
and he spelt "World Beyblade Organisation"
(Apr. 14, 2009  10:47 AM)Driger Wrote: and he spelt "World Beyblade Organisation"

this has already been pointed out, like five posts up
Second poster. Forgot what I was going to say after reading the entire thread lol.

Oh yeah, printers usually charge a flat rate for poster prints or at least this is the case when I got posters printed. As for poster sizes. You want to look at A3 or larger, A4 is WAY too small. Maybe think of translating the design down to A5 for flyers or condense what you have to make a flyer.

Just have wolf or pregasus with the event name, date and logo for a flyer maybe?
A Wolf one, and a Pegasis one sounds cool! As in one blue with Pegasis and one red with Wolf.
What's the font for Spinoff? The part that says, "Spinoff"
To be honest - I prefer the second one.
(Apr. 14, 2009  9:06 PM)Giga Wrote: What's the font for Spinoff? The part that says, "Spinoff"

Rufa.