Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Ah, damn. Once again, To makes me look dumb. (Though I think Storm Dranzer was referring to DoTM in general, not the whole trilogy.) Ah, well. About how much would that cost, anyway?
As I don't work at ILM, I can't really guesstimate a pricetag, but I imagine it's a lot given Transformers were sparring used in the past 2 films to save budget.
(Jul. 26, 2011  8:31 PM)To Wrote: As I don't work at ILM, I can't really guesstimate a pricetag, but I imagine it's a lot given Transformers were sparring used in the past 2 films to save budget.

Really? If seem like they used them excessively in ROTF, specifically in the last 40 minutes, and definitely in the second half of the movie.
If you notice in those large scale battles, a bunch of models are either recoloured Decepticons from the previous films, or slight variations. With a model already made, it makes things cheaper to impose them on film.

For example, part of me thinks the justification to include Barricade in this film was to reuse a model much rather than to provide any sort of closure for the character.
(Jul. 27, 2011  2:26 AM)To Wrote: If you notice in those large scale battles, a bunch of models are either recoloured Decepticons from the previous films, or slight variations. With a model already made, it makes things cheaper to impose them on film.

For example, part of me thinks the justification to include Barricade in this film was to reuse a model much rather than to provide any sort of closure for the character.

Ok, that explains the Clone Army of Decepticons. I always wondered why they didn't bother to render new models for each Decepticon, I never figured that it would be any cheaper to use the same model multiple times.
I'm wondering how much it cost for the falling building or the fight of Optimus and Sentinel Primes. At least 100,000$ I'm guessing.
Hah, I was at the filming, and the crud they had all over the place looked like it cost MILLIONS. They had scale replicas of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Ratchet (Though he did almost NOTHING.), too. I didn't get to see much else, and taking pictures wasn't allowed for some parts. But yeah, the equipment that I saw on the buildings looked EXPENSIVE as HELL.
(Jul. 27, 2011  7:47 PM)Temporal Wrote: Hah, I was at the filming, and the crud they had all over the place looked like it cost MILLIONS. They had scale replicas of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Ratchet (Though he did almost NOTHING.), too. I didn't get to see much else, and taking pictures wasn't allowed for some parts. But yeah, the equipment that I saw on the buildings looked EXPENSIVE as HELL.

AT LEAST. The whole movie probably cost hundreds of millions of dollars.
It did. Micheal Bay directed it, so it was expensive. Stuff blowing up isn't cheap, y'know.
And it had huge robotic thingies with weapons. Bay put a lot into DoTM, probably more than the other two, considering how everything in sight blew up.
Budget for Dark of the Moon was $195 million. That's $5 million less than Revenge of the Fallen, which had a globe trotting filming schedule.
Considering what they had to do in CAIRO, yeah I'm not surprised at all. Tons of special effects and a huge transformer called the fallen (I have the game not the movie) it was a turning point in the transformers world money wise