Transformers: Dark of the Moon

And yet another forgettable, uninteresting design for Megatron.

What a shame. Although it does look a lot better than the other two movies.

Say, what happened to the people who jumped my throat like a year ago (Or something) when I said that Transformers 2 sucks?
THAT ACTION FIGURE LOOKS LIKE IT WAS DRAGGED THROUGH carp.

what have they done
(Dec. 23, 2010  10:20 PM)Dude Wrote: And yet another forgettable, uninteresting design for Megatron.

What a shame. Although it does look a lot better than the other two movies.

Say, what happened to the people who jumped my throat like a year ago (Or something) when I said that Transformers 2 sucks?

Who? I can't think of a person on this site that actually liked it. I liked the battle scenes and I'm not afraid to admit that, and after seeing the film that's the only thing that stuck in my head.
Well, at least after 2 movies he gets the "Robots in Disguise" theme.
(Jun. 23, 2009  10:54 PM)nabsdt Wrote: What an awesome movie
Whoever that person is.
(Jun. 25, 2009  6:51 AM)Sega Wrote: Oh man just saw it last night, LOVED IT. Destroyed the First movie in my opinion.
Banned guy, I guess it doesn't count.
(Jun. 25, 2009  2:15 PM)To Wrote: Honestly, being a carpin' TF fanboy, the movie was more or less awesome
More or less awesome. I call that liking it.
(Jun. 26, 2009  9:14 PM)Lance Perfora Wrote: I loved the movie. <3
(Jun. 26, 2009  10:25 PM)kai12 Wrote: yea same here
(Jun. 27, 2009  5:06 AM)Thresher Wrote: I liked it though some humor was unneeded.
What the hell?
(Jul. 13, 2009  12:00 AM)Storm Pegasis Wrote: I swear the movie was awesome!!!!!!!!!
(Aug. 03, 2009  12:55 AM)Storm Wrote: Dude that movie was the bomb!!!!
(Aug. 06, 2009  9:17 PM)redviral Wrote: THAT MOVIE WAS THE SHIZNET.LOL man i can't wait for the 3 and final installment
(Aug. 11, 2009  7:31 PM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: Revenge of the Fallen was probably my favorite I have seen this year and in a pretty good while as far as action.
(Dec. 15, 2009  3:04 AM)darkwind Wrote: That Was my favorite movie ever favorite character Starscream

So, the argument was mostly with To, which is stupid, because I actually really like the guy.
I recal Brad disliking it, and a hoard of followers agreeing with him. I wish I could edit the movie in a way that I like, but blu ray hasn't come that far yet.
Brad indeed disliked it. I'm not sure he even saw it XD

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to like this kind of movies, I'm just curious as to if this movie will get adored for the first few weeks and then hated, as if they just realized that it sucked.

That is assuming this one will be bad, which it might not be.
I think Bay has the ability to follow through on what he said and make this movie better and give it a more serious tone, but we'll have to wait and see if he actually does it.
The thing is, my response to the movie was on opening day. I had just got back from the screening and hadn't thought over what I just saw. All I recalled was glorious robot action, specifically the battle scene in the forest, which is still a great sequence of shots without any disclaimer applied and a huge sense of scale. However, I eventually did watch the movie a few more times in the theatres, each time my liking for the movie lessened as I wasn't in it for the ride anymore, and instead paid attention. What I paid attention to was a poorly paced, continuity error-ridden, and nonsensical film (although it is Transformers, nonsensical is expected). I own the movie, but truth be told I haven't watched all of it more than once since I got it. It'll stay on the shelf as a reminder of things gone by.

Also, I just want to make sure it's clear here, I don't believe any of these movies have been good in their character development. In fact, I'd argue that's the worst offender in the franchise. Various robots walk in without saying more than three lines (looking at Jolt in ROTF, dude had like 2 lines, and one was background noise). It's appaling that two movies in that in a franchise about robot war only four have had any real character development (that being Prime, although he was really brutal in ROTF, Bumblebee, Megatron, and to a lesser extent, Starscream).
They should really get rid of the fleshy humans no one cares about...

Although some would argue that would be like with Avatar, where they get rid of most actors and replace it all with CGI...
(Dec. 23, 2010  11:56 PM)Dude Wrote: They should really get rid of the fleshy humans no one cares about...

Although some would argue that would be like with Avatar, where they get rid of most actors and replace it all with CGI...

Human characters are good, when they are developed, and multidimensional.
I don't even think Jolt made a sound ... > Off topic.

I had the first reaction To had too. The scenes were epic, until the second time I watched it, where I found out they didn't even use the shard to revive Optimus; Jetfire was reborn instead. I then found out it was the worst character development I've ever seen.
You can hear Jolt warn the humans from getting too close when the nerdy military dude threatens to make the Autobots illegal. IIRC you can hear him again when he's used as jumper cables to revive/combine Jetfire with Prime.

(Dec. 24, 2010  12:01 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2010  11:56 PM)Dude Wrote: They should really get rid of the fleshy humans no one cares about...

Human characters are good, when they a developed, and multidimensional.

Sam and Lennox are pretty ok, everyone else, like Simmons and Leo. LOL NO.
Ah, thanks.

Bumblebee prototype (Car mode only):

[Image: 1__scaled_500.jpg]
(Dec. 24, 2010  12:30 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: Ah, thanks.

Bumblebee prototype (Car mode only):

[Image: 1__scaled_500.jpg]

Given the mesh windows, probably has something to do with these:

[Image: DSC06112.jpg]
[Image: 4801025382_7df5ee3dd0_z.jpg]
Yep. Those are the Rally-

Oops, looks like I was wrong. They are the Autobot Wreckers.
New packaging of DOTM:

http://tformers.com/transformers-first-l.../news.html

Optimus Prime:

http://tformers.com/transformers-first-l.../news.html

MechTech:
http://tformers.com/transformers-transfo.../news.html

Voyager Ironhide:

http://tformers.com/transformers-transfo.../news.html

So apparently MechTech gives these bots big honking weapons, ruining the whole look. Thanks to TFormers.
Bay+Spelburg=Awesomeness

I hope Unicron makes an appearence! The more I think of it, the more his name reminds me of Unicorno and Charlie the Unicorn.
i herd that all the autobots are dead in DOTM exept optimus? is that true?
I don't know where you heard that, but I can almost guarantee you it's false.

Mainly because Bumblebee and Ironhide, with Ratchet and most of the gang from ROTF are still here.

Honestly, it's common sense that they would not kill off most of the main characters.
(Dec. 30, 2010  2:40 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: Honestly, it's common sense that they would not kill off most of the main characters.

I beg to differt.

You can't call them main characters when then have like three lines each. And they got rid of Megan Fox, one of the main character!
Ah, i meant like Bumblebee. I posted pics of him a while ago, so I don't get how he said they would've killed off ALL the Autobots except Prime.

I usually call most of the Autobots "main" characters. I don't think they killed off Fox. They probably took her off because of the arguments or something.
(Dec. 30, 2010  4:36 AM)Dude Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2010  2:40 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: Honestly, it's common sense that they would not kill off most of the main characters.

I beg to differt.

You can't call them main characters when then have like three lines each. And they got rid of Megan Fox, one of the main character!

She was actually around right before the film went into production. Either Paramount, Fox, and Bay are keeping a secret, or she got into a dispute with people. She at one time said Bay reminded her of Hitler. Not a good thing to say about the man who made you a career (and one that is more or less over because of that). The despute that got her kicked off was reportedly her weight, or rather a lack thereof and her general health.
I remember her calling Bay "Hitler" and then she carps about being in the sand and Bay making her climb the carping pyramids.

I don't think Megan Fox is in it. All of the shootings I've seen had no Fox in it, except where she was spotted with the Camaro, but that was the first photo (I think) that has surfaced, so she probably got kicked off.