Transformers: Dark of the Moon

That poster is pretty damn generic and doesn't really say anything interesting to the audience other than "AWESOME-LOOKING CGI BADASS GIANT ROBOT" which was basically the premise for the other two movies.

Anyone who wants to see the movie just because of that is quite gullible.

Of course, I haven't read script, so the story itself might be very interesting, unlike the other two which were pretty much "Good Blue-Eyed Robots VS. Bad Red-Eyed Robots" for the first one and the same thing with a new antagonist for the second one...
It's a teaser poster, it's not supposed to tell much of anything (the first movie's teaser was the Autobot and Decepticon logos, ROTFs was the Fallen's face). Although, since everyone knows who Prime is, one could argue it isn't teasing much of anything which is opposite to the teaser trailer.
IM going to see it regardless because I love seeing somethiing once concidered nerdy on the big screen, but I have my fingers crossed on whether it will be good. The first one was good, and the second one was carp when ever robots weren't fighting.
I'm curious as to how Unicron will be involved in this one.

...I speculate that (Click to View)

But thats just me
(Dec. 10, 2010  1:30 AM)Thresher Wrote: IM going to see it regardless

Everyone's going to see it regardless...

I'm glad Mister Bay realized that the second one is crappy and I'm also aware that the conditions during which he worked on the project (i.e The writers' strike) weren't very good for production, but he could just put no effort in the movie and still make more cash than the salary of the president of the United-States.
For most of my transformers info I go to http://www.tfw2005.com/ Everything from g1 to the movie is posted there. Great site if you have any interest in transformers.

DOTM should at least have a better script, considering there was no writers strike.
(Dec. 10, 2010  1:40 AM)JonnB Wrote: I'm curious as to how Unicron will be involved in this one.

...I speculate that (Click to View)

But thats just me

It's been confirmed that soundwave will be the villain in this film so I really doubt we'll be seeing Unicron. Man the trailer looks sick. Can't wait for this movie.
fake it doesn't even have good color.
Here's what to expect (Thanks to TFormers.)

•Plan on a "couple of teasers", so today's "announcement piece" is just the beginning.

•Apollo 11 astronaut & second man on the moon Buzz Aldrin is involved with the film but not sure if on screen or as a consultant.

•Teaser trailer does not have final effects footage, no scene is even 80% done.

•Three editors working on film, ahead of schedule as wants as much time as possible to do "pristine 3D".

•About 5 months of research and testing went into deciding between Real 3D and post conversion.

•Spends about hour and half a day going over visual effects with ILM and Digital Domain.

•ILM is working on about 75% of the film, Digital Domain has the other 25%.

•On 2D footage, "we shot most of my close-ups with faces with anamorphic film, cause that stuff’s easier to
convert and it’s just more beautiful than the digital."

•Bay nicknamed the TF Ferrari as "Dreadbox", doesn't know the official name yet and said that it will have an
Italian accent.

•Humor: "It’s more serious. I got rid of the dorky comedy, I mean we’ve got two little characters, that’s it, but
the dorkiness is not there. Dork-free Transformers. It’s much more serious. It’s still entertaining, it’s big
looking."

•Carly: Is British (like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley), works as assistant as UK Embassy, Sam lives with her but she is paying rent as Sam looks for first job.

•Filming did (or will?) include China and maybe Russia. Africa is scheduled for next month something to with filming elephants (but might be a joke).

•No "sand" in movie so I guess that means no desert sequences

•Doing TF4: "I think this has gotta be it. I think someone else will take the torch from here."
Oh man, but the desert shots are honestly some of the most iconic pieces of this series.
(Dec. 10, 2010  11:25 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: It's been confirmed that soundwave will be the villain in this film so I really doubt we'll be seeing Unicron. Man the trailer looks sick. Can't wait for this movie. Also here's a different trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqVw_YMYp...re=related
You can't seriously expect me to believe that you thought that was real. I've seen HALF of the movies used to splice that together, not to mention the Autobots used as Decepticons, and Jetfire being used as a loyal Decepticon despite his death in the last movie.
Lol I just watched it and you could just tell it was fake XD Especially when the robots used that Type to Speak program.
Looking at it more closely it is obviously fake. I'll take out the link.
Looks good. I think the fact that Bay said TF2 was bad will make this movie more worthwhile.
(Dec. 10, 2010  11:25 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: It's been confirmed that soundwave will be the villain in this film so I really doubt we'll be seeing Unicron. Man the trailer looks sick. Can't wait for this movie.

But What about the Teaser Trailer?
IMO in the end it was obviously Unicron

And Where has it been confirmed that Soundwave is the villain?
i really think that unicron will be in, just because it is dark of the moon, the moon being like a planwet, i have a idea of it:

just my idea how it should go...
(Dec. 11, 2010  8:30 PM)JonnB Wrote: But What about the Teaser Trailer?
IMO in the end it was obviously Unicron

And Where has it been confirmed that Soundwave is the villain?

I don't know if you know this, but Unicron is large enough to eat earth, the robot at the end of the teaser is
INSIDE a derelict spaceship that is SMALLER than the MOON. That definitely was not even close to being Unicron.
That wasn't Unicron. The character in the teaser had blue eyes, and an emotive face. Those are the descriptors of Autobots in Bayverse, ie. Silverbolt or Alpha Trion.
(Dec. 11, 2010  8:47 PM)Thresher Wrote: I don't know if you know this, but Unicron is large enough to eat earth, the robot at the end of the teaser is
INSIDE a derelict spaceship that is SMALLER than the MOON. That definitely was not even close to being Unicron.
After the Moon scene I pretty much thought they changed landscape and that that was Cybertron.
But looking at it ore closely I realize it isn't.
Though the Transformer really looked similar to a design of Unicron

Then Again It was rumored that Sentinel Prime was going to be in the Movie so yeah
I guess That wold be the other obvious choice
Well, gotta be honest, that trailer was pretty damn cool, until we saw the first transformer...which turned into the title?

I hate Bay's "Bzzzzzbzzz-Ptchoobb" to simulate "Robot-Ish sounds" but I'm glad they finally mixed our space program into this carp. I mean, wouldn't someone have noticed?
NWolf, did you just see the 1984 Transformers movie or something? You really won let this Unicron thing go, you're putting way too much thought into it.
The ship in the moon is supposedly the Ark.

You know, the great warship the Autobots used?
Hah
More proof to the whole Sentinel Prime notion
I feel terribly wrong now.