Training

Just wondering how other people try to get better outside of the arena, I have never found anything better but im up for something new.
What do you mean?

Also, how is this related to Beyblade customization?
I use a grip that can calculate yopur RPM, but it is fake RPM. It is harder to pull than a regular launcher and it helps you think of better ways to launch your beyblade to give it a higher RPM (not based on the piece of carp)
What you need to do is get several heavy weights, and connect to a rope. It's better to use a high-friction rubber hosing for grip, but it isn't as easily available.

Bring it about a pulley, and attach a handle to the other end. Train in sets to push your "explosive strength" limit by pulling it out abruptly with your ripcord hand.

To train your gripping hand, suspend the weight above the ground, and drop it abruptly to simulate launching; resist with your gripping hand and prevent moving.

Do this at least a few hundred times everyday, and increase the weights every weeks. You should be able to perform waterfall after that.
(Aug. 04, 2008  12:03 AM)HB Wrote: Just wondering how other people try to get better outside of the arena, I have never found anything better but im up for something new.

Composer of Requiem's advice is probably the best you're going to get for training outside of the stadium.

Outside of his advice, practice inside the stadium, it's the best place to develop basic technique, and the only place to develop basic technique.
(Aug. 05, 2008  9:22 AM)Composer of Requiems Wrote: What you need to do is get several heavy weights, and connect to a rope. It's better to use a high-friction rubber hosing for grip, but it isn't as easily available.

Bring it about a pulley, and attach a handle to the other end. Train in sets to push your "explosive strength" limit by pulling it out abruptly with your ripcord hand.

To train your gripping hand, suspend the weight above the ground, and drop it abruptly to simulate launching; resist with your gripping hand and prevent moving.

Do this at least a few hundred times everyday, and increase the weights every weeks. You should be able to perform waterfall after that.
great!
haha I'll do that
My main version of "Training" is customizing.
(Aug. 05, 2008  11:41 PM)Gotruto Wrote: My main version of "Training" is customizing.

Go work out at the gym.
(Aug. 05, 2008  9:22 AM)Nic Wrote: What you need to do is get several heavy weights, and connect to a rope. It's better to use a high-friction rubber hosing for grip, but it isn't as easily available.

LOL!!! Very interesting. I never actually tried that, but I might. However, what I used to do was to practice on grvael and sand, or other materials of similar textures, and I launched my Beyblades on it. I tried to make it spin for at least a minute to a minute-and-half straight, and I don't stop doing this repeatedly until I make it. LOL! It really worked well for me...
(Aug. 04, 2008  1:04 AM)Gotruto Wrote: I use a grip that can calculate yopur RPM, but it is fake RPM. It is harder to pull than a regular launcher and it helps you think of better ways to launch your beyblade to give it a higher RPM (not based on the piece of carp)

Awesome! I wanna see this! When I read this it reminded me of Kenny's launcher in G-Revolution.
(Oct. 20, 2008  7:03 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2008  1:04 AM)Gotruto Wrote: I use a grip that can calculate yopur RPM, but it is fake RPM. It is harder to pull than a regular launcher and it helps you think of better ways to launch your beyblade to give it a higher RPM (not based on the piece of carp)

Awesome! I wanna see this! When I read this it reminded me of Kenny's launcher in G-Revolution.

where would one get one of these? XD
It's just the old electronic launchers. They're awful.
(Oct. 20, 2008  8:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's just the old electronic launchers. They're awful.

oh i have one of those. he made it seem like it was something different more technological lol
(Oct. 20, 2008  8:16 PM)beymasterkai Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2008  8:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's just the old electronic launchers. They're awful.

he made it seem like it was something different more technological lol

ditto. lol xD
(Aug. 06, 2008  1:49 AM)Nic Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2008  11:41 PM)Gotruto Wrote: My main version of "Training" is customizing.

Go work out at the gym.

I hear roids work better for launching your Beys.
(Aug. 05, 2008  9:22 AM)Nic Wrote: What you need to do is get several heavy weights, and connect to a rope. It's better to use a high-friction rubber hosing for grip, but it isn't as easily available.

Whoa is that how that kid did it? SECRET REVEALED. GO GO GO LET'S ALL LEARN THE WATERFALL!!!111

Rocky training montage O.o? *eye of the tiger*
Lol I just practice my punching XD training my arms and upper body for a powerful pull with body movement. lol I knew karate and akido would be useful eventually XD
(Oct. 20, 2008  10:37 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote:

Rocky training montage O.o? *eye of the tiger*

Are you taking this seriously?

Go to Beywiki and look up Waterfall, that'll clear some stuff up

(Oct. 21, 2008  3:07 AM)Shadow Wrote: Lol I just practice my punching XD training my arms and upper body for a powerful pull with body movement. lol I knew karate and akido would be useful eventually XD

I got arm and upper body strength through puberty

Ever heard of it, it really works
(Oct. 22, 2008  12:03 AM)Grey Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2008  3:07 AM)Shadow Wrote: Lol I just practice my punching XD training my arms and upper body for a powerful pull with body movement. lol I knew karate and akido would be useful eventually XD

I got arm and upper body strength through puberty

Ever heard of it, it really works

That's natural body build. Just sleep more if you want muscles guys.

why do u need to work out to beyblade???? O.o
(Oct. 22, 2008  2:27 AM)taru678 Wrote:

why do u need to work out to beyblade???? O.o

Physical Strength is actually a really big factor. My dad beats me a lot simply because when he pulls the winder you can hear the blade cutting the air the spin rate is that crazy. My dad is a welder so his upper body strength is obviously superior.
(Oct. 22, 2008  1:17 PM)Train Wrote: Physical Strength is actually a really big factor. My dad beats me a lot simply because when he pulls the winder you can hear the blade cutting the air the spin rate is that crazy. My dad is a welder so his upper body strength is obviously superior.

It'd be so cool if my father played beyblade with me.
Lol I dont train my punching for beyblade. I'm in karate and akido lol so naturally it works out pretty well beyblading well for me anyway