[Tournament report draft] Back to the first Burst!

Picture:
[Image: Pics_Art_02_09_12_13_26_zpsq2vwptlx.jpg]

This was the banner used for the tournament.

Name: Back to the first Burst!
Date: March 29, 2016
Host: Maximum Dranzer
Number of Participants: 8 (Burst); 9 (MFB; Standard)
Format: Burst and MFB
Location: Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400066, India

The “Back to the first Burst” event was held at Sanjay Gandhi National Park, the usual tournament location for the Mumbai community. The tournament commenced at 9:30 am and concluded at around 12:30 pm. It had two formats, MFB (Standard) and Burst. Both formats were hosted by Maximum Dranzer.

Participants

1.   Maximum Dranzer
2.   Ashton Pinto
3.   Alex Mercer
4.   FIREFIRE
5.   Zee_786
6.   AaryanBITW
7.   Oi Shinji
8.   Jksiddh (Did not participate in the Burst format)
9.   Disaster

Tournament report

The format used for the tournaments was “Round Robin”, the players with the most number of wins battled their way into the finals. In the MFB format, the players ranked top three were Ashton Pinto, Alex Mercer and Jksiddh, their win-loss ratio being 11-3, 9-5 and 7-7, respectively. Jksiddh placing third was a surprise because he was new to the tournament scene. For the Burst format, everybody had to borrow parts from Ashton Pinto because Burst was not that popular in India at that time. The players who ranked top three were Ashton Pinto, Zee_786 and Maximum Dranzer, their win-loss ratio being 8-1, 6-3 and 6-3, respectively. Ashton Pinto placed first in both formats and well, this was not a surprise.

The Standard MFB format was really fun, the battles being intense and heated. Most of the players used Attack types which made the battles even more exciting. Ashton Pinto’s Death Aquario BD145 CS combo turned out to be really strong and almost won every battle. Alex Mercer’s Genbu Dragoon SA165 RDF also fared pretty well and won a lot of battles by “spin-stealing”. Jksiddh’s Death Cancer B:D combo was more stamina-oriented and was surprisingly able to avoid being KO’d by the other players’ Attack type combos. Ashton Pinto placed first by defeating Alex Mercer and Jksiddh with a streak in the finals with his Death Aquario BD145 CS combo.

The Burst format was a little chaotic because it was the first time for most of the players. This format took longer to complete because of the high number of mislaunches. The Xcalibur Force Xtreme combo used by a majority of the participants was able to win most of its battles with a Burst-finish. On the other hand, Deathscyther Spread Defense won most of its battles with a Spin-finish. Ashton Pinto won the finals by defeating Zee_786 and Maximum Dranzer with a streak using his Deathscyther Spread Defense combo, and hence placed first. It was not the best “first” experience, but everyone overall had a great time.

Ashton Pinto also donated a lot of prizes, listed at the end of the report.

Winning combos and Final Scores for MFB

1st Place - Ashton Pinto: MF-H Death Aquario BD145 CS, MSF-H Bahamdia Dragooon BD145 RF, Wyvang Dragooon LW105LRF, Wyvang Dragooon SA165 WD (11-3)
2nd  Place - Alex Mercer: Pegasus Pegasus 100 RF, Genbu Dragoon SA165 RDF (9-5)
3rd Place- Jksiddh: Death Cancer B:D (7-7)
4th Place- Maximum Dranzer (5-3)
5th Place- FIREFIRE (4-4)
6th Place- Zee_786 (4-4)
7th Place-Oi Shinji (4-4)
8h Place- AaryanBITW (1-7)
9th Place- Disaster (0-8)

Winning combos and Final Scores for Burst

1st Place - Ashton Pinto: Deathscyther Spread Defense (8-1)
2nd  Place - Zee_786: Minoboros Oval Quake (6-3)
3rd Place- Maximum Dranzer : Excalibur Force Xtreme (6-3)
4th Place- FIREFIRE (4-3)
5th Place- Disaster (4-3)
6th Place- Oi Shinji (2-6)
7th Place- AaryanBITW (1-7)
8h Place- Alex Mercer (0-8)  

Prizes donated by Ashton Pinto

[Image: image.jpg]

References:
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-29th-Ma...RST--72373
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uq9zepoub6jn3j....xlsx?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2xllbwga7o9vj....xlsx?dl=0

Trivia
This was India's first Burst event.

Credits: Maximum Dranzer (Results spreadsheet), Ashton Pinto (Images), Oi Shinji (Draft)
@[~Mana~]
Is this good? ^^'
I do not know if we will keep the Burst event description part of this, so can you try to write more about the Standard-format tournament as if it was a standalone?
(Jan. 21, 2017  2:47 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I do not know if we will keep the Burst event description part of this, so can you try to write more about the Standard-format tournament as if it was a standalone?

Hm, I don't really remember much about the preliminaries, so could I write about the matches I remember?
Sure, that will help, at least.
(Jan. 21, 2017  5:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Sure, that will help, at least.

This may take a little while... I don't really remember anything significant, so I've tried asking the other members who attended the event, haha

Is that fine?
Oh for sure, anybody who attended the tournament can contribute to completing the article.
(Jan. 22, 2017  1:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh for sure, anybody who attended the tournament can contribute to completing the article.

Sounds great!
(Jan. 22, 2017  1:53 AM)Oi Shinji Wrote: Sounds great!

BTW I was thinking to write draft of this during scavenger hunt but I wasn't able to recall anything other then combinations used by everyone (I know it's weird but for some reason I still remember all combinations used by all at all events I attended)  so I thought to leave it to someone else or Priyank (Maximum Dranzer) to write this article. BTW about burst format I can give little more information on what all used. Maybe you can use that in draft

IIRC most bladers used stock XFX but me and Maximum Dranzer switched disk to Central in some battles and I used XCD and KCD in some battles. Reason Zee_786 was able to win most of his battles because like I said that time too, that most of blader's launchers were extremely skippy (except mine which is still good) so most battles were very calm and no Burst or KOs. as he used that Minoboros Oval Quak it had more stamina then XFX so ya

did you tried taking help of @[Maximum Dranzer]? After all he was host so maybe he can give us some more information to write on article
(Jan. 22, 2017  2:38 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: BTW I was thinking to write draft of this during scavenger hunt but I wasn't able to recall anything other then combinations used by everyone (I know it's weird but for some reason I still remember all combinations used by all at all events I attended)  so I thought to leave it to someone else or Priyank (Maximum Dranzer) to write this article. BTW about burst format I can give little more information on what all used. Maybe you can use that in draft

IIRC most bladers used stock XFX but me and Maximum Dranzer switched disk to Central in some battles and I used XCD and KCD in some battles. Reason Zee_786 was able to win most of his battles because like I said that time too, that most of blader's launchers were extremely skippy (except mine which is still good) so most battles were very calm and no Burst or KOs. as he used that Minoboros Oval Quak it had more stamina then XFX so ya

did you tried taking help of @[Maximum Dranzer]? After all he was host so maybe he can give us some more information to write on article

Hey, thanks for that information. I'll try asking him. Smile

But yo, I'm asking about the Standard format, haha
Hmm,sounds good thanks for the information that you have posted on here.