[Toronto, Ontario] Beyblade North 2016, May 27 – 29

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: 7cc7xq8.png]
@ ANIME NORTH 2016, May 27 – 29

Toronto Congress Centre – Hall B
650 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1J1

[Image: AKLDNMU.jpg]

ABOUT BEYBLADE NORTH

Experience three days of high-speed battling action and Beyblade giveaways at BEYBLADE NORTH 2016! Get expert hands-on training with Beyblade Burst, the explosive new series straight from Japan, and compete against rival Bladers for huge prizes!

EVENT SCHEDULE

Our booth will be open for the majority of convention hours across all three days. We'll be running one tournament on each day, with the remainder of time dedicated to free play, side events, and training for new and intermediate Bladers.

Friday — 5 to 9 PM
  • Metal Fusion/Fight Limited Tournament: 7 PM

Saturday — 10 AM to 7 PM
  • Beyblade Burst 101: 10:30 AM
  • Beyblade Burst Tournament: 12:00 PM

Sunday — 10 AM to 3 PM
  • Heavy Metal System Tournament: 10:30 AM

GIVEAWAYS – BEYRAFFLE AND #BEYSELFIE

Enter the BeyRaffle by attending either Beyblade Burst 101 or the Beyblade Burst tournament on Saturday — preferably, both! We'll be giving away awesome prizes, just a few of which can be seen above. (The Beyblade Burst 101 raffle will prioritize new players over experienced Bladers.)

Plus, Beyblade North will have a #BeySelfie contest all of its own! Post your BeySelfie on Instagram (tagged with #BeySelfie and #WorldBeyblade) from our booth on Friday and Saturday for a chance to win a gold Xcalibur Force Xtreme (which you can pick up on Sunday – keep an eye on your Instagram comments!).

And of course, the winners of each tournament will all receive fabulous prizes.

Many prizes generously donated by Zankye's Beyblade World – check him out on YouTube!

Not sure what to expect? Check out these videos from previous Anime North events:

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jan. 06, 2016  4:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 06, 2016  4:52 AM)RagerBlade Wrote: No qualifiers means no Rager unfortunately. My parents would never let me go all the way up to Toronto for Beyblade.

Well, I don't think the qualifier would help then :')

It very easily could though. I know if I hadn't won the Qualifiers I definitely would not have been able to go to the past couple AN's. The paid flight/transportation not only immensely helped finances for the trip but also definitely helped entice uneasy parents about traveling to another country just for spinning tops, haha. Asking to travel (to another country) to play tops is kinda pushing it for some instances, but when the transportation and access into the convention itself is free, that does open a whole new window. Tongue_out

That's just me though, haha. Anyhow, hope this goes well enough and the once Burst reaches the states and the hobby grows popular again, we get enough funding for future Qualifiers because they were incredible, really. Helped people experience AN when they may not have otherwise.
A good enticer for my parents was the fact that I told them I would pay for all of it.
(Jan. 07, 2016  2:52 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: A good enticer for my parents was the fact that I told them I would pay for all of it.

Unfortunately alot of us are fairly young and don't have the kind of money yet to spend on a trip; a good portion probably can't even have real jobs yet, haha. Especially I know alot of us are in or near the college age; money isn't as easy to come by for some as others.

As much as I love the idea of small amounts building up overtime to a big fund, I don't think shoveling snow is going to get me to AN, haha. Wink
Sorry for those of you who expected qualifiers, but we don't even have close to enough money to afford it :')

Ideally, I would like to see more organizers run large events at conventions rather than having to bring everyone to Anime North. But AN is certainly a unique experience.
(Jan. 07, 2016  2:54 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2016  2:52 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: A good enticer for my parents was the fact that I told them I would pay for all of it.

Unfortunately alot of us are fairly young and don't have the kind of money yet to spend on a trip; a good portion probably can't even have real jobs yet, haha. Especially I know alot of us are in or near the college age; money isn't as easy to come by for some as others.

As much as I love the idea of small amounts building up overtime to a big fund, I don't think shoveling snow is going to get me to AN, haha. Wink

You'd be surprised! Babysitting for 4 hours can net you a solid $40, and if you start saving in December (like I have), it easily adds up. I've already had enough money to pay for my passes and hotel, along with December releases. (Christmas money also helped!)

However, I doubt that everyone has the same opportunities as I have, but seriously, I'd try if I were you lol (my bad, didn't mean for it to come of as rude as it did).
(Jan. 07, 2016  3:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Sorry for those of you who expected qualifiers, but we don't even have close to enough money to afford it :')

Ideally, I would like to see more organizers run large events at conventions rather than having to bring everyone to Anime North. But AN is certainly a unique experience.

Hopefully everyone sees the good side of our 'harder' financial situation though : the Organizers, who were usually the ones coming over to Anime North in the past few years, are staying locally ! So now perhaps we will see a return of large number of events all around the world for BeyDays rather than nobody being out there to host besides in Toronto, hah ?

I personally would love to see everybody we helped bring over before back again in 2016 at Anime North, but as a Committee Member, it also gives me a lot of optimism for great BeyDays this year, and of course I place the world's benefit before my own. I was seriously getting worried that Anime North had become too big of a thing, and we were contemplating making arrangements because BeyDays simply could not hold the meaning it had anymore.
lol Maryland isn't going to have any previous hosts there ... Time will be at either college or AN, but he can't go to MD, and obviously Stars and I will be at AN.
Any word on Arupaeo, or Tech ? Ideally, every host should try to see if anybody can stay locally to organise an event for BeyDays if they leave during that time. Or teach someone new how to host, of course.
(Jan. 07, 2016  3:24 AM)*Ginga* Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2016  2:54 AM)Leone19 Wrote:

You'd be surprised! Babysitting for 4 hours can net you a solid $40, and if you start saving in December (like I have), it easily adds up. I've already had enough money to pay for my passes and hotel, along with December releases. (Christmas money also helped!)

However, I doubt that everyone has the same opportunities as I have, but seriously, I'd try if I were you lol (Oh, and I think part of the reason you're disappointed is because it's really easy for you to place 1st, there aren't many good Bladers (top 100) in Connecticut).

Uh... excuse me...? My only point I attempted to make in my most recent post was that Qualifiers did indeed help people by giving them more of an opportunity to go to AN , I hope that they return when funds are better, and that unfortunately not everyone could afford to go on their own. No need to personally attack me or how "easy it is for me to place". Not appreciated.
Yeah, let's please keep this friendly. No need to say something like that.
Yeah, my bad guys. I didn't mean to make it come out like it did, but there's no real excuse haha. I have no doubt in your competitive ability Leone. Smile

(Jan. 07, 2016  3:38 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Any word on Arupaeo, or Tech ? Ideally, every host should try to see if anybody can stay locally to organise an event for BeyDays if they leave during that time. Or teach someone new how to host, of course.

Not sure about either of them, but Tech isn't the most interested in Beyblade anymore. She told me herself that she mostly came for the people haha.
Hm, too bad about Maryland then, if nobody else can be showed how to host until then. However, overall, I really hope to see better BeyDays for 2016, in other areas of North America and, of course, the rest of the world, compared to the declining numbers we have been getting in the past years that were not just due to a global decline in interest.
(Jan. 07, 2016  4:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, too bad about Maryland then, if nobody else can be showed how to host until then. However, overall, I really hope to see better BeyDays for 2016, in other areas of North America and, of course, the rest of the world, compared to the declining numbers we have been getting in the past years that were not just due to a global decline in interest.

I'll definitely be hosting for CT this year; missed last year for a good reason, haha.
(Jan. 07, 2016  4:05 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2016  4:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, too bad about Maryland then, if nobody else can be showed how to host until then. However, overall, I really hope to see better BeyDays for 2016, in other areas of North America and, of course, the rest of the world, compared to the declining numbers we have been getting in the past years that were not just due to a global decline in interest.

I'll definitely be hosting for CT this year; missed last year for a good reason, haha.

Hah alright, thank you in advance, good to see Connecticut represented and I hope we can work towards a great turnout for you.
To be fair, we kinda positioned BeyDays just around Anime North because it was convenient for us ...
Yo, any ideas on formats yet?
I'm sure Burst is going to be a thing, so that's cool.
Also, how many hours does the WBO event run typically?
(Jan. 07, 2016  4:22 AM)Neo Wrote: Yo, any ideas on formats yet?

Burst is the main Saturday event. As for the other formats, I think we all have our own opinions on it. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

For me, the goal is to have our booth open most hours of the convention for free play and socializing. But I have no idea what kind of space we will have or if that would even be possible.
(Jan. 07, 2016  4:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2016  4:22 AM)Neo Wrote: Yo, any ideas on formats yet?

Burst is the main Saturday event. As for the other formats, I think we all have our own opinions on it. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

For me, the goal is to have our booth open most hours of the convention for free play and socializing. But I have no idea what kind of space we will have or if that would even be possible.

My ideas?
Well, HMS would be awesome. I must've seen the BeyChannel videos 100 times over, by now.
Plastics would be cool, but I don't think the general populous would agree with me on that one!

(no one should expect me to ask for mfb lol)
HMS and ZRG would be pretty cool i guess... I dont really like MFB, and ZRG is just the best out of the MFB formats IMO.
I prefer no more than 2 tournaments cause I still wanna walk around to see other panels and such.

I would say Standard and Burst would be good enough, possibly Standard on a Friday night?
Yeah, I never got why BeyDays had to be the same weekend as Anime North, always seemed a little counter intuitive to me. On another note, I would love to see each format played once throughout the weekend. Maybe something distributed like Limited and Plastics on Friday, Burst and Standard (so as to avoid any confusion on the parts new bladers can use since Saturday is the biggest event) on Saturday, and Zero-G and HMS on Sunday. and @[*Ginga*] lol, nahh I'll be out of school by then, its not a question of whether I'll be at school or at anime north it's more of a question of where my internship/job will be. @[Kai-V] I think Arupaeo actually would be willing to host if the weekend ever worked for him, I know for the last three tournaments it hasn't been a lack of interest, but rather a lack of availability. If geetster99 isn't coming he would be a likely option as well.
(Jan. 07, 2016  6:33 AM)Time Wrote: On another note, I would love to see each format played once throughout the weekend. Maybe something distributed like Limited and Plastics on Friday, Burst and Standard (so as to avoid any confusion on the parts new bladers can use since Saturday is the biggest event) on Saturday, and Zero-G and HMS on Sunday.

I really like that schedule. Since its the biggest WBO event as of now, having all formats is cool.
Still gotta have to time to purge for Kamen Rider toys, tho m8!
Although I am primarily going for Beyblade.
I have my weekend pass, and will be going with a couple of friends! Might grab a hotel, we'll see though.

I'll try to drop by to say hi or maybe judge a few matches if you need em. (Can't say for sure how useful I'll be though for judging burst)
Regardless, nice to see that the community is still trying as hard as ever. c:
Guys, we already had a jam-packed weekend of events two years ago. It was just not ideal for anybody, especially not for those who want to explore the convention after buying a pricy pass, and everyone was way too spent when Sunday came. I know you want to make it worthwhile, but I think it would just be detrimental overall, if 2014's experience is anything to go by.