[Toronto, Ontario, 9/4/11] Project Beyhem, 2.0!

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

...Who said that admins can be the only ones who make annual tournaments?
Me and Flamedragon25 are back with Project beyhem, 2.0!

Name: Project Beyhem, 2.0!
Date: September the 4th, 2011. The main tournament will start at 12:00pm (noon), but starting from around 11:30 will be open for free play.
Format: MFB/B:MF, Universal for free battles.
Cost: The cost to enter a official WBO tournament is $5.00, or $10.00 for a Blader's Passport! A Blader's Passport Will earn you a cool Passport face, and let you go to WBO tournaments year round for free!
Prizes: To be shown at the tournament.
Venue: High Park, at the Gazebo.

If you're interested, please let us know here so we can start building an attendance list. Hope to see you
there!
On the day of the tournament, if anyone is unsure of where to go, please wait at the Bloor entrance of High Park (as shown on the map here). At around 11:55am, I'll walk back to the entrance just in case there are any lost people.

All stadiums are welcome for free play, if you can supply a tournament legal stadium for us to use for this tournament, please bring it. Attack stadium would be the most preferred, and if you can bring even any stadium, please wash it with soap and water and dry it before bringing it to the event. This may seem like an odd request, however most of us prefer not having “gunk” on the bottom of our beyblades, which could affect performance.

We'd also recommend that if you do intend to take part in the tournament, then bring your own beys. This may sound like an obvious suggestion, but in the past people have come without, expecting to borrow other blader's blades. This would not be a problem, but more than half the blades that have been lent out to people have either come back damaged from improper use, or not come back at all. Obviously this has made people a lot more reluctant to lend out their own beys.

SIDE EVENT: We are also going to hold a small side event for this tournament, it won't go towards beyrank,faces, or credits, however there will be small prizes to be won. I won't spoil it for now, however I strongly suggest everybody bring their dark wheels!

Please tell us if you can make it to this event, by writing “attending” or “possible” so we can gauge of how many bladers will be attending this event. Now, what are you still doing reading this thread? After all, it’s time to jump back in the beyhem once again!

Attendees:
Pockyx3
Flamedragon25
Kei
Ryu201
Asianinvansion00
Jesse Obre
Bey-Bro
LDD
Capricorn7
Zodiac King
TylerPT
Pikablader
Bennunes17
Majinshadow11
Cookies^^
mp3guy3
Zeoflamebyxis
loldude337
LegitTiredMonster
JwalkerBrandon
Del
Summonkeep3
Davidblader2004

Possible Attendees:
Samsammysammy
JonathanHoracio
Deikalio
RLeoneGT
To
Djkkdcb
Kevintheawesome
Pyrus10000
Pegasus3510
JwalkerBrandon's friend (x2)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Sep. 05, 2011  4:29 AM)Deikailo Wrote: If you remember who won what and who was in the finals bracket, you could ask everyone to remember what order they played everyone in and find common match-ups that way. It's not impossible to figure out.

There's no way to definitively prove that everything is recorded correctly after the fact. We could have maybe pieced together something that we thought was close, but that isn't good enough.

(Sep. 05, 2011  5:21 AM)FlameDragon25 Wrote: Also are you going to at least count who got the top 3 places, so that we get the credits/faces?

Yes. The only thing that won't be done is the processing of the semi-finals.
(Sep. 05, 2011  5:35 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2011  4:29 AM)Deikailo Wrote: If you remember who won what and who was in the finals bracket, you could ask everyone to remember what order they played everyone in and find common match-ups that way. It's not impossible to figure out.

There's no way to definitively prove that everything is recorded correctly after the fact. We could have maybe pieced together something that we thought was close, but that isn't good enough.
If I can still remember the order I played everyone in HPT3 (for the most part), I'm sure everyone can remember what happened a few hours ago.

How can you even prove that the hosts records from other tournaments are always accurate after tournaments outside of Toronto? Easy, someone is going to say something if it isn't. You have what, 5 guys that I know of that were there to witness it and are very intelligent. You can play detective with this.

You know, this is the second time you've told me that in the last four months.
(Sep. 05, 2011  5:40 AM)Deikailo Wrote: How can you even prove that the hosts records from other tournaments are always accurate after tournaments outside of Toronto? Easy, someone is going to say something if it isn't. You have what, 5 guys that I know of that were there to witness it and are very intelligent. You can play detective with this.

The thing is that they tried to do that already, and while it was a valient effort, after looking at their attempted numbering for five minutes I had already found an undisputable error. (A person who left halfway through the semis having the last battle.) I don't even know when that battle happened (if it did at all), but the mere fact that no one else noticed it when they were putting together the results just shouts unreliability to me.
Did you ask everyone individually or did you just group them together and ask? Because if you group them together, that just causes confusion and some people will begin to second guess themselves based on what another person says.
It was just Pocky and maybe FlameDragon doing it.
i remember a lot of matches but only i can remember 75% chance of the orderof the matches since i was judging a couple in semi's
and im retiring from beyblade for a while so u won't c me that much in tourneys
(Sep. 05, 2011  1:03 PM)JesseObre Wrote: and im retiring from beyblade for a while so u won't c me that much in tourneys

I do not know you or the state of your interest prior to this event, but for someone to quit Beyblade after one of our tournaments, it is a huge disappointment, like we failed a lot ...
The tourney felt awkward at the end because it's on the second last day of summer. Oh well, it was fun spending it with people of the WBO! Smile I also spent a lot of money at the tourney, not sure how much.
(Sep. 05, 2011  4:51 PM)Cookies^^ Wrote: The tourney felt awkward at the end because it's on the second last day of summer. Oh well, it was fun spending it with people of the WBO! Smile I also spent a lot of money at the tourney, not sure how much.

None of you had started school before ? I had my first few classes last week already.
(Sep. 05, 2011  4:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2011  1:03 PM)JesseObre Wrote: and im retiring from beyblade for a while so u won't c me that much in tourneys

I do not know you or the state of your interest prior to this event, but for someone to quit Beyblade after one of our tournaments, it is a huge disappointment, like we failed a lot ...

this is not my first tournament this is my 7th or 6th and its not because of this big problem im quiting im retiring because i have to go on my studies since school is starting and if i don't i will get in trouble
When is the video going to be up.
mines might take 5-7 days because of school tomorow and i won't have a lot of time but Daegor's i dont know
(Sep. 05, 2011  5:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote: None of you had started school before ? I had my first few classes last week already.

Around here at least, most people are starting on Tuesday.

(Sep. 05, 2011  5:56 PM)JesseObre Wrote: this is not my first tournament this is my 7th or 6th and its not because of this big problem im quiting im retiring because i have to go on my studies since school is starting and if i don't i will get in trouble

Like I told you yesterday, would you really not have the time for even one tournament each month?
Sigh... I might not be able to go to all the tournaments cuz i have school EVERY day. D: But i do know i might go to the Anime North 2012 Tournament Grin
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:16 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2011  5:56 PM)JesseObre Wrote: this is not my first tournament this is my 7th or 6th and its not because of this big problem im quiting im retiring because i have to go on my studies since school is starting and if i don't i will get in trouble
Like I told you yesterday, would you really not have the time for even one tournament each month?
It's a lot more than just that. There's practicing involved, testing, etc. Jesse is the kind of guy that aims to win and play his hardest. I think he just doesn't want his game to be less than what he's capable of and prefers to go on hiatus than to deliver you a sub-par opponent.
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:26 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:16 PM)Kei Wrote:
It's a lot more than just that. There's practicing involved, testing, etc. Jesse is the kind of guy that aims to win and play his hardest. I think he just doesn't want his game to be less than what he's capable of and prefers to go on hiatus than to deliver you a sub-par opponent.

well yah i have 2 work very hard becuase im a 12 year old boy in grade 7 and i have 2 work very hard in my intermidiante class if i wanna keep my grades up.
I would go 2 more tournaments if i had a job but my mom doesn't pay anymore for delevring food and helping cooking

ihave to say that the best battles i had were with daegor, jesse and valentin in the semis
I cant believe i made it to semis!!Though Im new,i have to say,i did a decent job.btw check me out on youtube!(same username as here) youtube.com/ZeoFlameByxis
What format was this? Double Elimination, Block Round robin....

It might be on the OP but I cant seem to find it.
Yesterday was awesome! I enjoyed my first event!
Hm, alright since I can now post:
Sorry for what happened yesterday guys, as Danielle said, I accept all responsibility. Me and Flamedragon25 might try again next year and keep this yearly tournament going (If it gets approved again) so keep an eye out.
Once again, sorry; I'm glad that some people enjoyed it though, as I'm sure I did.
So erm.... What were you gonna use for the prizes for the Dark Tournement anyways Pocky?
Huh? Well...That's a secret. We never said we completely abandoned the idea.
(We might suggest the idea to the next person who makes a tournament in Toronto.)
Video is up on the link here its my second channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGDUZwB9L...ideo_title 1st channel can't sign in 2