[Toronto, Ontario, 8/7/2010] Bey Fray - Dufferin Grove Park

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Toronto area bladers, here comes another tournament heading your way! Do you have the skill, the luck, the preserverence to win one of three top prizes? If you think you do... join the Fray.

Location: This tournament will be held at Dufferin Grove Park. It's located just a short walk south of Dufferin station.
Date: Saturday, August 7th, 2010.
Time: The tournament will start at 12:00 P.M. (noon) but you should get there at 11:30am.
Cost: It will cost $5 to enter just this tournament, or you can purchase a Blader Passport for $10 to have access to tournaments for the whole year.
Format: Standard Format - This means MFB/B:MF for the main tournament, and no Metal System Libra wheel. Feel free to bring HMS, plastics, or Libra for free battles.

Prizes: Regardless of numbers, the top three players will still recieve prizes. As an incentive for getting people to come though, if on the day of the tournament there are at least 14 participants, I will personally put up a mint Stardust Pegasis 100RF for the first place prize as well.

Directions: If you're taking the subway, get off at Dufferin station and walk a block and a half south.
If I'm not at the entrance, chances are I've already went to the tournament grounds. Follw the path and you should find me.
Video Directions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyoYxcbGXIA
[Image: DGPmap.jpg?t=1279333839]

Attendees:
Daegor42
Pyro
stormey
Kevin7555
Tyler7555
Dan
TehBrownSauce
nightleone4227
smano
gurugulu
KyoAkiyama
majinshadow11
nov1c3
Tyson141
Marco
mizu
pegasus3510
Red_Dragon
drakeish23
sonic19983
SGTOserpent
Gemiosking66
mchlbant

Possible Attendees:
LanceV
Pockyx3
To
Minion
BladingBrian
~Kenji~
darkgasher5848
Crabby114
DomoBoi
sharksfan19
bob1234
WindLeone
Khel
kool-kid9980
StormPegasus12
candycayne99
Matrix
WhyHelloThere
80stickfigs
FlameDragon25
Kei
nick1117
JordRawr
nightwolf7788
pegases106
beybladepwns
robin1
snot
GeneralHawx
ldragoeatsfood
ldragoeatsfood2
Bttuiop
kai 1
TylerPT

Other information: This might seem obvious, but if you wish to participate, it would be best if you bring your own Beyblades. There will be no blades provided for you to borrow.
If it is sunny, make sure to bring adequete protection, and cool water. We will be outside for a while.
If you have access to a stadium, please bring it. Even if it's not competitively viable, we can still use it for free play.
There is now a Facebook event page for this.
There is now a sales thread. Please talk about sales in there.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Aug. 08, 2010  12:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Great job guys

I honestly couldn't believe how large the turnout was. I mean, can you remember if any of the tournaments you (or anybody else) hosted for OtC ever came close to that amount?

(Aug. 08, 2010  12:45 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: I should have practiced double elimination brackets before hand. I carped up a couple times.

Despite us screwing up numerous times, after this tournament I think I have a much better grasp on how to format double elimination. Anybody who was at BRC will know how much of a mess that was LOL.

(Aug. 08, 2010  12:50 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Almost an hour of video footage to edit. Yay?

hey bro, get that stuff uploaded to megaupload and you can wash your hands of it (really, I think it is silly to have two videos anyways, and it will get more exposure on BeyChannel)! Tongue_out_wink

edit:
(Aug. 08, 2010  1:13 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Aya... I hope Kei has unlimited bandwidth. 2.4 gigs worth of footage.

You should have just given me your SD card like I asked!

I went 6-2 by the way, for anybody wondering. That damn SF custom ... Haha.
(Aug. 08, 2010  1:16 AM)Kei Wrote: hey bro, get that stuff uploaded to megaupload and you can wash your hands of it (really, I think it is silly to have two videos anyways, and it will get more exposure on BeyChannel)! Tongue_out_wink

I suppose. I really wanted to try my hand at editing this though.

(Aug. 08, 2010  1:16 AM)Kei Wrote: You should have just given me your SD card like I asked!

I wasn't expecting over 2 gigs of footage, lol. That's more than your SD card has, haha...
Oh yeah I forgot, 9-1, 8-1, or 7-1 either of those. Tongue_out
I think I was like 6-2...
Cause me and Kei both lost in the second tier of the losers bracket.
1 - 2. I suck in competitions. I choked so hard in my curling finals too. My rink was ranked first, and then we got swept out of the playoffs 'cause of me. I need to deal with pressure better.

EDIT: I was skip, if anyone cares.
I never knew you curled, but now that I think of it I could see you curling. Tongue_out
I have some footage myself. I'm making a video right now. It will be suckish compared to yours but still.
Finally came home, had a looooooong day today.
I think I went 3-2?
(Aug. 08, 2010  12:50 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Almost an hour of video footage to edit. Yay?
An hour of footage? wowBGasp, hope you cut out most of the stamina battles or at least speed it up a bit when you post it up.
Oh and are you guys going to be posting the top 5 or 10 list anytime soon?
editGrinaegor42 or anyone else, how do you check your BeyRank and how do you know when you purchased a blader passport?

p.s don't ever eat a Triple Baconator at Wendy's ever again........it's like taking 5 years off your life.....
Hey I got the passport but how would they know if I go to another tournament?
(Aug. 08, 2010  4:12 PM)SGTOserpent Wrote: Hey I got the passport but how would they know if I go to another tournament?
You will get a Face, and there will be a list of Passport Holders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA3uE5tsVtI

I made a video with the footage I got from bey fray. How is it for a beginner?
(Aug. 08, 2010  7:24 PM)funkid65 Wrote: so what were the prizes?

First Prize: First choice of three Hasbro Faceoff Packs + Choice of Stardust Pegasis 100RF or Aquario 105F

Second Prize: Second choice of three Hasbro Faceoff Packs

Third Prize: Third choice of three Hasbro Faceoff Packs
Are the beypoints gonna be updated soon?
(Aug. 09, 2010  12:42 AM)gurugulu Wrote: Are the beypoints gonna be updated soon?

Ah, I'm getting around to it. I'm kind of swamped with work right now though. I promise I'll finish writing them up within a day or two.
I don't think that anyone would choose Aquario over Stardust.
Sounded like fun, but now I wish I went to Canada for vacation.
Or for at least a competition :\
(Aug. 09, 2010  1:47 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: I don't think that anyone would choose Aquario over Stardust.

A man can dream, can't he?
(Aug. 09, 2010  1:47 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: I don't think that anyone would choose Aquario over Stardust.

Not unless they already had a stardust.
I wouldn;t mind an Aquario.
Stardust is rare, and Aquario already has a re-release.
(Aug. 09, 2010  2:15 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Stardust is rare, and Aquario already has a re-release.

Stardust would never get used, Aquario has not been released in Canada.
Don't worry Daegor your Stardust is going to be kept mint forever!
(Aug. 09, 2010  2:25 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2010  2:15 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Stardust is rare, and Aquario already has a re-release.

Stardust would never get used, Aquario has not been released in Canada.

Wait, are you saying that they're both still valuable?
I get your reasoning, but Aquario isn't the best attack type...
(Aug. 09, 2010  3:17 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Wait, are you saying that they're both still valuable?
I get your reasoning, but Aquario isn't the best attack type...

Someone got to the finals with Storm Pegasis 125SF. To quote Kei: "Sometimes sucky beyblades win".
Semi finals**
Hah, that's pretty funny. But sometimes you need a little luck.

Marco, what was your winning combo?