[Toronto, Ontario, 8/7/2010] Bey Fray - Dufferin Grove Park

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Toronto area bladers, here comes another tournament heading your way! Do you have the skill, the luck, the preserverence to win one of three top prizes? If you think you do... join the Fray.

Location: This tournament will be held at Dufferin Grove Park. It's located just a short walk south of Dufferin station.
Date: Saturday, August 7th, 2010.
Time: The tournament will start at 12:00 P.M. (noon) but you should get there at 11:30am.
Cost: It will cost $5 to enter just this tournament, or you can purchase a Blader Passport for $10 to have access to tournaments for the whole year.
Format: Standard Format - This means MFB/B:MF for the main tournament, and no Metal System Libra wheel. Feel free to bring HMS, plastics, or Libra for free battles.

Prizes: Regardless of numbers, the top three players will still recieve prizes. As an incentive for getting people to come though, if on the day of the tournament there are at least 14 participants, I will personally put up a mint Stardust Pegasis 100RF for the first place prize as well.

Directions: If you're taking the subway, get off at Dufferin station and walk a block and a half south.
If I'm not at the entrance, chances are I've already went to the tournament grounds. Follw the path and you should find me.
Video Directions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyoYxcbGXIA
[Image: DGPmap.jpg?t=1279333839]

Attendees:
Daegor42
Pyro
stormey
Kevin7555
Tyler7555
Dan
TehBrownSauce
nightleone4227
smano
gurugulu
KyoAkiyama
majinshadow11
nov1c3
Tyson141
Marco
mizu
pegasus3510
Red_Dragon
drakeish23
sonic19983
SGTOserpent
Gemiosking66
mchlbant

Possible Attendees:
LanceV
Pockyx3
To
Minion
BladingBrian
~Kenji~
darkgasher5848
Crabby114
DomoBoi
sharksfan19
bob1234
WindLeone
Khel
kool-kid9980
StormPegasus12
candycayne99
Matrix
WhyHelloThere
80stickfigs
FlameDragon25
Kei
nick1117
JordRawr
nightwolf7788
pegases106
beybladepwns
robin1
snot
GeneralHawx
ldragoeatsfood
ldragoeatsfood2
Bttuiop
kai 1
TylerPT

Other information: This might seem obvious, but if you wish to participate, it would be best if you bring your own Beyblades. There will be no blades provided for you to borrow.
If it is sunny, make sure to bring adequete protection, and cool water. We will be outside for a while.
If you have access to a stadium, please bring it. Even if it's not competitively viable, we can still use it for free play.
There is now a Facebook event page for this.
There is now a sales thread. Please talk about sales in there.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Deagor, if i come, i would love to help out with the reffing and the blocks and all that carp.
And also, sorry if i forget if i posted it, but with my new job, and the random cash that i have no clue what to do with, i MIGHT put of some prizes :3
weren't you at the high park throwdown 2 ?? im number 17 Joyful_3 the guy with the l-drago and orange shirt
this sounds so exciting Smile
I've already planned a bus route and a TTC route, HPT2 was amazing can't wait to do a tournament like that again.

But could anybody tell me an estimate of how much time it takes to go from finch to dufferin and which subway I have to take? I looked up the TTC but I couldn't find the information. Thanks!
Are people going to record this and put it on the youtube channel?
(Jul. 18, 2010  2:36 PM)L-Drago Wrote: I can't go... im gonna be out of Canada, is it ok if my family member substitutes for me?? Grin

the high park throwdown 2 was fun though Grin

I don't think that a substitution is allowed.

(Jul. 18, 2010  4:22 PM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: Deagor, if i come, i would love to help out with the reffing and the blocks and all that carp.
And also, sorry if i forget if i posted it, but with my new job, and the random cash that i have no clue what to do with, i MIGHT put of some prizes :3

That would be quite a big help.
Regarding prizes, it'd be cool if you did put up some, but I've already got quite a few prizes. You might want to hold off until another tourney.

(Jul. 18, 2010  7:02 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: But could anybody tell me an estimate of how much time it takes to go from finch to dufferin and which subway I have to take? I looked up the TTC but I couldn't find the information. Thanks!

Did you take the subway to High Park Throwdown? Dufferin station is four stops east of High Park station.

(Jul. 18, 2010  8:23 PM)gurugulu Wrote: Are people going to record this and put it on the youtube channel?

If someone records this with a quality camera, we might be able to get it onto the BeyChannel. However, my camera has been acting wonky for a while now, so I cannot bring one myself.
(Jul. 18, 2010  8:56 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: If someone records this with a quality camera, we might be able to get it onto the BeyChannel. However, my camera has been acting wonky for a while now, so I cannot bring one myself.

I'll bring my camera, and possibly a tripod Smile
(Jul. 18, 2010  8:56 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: .

(Jul. 18, 2010  7:02 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: But could anybody tell me an estimate of how much time it takes to go from finch to dufferin and which subway I have to take? I looked up the TTC but I couldn't find the information. Thanks!

Did you take the subway to High Park Throwdown? Dufferin station is four stops east of High Park station.

Yes I did, however it was from jane subway station, do all stations connect eventually?

EDIT: also why do you have two passport faces? Chocked
(Jul. 19, 2010  1:14 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Yes I did, however it was from jane subway station, do all stations connect eventually?

EDIT: also why do you have two passport faces? Chocked

http://www3.ttc.ca/Subway/interactivemap.jsp
All stations connect somehow.

Also, I dunno.
I'm really hoping I can make this. I want to unload quite a few beys. If I'm there there just might be a NIB attack stadium for sale Wink
(Jul. 19, 2010  8:43 PM)Khel Wrote: I'm really hoping I can make this. I want to unload quite a few beys. If I'm there there just might be a NIB attack stadium for sale Wink

...I saw it first! Supaburn
Also hoping to get a Flame Sagittario and a killer geminos, and a Lightning L drago there. Smile

I'll take up any offers through PM's
I have to come to this now. I have to mess around my scheduel for it, but I will attend it simply because I had to screw with my plans at the last second due to all that was going on downtown this past weekend.
might go hopig to pick up anything useful there cuz hasbro releases are carp, i mean really rock aries before F.sag????
Uh oh... looks like I'm going to have to put up my Stardust. =D
Yes you will daegor, yes you will. Wink

My bank account isn't letting me withdraw money, i'll try it tommorow to buy all these type of things Tongue_out
(Jul. 20, 2010  5:56 AM)mchlbant Wrote: might go hopig to pick up anything useful there cuz hasbro releases are carp, i mean really rock aries before F.sag????

I hate this :l
I checked Toys R Us yesterday and there was NO Rock Aries :l NO WHERE!
I'm like W-w-w-whaaaaaaat??????
(Jul. 20, 2010  2:14 PM)kool-kid9980 Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2010  5:56 AM)mchlbant Wrote: might go hopig to pick up anything useful there cuz hasbro releases are carp, i mean really rock aries before F.sag????

I hate this :l
I checked Toys R Us yesterday and there was NO Rock Aries :l NO WHERE!
I'm like W-w-w-whaaaaaaat??????

Um I checked Zellers, at Sheridan Mall, they had TONNES.
At least 20 Rock Aries.
Go check there ^^
Could you please put me too because I am going there 101%
POOSSIBLE LIST 80% chance ill go
also how do you know if some1 there is selling???
(Jul. 21, 2010  3:44 AM)mchlbant Wrote: POOSSIBLE LIST 80% chance ill go
also how do you know if some1 there is selling???

You were already on the list?

You could ask, or I guess I could make a thread for it.

EDIT: Thread made.
Put me down. I'll probably be there to spectate, but I'll bring one just in case.
(Jul. 10, 2010  1:12 AM)Tyler7555 Wrote: hi im nightwolf7788 sign pegases106 and me up we might come

Hi it's Tyler 7555 I just became a member and this is my first official beyblade tournament! So sign me up!!!
Can you please sign Tyler7555 up for this tournament!

(Jul. 08, 2010  2:53 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Toronto area bladers, here comes another tournament heading your way! Do you have the skill, the luck, the preserverence to win one of three top prizes? If you think you do... join the Fray.

Location: This tournament will be held at Dufferin Grove Park. It's located just a short walk south of Dufferin station.
Date: Saturday, August 7th, 2010.
Time: The tournament will start at 12:00 P.M. (noon) but you should get there at 11:30am.
Cost: It will cost $5 to enter just this tournament, or you can purchase a Blader Passport for $10 to have access to tournaments for the whole year.
Format: Standard Format - This means MFB/B:MF for the main tournament, and no Libra wheel. Feel free to bring HMS, plastics, or Libra for free battles.

Attendees:
Daegor42
Pyro
stormey
Kevin7555

Possible Attendees:
LanceV
Pockyx3
To
Minion
BladingBrian
~Kenji~
darkgasher5848
Crabby114
bskulldragon100
gurugulu
DomoBoi
sharksfan19
bob1234
WindLeone
Khel
kool-kid9980

Other information: This might seem obvious, but if you wish to participate, it would be best if you bring your own Beyblades. There will be no blades provided for you to borrow.
If it is sunny, make sure to bring adequete protection, and cool water. We will be outside for a while.
If you have access to a stadium, please bring it. Even if it's not competitively viable, we can still use it for free play.
There is now a Facebook event page for this.
what was that post supposed to say??
(Jul. 21, 2010  3:41 PM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: what was that post supposed to say??

It said "hi im nightwolf7788 sign pegases106 and me up we might come", but I don't know why he quoted Tyler7555...
does anyone have a bey launcher-L I could burrow because I might get a hasbro L-drago and you can't get a Bey launcher-L with it. I promise after the tournament I would give it back.