[Toronto, Ontario 8/7/16] BURSTING INTO THE FUTURE

on
Hosted by
  Mitsu
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: BRU2.png]

— BURSTING INTO THE FUTURE —
SUNDAY, AUGUST 7, 2016, 11:00AM ONWARDS
Dufferin Grove Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BURST FORMAT AND DECK ROTATION BURST FORMAT
Burst Format Rules / Deck Rotation System Rules

It's crazy to think that it has already been over a year since Takara Tomy's launch of the Beyblade Burst generation. We have definitely come a long way from Kerbeus Heavy Defense being the best for Stamina and Defense! We are still bursting into the future! Come on out to Dufferin Grove Park on Sunday, August 7th to play in two epic Beyblade Burst tournaments!

We'll be playing at Dufferin Grove Park near the basketball courts. If you have any questions on the specific spot of the park, don't hesitate to post below!

Blader Passport or Entry Fee Required
As always, to participate in the tournament you must purchase a Blader Passport for $20 CDN–which will grant you entry into all WBO events for an entire year, among other benefits–or alternatively, you can pay $6 CDN for a single tournament.

Deck Rotation Format Information
Not tired of Bursting your opponents just yet? BURSTING INTO THE FUTURE's second tournament will be played in an unranked Deck Rotation Burst Format! The rules for the Deck Rotation Burst Format event will consist of as follows:

Quote:Deck Rotation Format

First Blader to reach 5 points wins.

- Outspin: 1 point
- Stadium Miss/Contactless KO: 1 point
- Knockout: 2 points
- Burst Finish: 2 points

- Each Blader comes to the stadium with 1 to 3 completed Beyblades, referred to collectively as a "deck". There can be no repeated parts within a deck. This deck is kept hidden from the opposing Blader.

- Both Bladers attach their first Beyblade in secret; the match begins as normal.

- When a Blader loses a round, they have the option to switch their Beyblade for another Beyblade in their deck. However, switching is not mandatory.

While Beypoints not be awarded for this event, Credits and Faces will be! The Deck Rotation System is super fun to play in and we obviously encourage all of you to test it out with us! https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-New-For...ion-System

Awakening Amaterios Prize Campaign

Quote:
[Image: hSC9Tqh.gif]

Awaken the legendary Beyblade Amaterios Aero Assault – and claim it as your own!

Prove your strength as a Blader by winning the most consecutive battles in this tournament to win an exclusive Face, the Shard of Amaterios. Collect 3 Shards of Amaterios to summon the legendary Beyblade straight to your doorstep.

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in 2015 in Japan and is set to launch in North America in 2016. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beyblade Wiki article covering it, the Bey News Thread, or the Beyblade General Forum.

Don't have any Beyblades from the new series? No problem! It's likely that people will have some on hand for sale, and if not, we would be glad to lend one to you for the duration of the event!

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the event as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade | [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization | Instagram

Spread the word!
#WORLDBEYBLADE #BEYBLADE

Side Note
We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread!

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to BURSTING INTO THE FUTURE, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Mitsu
Bey Brad
1234beyblade
Kei
Technik
Thokami
JesseObre
Lani
cadney
LMAO
U wot m8

Wally.web
lord Wolfblade (Deck Rotation Format)
{YT} EnderBlader
Hato (Burst Format)
pyrus10000
OldSchool™

Possible Attendees:
lord Wolfblade (Burst Format)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Aug. 06, 2016  8:56 PM)Wally.web Wrote: So excited for tomorrow, but I don't even remember if my Blader passport is still active ;p

Just checked your faces and it was issued August 16th, 2015. Lucky for you it is still good! Grin

So excited for tomorrow, can't wait to see everybody again.
I may only show up for the deck rotation.
mainly cause I would like to have some sleep in me before coming to the tournament
@[Mitsu], @[1234beyblade], @[cadney], @[LMAO], @[✱], @[Wally.web], @[Hato], @[Technik]

Hey guys, Brad and I just wanted to confirm something: is anybody bringing a Burst BeyStadium Standard Type tomorrow that is clean and doesn't have anything like signatures on it? Brad wants to take a lot of photos and would like to make sure we have one like this.
I'll be bringing mine which doesn't have any. Smile
I have mine, too, if it's needed. I will also bring mats for the first event, since that is the only one I'll be staying for.
Sweet. I'm able to login again. Thank Kei!

See you all there tomorrow!
I'll PayPal for a Blader Pass if mine has expired.

I'll also bring a NIB BB-10 if anyone wants to buy it. I'll fish it out of storage in the morning.

Also, someone is loaning me Burst Beys as I have none xD
Such a huge attendees list! Looking forward to seeing you all in a bit!
(Aug. 07, 2016  11:00 AM)Mitsu Wrote: Such a huge attendees list! Looking forward to seeing you all in a bit!

>posted at 6AM
Why do you do this
You're going to die in the middle of the event again, we've got a long day with loads of possible tiebreakers etc. We need all the sleep we can get lmao

Also, I'll be bringing my camera to help out with professional photo festivities. Should I bring my tripod again so we can get some crisp match recordings?
I woke up at 6am, got to Toronto at 8am and I'm currently playing PGO until the event at 11am LOOOOOOL.

Also ye bring ur tripod.
On my way right now! And yeah, please do Asterisk!
Can't come. Have to deal with an emergency
Thanks kei for the J2 and other part
Yet another awesome day! Very interesting combos and very interesting matches overall. Here are the winners!:

BURSTING INTO THE FUTURE (Burst Format)
1st place: JesseObre
2nd place: Mitsu
3rd place: Bey Brad

BURSTING INTO THE FUTURE (Deck Rotation Format)
1st place: Bey Brad
2nd place: 1234beyblade
3rd place: Kei
4th place: pyrus10000

My personal scores were 7-3 in Burst and 2-4 in Deck Rotation. I was super tired by the second event so I kind of went wack-a-mole and didn't try as hard as I could have (not an obligatory excuse xd).

Deck Rotation is without a doubt the future. It is a great Format overall. With the present metagame, I don't think we would have seen as much Victory Valkyrie and Valkyrie as we have without the ruleset.

Photos and spreadsheets will posted throughout the week. 1234beyblade, Bey Brad and JesseObre, please send me your winning combinations when you can! To add, super big thanks everyone that gave a helping hand in running the events today!

Quote:Can't come. Have to deal with an emergency

Aww dude. Hope everything is well! :(
I had a lot of fun today, and I am glad I attended the Burst format event. I was pretty limited on what I could use, but I did make 1 good choice; Dark DeathScyther Heavy Defense.

D2HD is great; good Defense, and can destabilize the opponent (mostly Revolve based). The only real counters I know are DGO (which Mitsu beat me with), and DHD (since it is harder to destabilize Defense). This combo saw a lot of use today, and is pretty scary to face you aren't using the two combos listed above.

It was great seeing everybody today, with our big turnout. Great to see Wally, Ender and Brad again today! Hoping to see you guys again soon Unsmith

EDIT: Would also like to give a not-so-honourable mention to the almighty Sword Launcher.. Brad was kind enough to give @[*] a new Sword Launcher after his last one broke. During a battle against Lani, it broke; the teeth broke off and fell out. The fact that another Sword Launcher broke, in under 2 hours, is disappointing. Not sure if it was the quality or it was just bad, but I am inclined to say it's the quality.. I hope * can fix it! Smith
(Aug. 08, 2016  3:07 AM)Hato Wrote: I had a lot of fun today, and I am glad I attended the Burst format event. I was pretty limited on what I could use, but I did make 1 good choice; Dark DeathScyther Heavy Defense.

D2HD is great; good Defense, and can destabilize the opponent (mostly Revolve based). The only real counters I know are DGO (which Mitsu beat me with), and DHD (since it is harder to destabilize Defense). This combo saw a lot of use today, and is pretty scary to face you aren't using the two combos listed above.

It was great seeing everybody today, with our big turnout. Great to see Wally, Ender and Brad again today! Hoping to see you guys again soon Unsmith

EDIT: Would also like to give a not-so-honourable mention to the almighty Sword Launcher.. Brad was kind enough to give @[*] a new Sword Launcher after his last one broke. During a battle against Lani, it broke; the teeth broke off and fell out. The fact that another Sword Launcher broke, in under 2 hours, is disappointing. Not sure if it was the quality or it was just bad, but I am inclined to say it's the quality.. I hope * can fix it! Smith

Hopefully I can see you again Hato and It was pretty sad to see the sword launcher pass in such a short amount of time
Hey guys I just wanna say congrats to everyone who placed! I wanna thank Kei for helping me out and supporting me in my battles, without his help i wouldnt have placed! Plus Bey Brad! Idk why but I just do good when he plays Smile haha. I went 7-1 overall with winning 24 rounds and losing only 9! Thts a good ratio imo! Wink. I wanna say thanks for also you guys helping put my friend Amanda with learning Beyblade. She looks forward to playing again! Thanks to Mitsu for doing a great job hosting and hope you had a good experience!
Really fun day, super tiring, but fun!! Congrats to the placers!

Thoughts on Deck Rotation format: Takes up a whole lot of time and should never be played with another tournament in a day as it'll run too long. Other than that, it's amazing and like Mitsu said, it is the future Smile
Had a great time! Felt awesome after a one year hiatus haha
(Aug. 07, 2016  7:10 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: Can't come. Have to deal with an emergency

Hope everything is OK.

This was an awesome event! Big thanks to the wonderful host, judges and players that made it all possible. Smile Was kind of a bummer to have broken my Dark Deathscyther but otherwise had a great time!

Really pleased to see the comments about deck format being "the future", too! I have some more thoughts to share on it (and will bump the deck format thread with them later), but it was great overall. Definitely more fun to play than the standard one-and-done style, to me.
I had a really wonderful time at this event! I'm sorry I had to leave early; I've been going through some personal things recently and felt kindof off this weekend because of them.

Was very pumped to make it to the finals again even if I got totally smoked once I got there. Having to face @[1234beyblade] in a D2 mirror match really made me realize just how much STRONGER my shot needs to become in the future!

I just wanted to mention that you're all amazing and I consider so many of you my friends, now. Thank you for being so much fun to compete with and hang out with. Hope to see you all again soon!
(Aug. 10, 2016  4:27 AM)cadney Wrote: I just wanted to mention that you're all amazing and I consider so many of you my friends, now. Thank you for being so much fun to compete with and hang out with. Hope to see you all again soon!

So great. Glad I could bring my friends in adulthood into this game, too. Smile
(Aug. 10, 2016  6:15 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2016  4:27 AM)cadney Wrote: I just wanted to mention that you're all amazing and I consider so many of you my friends, now. Thank you for being so much fun to compete with and hang out with. Hope to see you all again soon!

So great. Glad I could bring my friends in adulthood into this game, too. Smile
I'm so grateful you did!

I had so much fun at this tournament, despite the dirt in the park haha (thankful that I packed that blanket last minute). It's always so great to see everyone! Hopefully I can come out to a tournament again soon, and hopefully perform a little better next time. :')
Spreadsheets:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Due to an error involving Block C in BURSTING INTO THE FUTURE's Burst Format event, (with 1234beyblade accidentally being put into a tiebreaker and then advancing to the finals as opposed to LMAO) 1234beyblade's matches in the finals will not be counted, likewise the tiebreakers as a whole.