[Toronto, Ontario, 8/21/16] Bey Blades Burst/Sway Tournament

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.png]
&
Bey Blades Sway Tournament

Sunday, August 21st, 11:00am
Dufferin Grove Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Burst Format and Zero-G Format

There will be two tournaments and there will be a different style of hosting used in the sense that I will use electronics to do round robin or block round robin instead of pen and paper!

Dufferin Grove Park

We will be near the Fire Pit in the park, the area is really small so it would be really hard to miss us if you stop by the Fire Pit! I've decided that because of the stadium slant problem I have at Dufferin Grove Park that we will be playing on that little pavement area. I will cover that area in some sort of table cloth most likely so the beys do not get damaged.

Entry Fee
Tournament entry will cost six dollars a person, although if twenty dollars is payed, a Blader Passport would be yours, along with a cool Passport Face online! Most importantly, though, free tournaments until your passport expires the following year. How cool is that?

Side Note
We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff, but, it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up to any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

There will be a lunch break in between the two tourneys.

Post here if you know or think you will make it to this tournament, also feel free to ask any questions you might have about this tournament! See you there!

Attendees:
1234beyblade
Mitsu
Naru Blader
Kei
pyrus10000
Technik (Burst)
Thokami (Burst)
Suntailhawk (ZRG)

Possible Attendees:
Hato
{YT}EnderBlader

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Which format of the two tournaments do you prefer? (Only vote if you are attending!)

Two Burst events
30.00%
Burst and Zero-G
70.00%
Total: 100% 10 vote(s)
Alright since there have been no further confirmations there will most likely be 2 burst events. If we get confirmations before Kei leaves then we may still have zrg.
You were right about the weather Mitsu, it's already raining here! Will we confirm a different location?
It's only for the morning, it's sunny in Mississauga and the wind is going north east so we don't have to worry about rain.
(Aug. 21, 2016  1:04 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: It's only for the morning, it's sunny in Mississauga and the wind is going north east so we don't have to worry about rain.

Perfect!
Confirm me Grin But I think I may only be allowed to do one event.. Unhappy
Unhappy Sorry guys I won't be able to make it to the tournament. I'm so sorry maybe next time
Running a bit late. I missed my first bus and the Taste of Manila Festival only changes my route. Sorry guys!
Leaving shortly. I'm not going to bring ZRG stadiums since we're so close to not having enough for that event anyways; don't want to bring them and then we end up not being able to do the tournament anyways. So, two Burst events it is!
Ah.... slept in. Running late too
I had an awesome time! Thx, to Kei, Hato and Mitsu for lending me parts!

Also deathschyther should be banned to many people use it!
In case you didn't see it on the WBO's Instagram, here were today's winners!:

1st: JesseObre
2nd: Hato
3rd: Kei
4th: 1234beyblade

JesseObre getting done yet again! It helps when you can outspin Deathscyther with Dark Deathscyther haha.

It was great seeing @[Suntailhawk] again, but we're all sad that you're quitting! I hope you come out every so often whenever you have time. We're all happy to lend you parts. Smile

(Aug. 21, 2016  6:53 PM)Sukoshi Kasai Wrote: I had an awesome time! Thx, to Kei and Mitsu for lending me parts!

Also deathschyther should be banned to many people use it!

No problem!

Haha, I don't think Deathscyther is the problem. It can be countered easily with Attack. Dark Deathscyther is more of a problem, if anything.
It was a nice tournment today Smile thank you everyone this past 3 years. I will come back from time to time (cuz I still got stuff to sell Tongue_out)

If anything, see you guys at anime north every year Wink
Got home about an hour ago. The tournament flew by because of Challonge!

Big congrats to JesseObre, Kei and Hato especially for placing for the first time ever! You're crazy knowledgeable and I believe a Second Place was definitely bound to happen. Eee

I'll be posting about our next events here in a bit. Keep an eye out!
Today was pretty awesome. I placed for the first time, which surprised me, haha. Big thanks to Mitsu and Kei, for helping me out. Also; thank you for the K2 (which I bought), Obelisk Odin and K2 stickers! Will be posting a picture of the K2 after I finish typing this up, haha.

It is amazing to see how long DeathScyther has stayed on top, and the predominance of it and D2. Not sure if banning DeathScyther would be a good option, as D2 would most likely rule, which would not be good. @[Sukoshi Kasai]

(Aug. 22, 2016  2:23 AM)Mitsu Wrote: Big congrats to JesseObre, Kei and Hato especially for placing for the first time ever! You're crazy knowledgeable and I believe a Second Place was definitely bound to happen. Eee

ily matsyo
(Aug. 22, 2016  3:08 AM)Hato Wrote: Today was pretty awesome. I placed for the first time, which surprised me, haha. Big thanks to Mitsu and Kei, for helping me out. Also; thank you for the K2 (which I bought), Obelisk Odin and K2 stickers! Will be posting a picture of the K2 after I finish typing this up, haha.

It is amazing to see how long DeathScyther has stayed on top, and the predominance of it and D2. Not sure if banning DeathScyther would be a good option, as D2 would most likely rule, which would not be good. @[Sukoshi Kasai]

(Aug. 22, 2016  2:23 AM)Mitsu Wrote: Big congrats to JesseObre, Kei and Hato especially for placing for the first time ever! You're crazy knowledgeable and I believe a Second Place was definitely bound to happen. Eee

ily matsyo

I mean i only said it because everybody uses it now! Aha. Its definitely a favourite of our community!
Just wanna thank you guys for hosting! I had a great day today going 10-3 and coming 1st! Wanna give shoutout to my teammate Kei and Thokami and Hato for letting me borrow their launcher! Its great i won one today xD
I hope you guys had an amazing tournament today! I'm glad the weather seemed to hold up for you. Congratulations to the winners.
Bey Blades Burst Tournament Results

Spreadsheet

Challonge