[Toronto, Ontario 8/16/15] Jesse's Surprise Birthday Bash and AFTER THE BASH

on
Hosted by
  Mitsu
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: tourneyaugust.png]

Jesse's Surprise Birthday Bash
Dufferin Grove Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
LIMITED FORMAT

After the Bash
Dufferin Grove Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
PLASTICS FORMAT

Who's ready to celebrate JesseObre's 16th birthday with an epic Beyblade tournament? Just keep it a secret because we do not want Jesse finding out or anything, it is totally not like he can just check the thread to see the surprise tournament we have planned for him! After the fun, however, our blading spirit still hasn't died out! Rather than going to play smash at Pyrus10000's place or buying food, we put aside our Omegas, Libras and brick walls and continue to blade with Attack Rings and Engine Gears!

Directions

Tournament Times

Entry Fees

Side Note

Attendees Wrote:Confirmed Attendees

Mitsu
1234beyblade
JesseObre
Pyrus10000
LMAO
u wot m8
Classik
Kei

Possible Attendees

Wally.web

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Should we buy JesseObre cake?

Yeah, Jesse's cool, he deserves cake!
73.68%
What does Jesse ever do for us? Unhappy
26.32%
Total: 100% 19 vote(s)
Good luck to everyone tomorrow Smile

I'll be there on time!
Is anyone here good at fixing BeyLaunchers? If so, bring a screwdriver and please help me out tomorrow Smile
(Aug. 16, 2015  6:37 AM)Kei Wrote: Is anyone here good at fixing BeyLaunchers? If so, bring a screwdriver and please help me out tomorrow Smile

Oh!!!! I AM THE GOD OF THAT!!! I'll bring my tool kit Smile
(Aug. 16, 2015  6:42 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2015  6:37 AM)Kei Wrote: Is anyone here good at fixing BeyLaunchers? If so, bring a screwdriver and please help me out tomorrow Smile

Oh!!!! I AM THE GOD OF THAT!!! I'll bring my tool kit Smile

Awesome! Thank you. I'll bring all 20 of my broken BeyLaunchers, then.

(Just kidding, I'm bringing one BeyLauncher and a BeyLauncher LR)
Best of luck to you all today! I'd say if I place, I could potentially be bumped up to the top 10 so hopefully I'll be successful. If not, I'll be kissing the first page goodbye, unfortunately.

See you all at 11:30 (keep note of the time change). Don't eat much before the tournament though! Wink

EDIT: @[Wally.web], does it look like you can make it today? It would be good to know in advanced.
I'll be getting onto my bus in about 10 minutes, I'll be at Dufferin at about 10:00 to 10:10. See you all there!!!
I'll be at Dufferin at like 11:00, see you guys there!
Sorry I can't be there today, but good luck to everybody, have fun and record the event! ^__^
I just got up. ill be out in an hour or so.
Good luck to everyone who is in the tournament today! Have fun most of all!
On the subway now, sorry I was busy working so I couldn't post.
Good luck today guysSmile

Who won?
Jesse's Surprise Birthday Bash
1st place: 1234beyblade
2nd place: LMAO
3rd place: Kei
4th place: Mitsu

After the Bash
1st place: 1234beyblade
2nd place: Kei
3rd place: LMAO

Very fun, very hot day today! It was great seeing you all (especially Classik who I haven't seen in like 8 months!) and great playing. I had went 6-4 in Limited but then 0-8 in Plastics. I used quite an assortment of combos; I'll make a full report as to how my matches played out soon. Smile

1234beyblade, LMAO, U wot m8, Pyrus10000 and I had hung out earlier that morning and then went to buy pizza for the tournament. I really didn't eat anything, but we hope you guys liked the surprise!

Thank you all for coming out; thank you to 1234beyblade for hosting Jesse's Surprise Birthday Bash and co-hosting in After the Bash! It was really appreciated.
Congrats to the winner's!

Great to hear from the tournament

(Aug. 17, 2015  1:00 AM)Mitsu Wrote: I had went 6-4 in Limited but then 0-8 in Plastics.

Now you know my pain sometimes haha
Fun day today! But let's not do two tournaments on such a hot summer day again ... I was so dead by the end of AFTER THE BASH.

Jesse's Surprise Birthday Bash started making me think even more that RSF and RB should be banned haha (and potentially Libra/Omega). I felt a little bad for beating you @[JesseObre] in the finals tiebreaker between Mitsu, yourself, and I! But it was a pretty good battle. Happy (early) birthday!
Lol we learned that lesson today to lol
Scott didn't even say goodbye and he vanished :-(

Definitely one of my favorite tournament days, placed twice, got 2 Wyvangs and 2 Giragos and a bunch of other things!

But where's my prize Wut!?
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:42 AM)LMAO Wrote: Scott didn't even say goodbye and he vanished :-(

I did say bye! Pyrus saw. You guys just had tunnel vision for Taco Bell and didn't hear me. Tongue_out
You guys kill me xD

Anyway,This was a nice return to the community. Happy birthday Jesse!

I had so much fun,Bought burst,Bought more burst and sold a bunch of stuff,Oh and I got to see my long lost family. Haha.

But thanks for an awesome time guys. Can't wait to see you guys again!

"Why isnt the fire lit,I want to burn them!"-Crazy Lady 2015
It was nice seeing you again today, Ryūjin!

By the way, thanks again for fixing my BeyLaunchers, 1234beyblade! You should open up a business haha.
today was fun! Disappointingly I did not rekt scott because of "reasons" which all the committee will hate me for :p

Anyways the main highlights : I got rekt the first tourney, WASPS EVERYWHERE, lots of snax, I got rekt. again, classiks return, "burn in fire"-Crazy lady 2015, free cupcakes from other group, scott sucks, plastics and fake grips, I got rekt by wasps, dufferin mall, TRYING TACO BELL FIURST TIEM A.K.A biggest disapointment, same 3 placers both tourneys, pyrus house is not availabe, scott rekt me, and scot vanished.

Blaeblade, BLAST OUFF!
(Aug. 17, 2015  3:40 AM)U wot m8 Wrote: scott rekt me, and scot vanished.

that seems like a pretty accurate description of what happens between me and you at every tournament
(Aug. 17, 2015  3:46 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2015  3:40 AM)U wot m8 Wrote: scott rekt me, and scot vanished.

that seems like a pretty accurate description of what happens between me and you at every tournament

OKAY SKOT SHOT, NOW YOU HAVE MY OFFICIAL DEKLACARATION THAT ILL REKT U NXT TURNUMANT. SHAT AP. BE VERY AFRAID. BE EXTREMELY AFRAID. ILL FIND ANOTHER LOOP HOLE THAT U CANT ARGUE WIT. #2spooky4me

wot m8 out (oh yeah and im not tryin to impersonate you bladder DJ)
Haha, no problem Kei, I love messing around with mechanisms so I did not mind at all.

Anyway, this was the first ever tournament I hosted! It was super exciting! Thanks to Jesse for letting me host his annual birthday bash, it was a real honor! Hopefully you guys didn't notice much of a difference in hosting comparing my noobiness to the pros that usually host the tournaments! With that said I enjoyed this tournament very much, and I was really surprised at the results I got simply because i pulled an all nighter on Friday hoping that i can get enough sleep on Saturday for the tournament, but that did not work out at all! I was awake for about 45 hours until about 4:30am on Sunday, so i only got about 2 hours of sleep because i had to wake up at 7:00am haha! Which is why I think it was crazy how well i ended up doing.

In Limited format the best moments were as followed (in no particular order)
1. The crazy lady that wanted to burn us and out beyblades LOL!!!!
2. my battle with Jesse, it was just crazy!
3. LMAO MLG reking me with his crazy combo that he worked on secretly Chief 2002 - Hmm ...
4. The argument over the Dome Tracks! It was sooo funny Andrew
5. Me only using two (three if you count one part change) the whole tournament haha

Here are the best Plastics moments!
1. Pyrus beating The Espahange with a stock Galeon! LOL
2. My poor Driger ditched me just like he ditched Ray Unhappy (Why you do this to me)
3. Matso failing at his launch epicly lol!
4. Sponge starting another argument, this time on the use of fake grips LOL
5. Me placing first in a plastics tournament, all that studying really payed off! I am glad i decided to pick up on plastics, once again thanks to Wombat and the other people that helped me out on the Plastics Q and A thread! Really appreciate it!

Also I hope you enjoyed your 2 week early birthday "surprise" Jesse! Happy super early birthday!