[Toronto, Ontario, 7/20/14] HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 6 & HMS' NOT DEAD! 3

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

The WBO's longest running annual tournament returns once again, and for the first time, on HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day! Toronto Bladers, join us on Sunday, July 20th for not one, but two tournaments: HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 6 (Standard MFB Format) and HMS' NOT DEAD! 3!

Both tournaments will be occurring on the same day: HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 6 at 12PM at High Park, followed by HMS' NOT DEAD! 3 at 3PM at the same location. Feel free to attend both, or just one of the tournaments!

Entry Fee + Rewards
As always, to participate in the tournament you must purchase a Blader Passport, or alternatively, you can pay $5 for a single tournament. These tournaments will not be processed for BeyPoints, however, Credits, and Faces for placement will still be awarded. In addition to this, you will also gain +1 Extra Credit for participating in HMS' NOT DEAD 3!. That's 2 Credits just for participating! And of course, there will be additional benefits to participating in the HMS tournament that will be detailed soon in the HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day announcement thread. Wink

Also, the top three finishers in each tournament will have their choice of one of the following Face Boosters created exclusively for HMS Format and Plastics Format tournament winners!:

"But I don't have any HMS!"
HMS' NOT DEAD 3 is being played under the HMS Format, so I understand that some of you may be thinking right now, "But I don't have any HMS ...". Since I'm sure this may be a problem for some Bladers, I'm willing to lend out a few HMS Beyblades and Shooters + Winders to people who do not have any HMS. If you're in need of a Beyblade to participate in this tournament, let me know!

For those of you that do have multiple HMS, I would appreciate it if you could bring them to share with other Bladers who do not have any as well. Thanks!

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

[Image: tornamentgrounds1.jpg]

If you're interested in attending HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 6 or HMS' NOT DEAD! 3, please post here and I will begin building an attendance list for each tournament! Please specify if you will be able to play in both tournaments or not.

HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 6 Attendance List
Attendees:
Kei
MidnightGFX
FreshClassik
LMAO
The Sponge
Suntailhawk
Kijiji kid #1
Kijiji kid #2
Kijiji Kid #3
Bramptonbladers
hb42
Vidaljuventus
OldShoolâ„¢
yoshikid2414

Possible Attendees:
1234beyblade
ULTIMATE BLAZE
pyrus10000
mystic lugia85
Sarah
dungin101
CosmicIrfan
JesseObre
Pockyx3

HMS' NOT DEAD! 3 Attendance List
Attendees:
Kei
MidnightGFX
FreshClassik
LMAO
The Sponge
Suntailhawk
Kijiji kid #1
Kijiji kid #2
Kijiji Kid #3
Bramptonbladers
Vidaljuventus
yoshikid2414

Possible Attendees:
1234beyblade
ULTIMATE BLAZE
pyrus10000
mystic lugia85
Sarah
dungin101
CosmicIrfan
JesseObre
Pockyx3

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jun. 27, 2014  3:23 PM)LMAO Wrote: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-events/city-of-to...nFlag=true

Kijiji ad is now up!

Thanks! Can you fix the start time, though? Should be 12PM.

(Jun. 27, 2014  11:52 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: YEAH i knowTongue_out but just excited that's all, by the way, which grade are are all of you going to next year?Wink

Again, not the topic to be discussing this! Something in General Discussion would be more fitting.
Will anyone be selling some HMS stuff :3 i really want my collection to grow from just 3 XD
(Jun. 29, 2014  6:38 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Will anyone be selling some HMS stuff :3 i really want my collection to grow from just 3 XD

I doubt anybody would really want to sell an HMS Beyblade, considering how overpriced they are. I was actually on Ebay the other day looking for HMS Beyblades myself. I found the occasional ridiculously expensive ones, and other than that, every other one I found went up for bidding. Eventually, I came across a lot of 3 HMS Beyblades for roughly around $30, which I would think it's a decent price. I bookmared the link earlier on, so I guess It'd be right to share it with you: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-3-TAKARA-...20d34c5e4b

Bring into consideration that you're buying off a completely trustworthy seller, though I'm pretty sure you probably bought off of him before.

Hoping to see you soon! Smile
(Jun. 29, 2014  9:23 AM)~Midnight~ Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2014  6:38 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Will anyone be selling some HMS stuff :3 i really want my collection to grow from just 3 XD

I doubt anybody would really want to sell an HMS Beyblade, considering how overpriced they are. I was actually on Ebay the other day looking for HMS Beyblades myself. I found the occasional ridiculously expensive ones, and other than that, every other one I found went up for bidding. Eventually, I came across a lot of 3 HMS Beyblades for roughly around $30, which I would think it's a decent price. I bookmared the link earlier on, so I guess It'd be right to share it with you: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-3-TAKARA-...20d34c5e4b

Bring into consideration that you're buying off a completely trustworthy seller, though I'm pretty sure you probably bought off of him before.

Hoping to see you soon! Smile
Midnight, while it may seem about $10 a piece is a good price, you can buy each of them for $6 on eBay for cheaper. There's no extremely great use for any part, save for the 17 gram Circle Wide that Draciel MS carries.
I am in! And I need to borrow beys for this tourney Grin
Just letting everyone know, I got 5 Metal Stone Face Heavys (Brand New) for sale at the tournament, please PM me if you'd like one Smile
Just out of curiosity, would we been in need of prizes for the HMS tournament, Kei?

I just recently picked up two BeyWarriors, and an electro top. I wouldn't mind sparing them out for prizes, though.
I have some nice Plastics we picked up at the same time we got the prizes for the BeyLotto that we can use as prizes for HMS' NOT DEAD! 3. Smile
(Jun. 30, 2014  10:28 PM)Kei Wrote: I have some nice Plastics we picked up at the same time we got the prizes for the BeyLotto that we can use as prizes for HMS' NOT DEAD! 3. Smile

Wow, that sounds great, and thanks! I think I now know what I'll do with what I picked up, too. Wink

On another note, Toronto Bladers: I just recently updated the list of us Canadian Bladers within the top 250 on this forum. Feel free to check them out in the Regional Rankings thread, if you haven't seen them already!: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Regional...pid1207309
So, unfortunately I found out I lost my Earth metal wheel at GBT2, so if anyone has one they'd be willing to sell/let me borrow for the next limited tournament, let me know!

Also, I have a new in package Yellow Beylauncher for sale! PM if you would like to buy it Smile
What? Really? How do you think that happened?
(Jul. 01, 2014  2:00 AM)Kei Wrote: What? Really? How do you think that happened?

I don't know, I left my eye off of my case for long periods of time, so maybe someone took it, I remember because I was planning on using it and at the beginning of the tournament it was there, but afterwards it wasn't which sucks Unhappy One of my EWD's were on it too Unhappy

Also, add Kijiji kid #1 and #2 to the confirmed list for now, and mystic lugia85, Sarah, Dungin101 and CosmicIrfan to the possible list please Smile
(Jul. 01, 2014  2:23 AM)LMAO Wrote: I don't know, I left my eye off of my case for long periods of time, so maybe someone took it, I remember because I was planning on using it and at the beginning of the tournament it was there, but afterwards it wasn't which sucks Unhappy One of my EWD's were on it too Unhappy

Also, add Kijiji kid #1 and #2 to the confirmed list for now, and mystic lugia85, Sarah, Dungin101 and CosmicIrfan to the possible list please Smile

That sucks ...

For both tournaments?
Yup for both tournaments for now.

Also I texted Jesse and he said he's a maybe for both tournaments and he's likely retiring soon. Unhappy
(Jul. 01, 2014  8:27 PM)LMAO Wrote: Also I texted Jesse and he said he's a maybe for both tournaments and he's likely retiring soon. Unhappy

He called me last night and said the same thing. He's been saying that for like a year and a half lol.
(Jul. 01, 2014  1:58 AM)LMAO Wrote: So, unfortunately I found out I lost my Earth metal wheel at GBT2, so if anyone has one they'd be willing to sell/let me borrow for the next limited tournament, let me know!

Also, I have a new in package Yellow Beylauncher for sale! PM if you would like to buy it Smile
I could let you borrow my Earth wheel if I go Stupid Also, please mark me down as possible for HIgh Park Throwdown 6 only please
(Jul. 02, 2014  10:11 PM)hb42 Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2014  1:58 AM)LMAO Wrote: So, unfortunately I found out I lost my Earth metal wheel at GBT2, so if anyone has one they'd be willing to sell/let me borrow for the next limited tournament, let me know!

I could let you borrow my Earth wheel if I go Stupid Also, please mark me down as possible for HIgh Park Throwdown 6 only please

That's extremely nice of you! I won't need it for this tournament, I'll need it for the next Limited tournament, but haha thanks a lot!

I really hope to see you come! Also, if possible would you be able to bring any of your friends if you do end up coming?
Well, I do have a 6 year old neighbor, would he be able to come LMAO?
Yes of course!

Just make sue he has an account on the WBO and he should be fine! There's no age limit Smile

Also, if anyone has an Omega Metal Wheel to sell, let me know Smile
unfortunately i won't be able to attend on that day, i'm hopeing the next ternament is zero-g or limited format, and LMAO, the next limited format ternament, if i go, i'll let you borrow itWink
Got a reply from another person on Kijiji, they'll make an account once they come to the tournament. Add Kijiji Kid #3 to the list please Smile
Im nervous a heck!

Anyway,Im gonna enjoy this

Due to the fact that we are using Kei's beyblades can we see a list?
LMAO, can you request that they make an account beforehand? It makes things easier for us.

(Jul. 06, 2014  3:45 AM)FreshClassik Wrote: Due to the fact that we are using Kei's beyblades can we see a list?

I own all HMS, so you can probably use pretty much anything except really rare stuff like Grip Flat Core Ultimate Mode or CWD God Ring (which I might be using myself haha).