[Toronto, Ontario, 5/26/12] BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2 @ ANIME NORTH 2012

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: beybladecrusade2logo.png]

BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2
SATURDAY, MAY 26, 2012
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel - Northern Spy Room
hosted by AN GAMING @ Anime North 2012
STANDARD (MFB/BMF) FORMAT

9 AM - Free Battle & Set Up
11 AM - Registration for BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2
12:30 PM - BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2

THE CRUSADE CONTINUES! For the fifth year in a row, the WBO is proud to announce that, in association with AN GAMING division of ANIME NORTH 2012, we will be hosting BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2! Last year BEYBLADE CRUSADE ended up becoming one of the largest Beyblade tournaments ever hosted in Canada; Bladers from across Ontario–and even from as far away as New York–made the journey to Toronto, and the competition was fierce. Surely, it will be even larger, and even fiercer this year!

No Beyblade? No problem! We're going to try to obtain Beyblades to bring with us so you'll be able to draft the parts to form a full Beyblade (for approx. $10), then you can play and trade with other Bladers before the tournament to hone your skills!

A Blader Passport is not required for this tournament, as AN does not allow event organizers to charge entry fees for events within the convention. However, if you want to support the WBO so we can host even better tournaments with even better prizes in the future, and participate in the BeyPoints ranking System in future tournaments, then you will need one! So, if you wish to purchase one at the tournament, that is still possible. To participate in the tournament, you have a few options to gain entrance: a) a weekend pass, which have no been sold out, b) a day pass for Saturday at AN (if you wish to participate in all of the events and programming that AN has to offer), or c) the $5 Beyblade Pass.

The $5 Beyblade Pass will only grant you entry into BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2, and can be purchased during registration for the tournament. This is the best option for Bladers who do not wish to experience the rest of what AN has to offer.

Note: Just to clarify, the $5 Beyblade Pass is only for Saturday's event, BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2, not BEYBLADE CRUSADE: Roll Call 2 on Friday night. If you wish to attend this event you will have to purchase a Friday Day Pass if you have already not purchased a Weekend Pass.

Like last year, in an effort to build excitement and anticipation for the main event at ANIME NORTH, we will be hosting three "BEYBLADE CRUSADE RECRUITMENT SESSIONS" between the end of this month, and the week before BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2:

[Image: recruitmentsessions2012.png]

BEYBLADE CRUSADE Recruitment Session: 4 - March 24, 2012
  • Top two finishers gain the ability to choose who they face in the first round of BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2, should they attend.
  • Top two finishers from Recruitment Session: 4: theunderdog & JesseObre

BEYBLADE CRUSADE Recruitment Session: 5 - April 28, 2012
  • Top two finishers gain the ability to choose who they face in the first round of BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2, should they attend.
  • Top two finishers from Recruitment Session: 5: neilanpolbeley & 1234beyblade

BEYBLADE CRUSADE Recruitment Session: 6 - May 13, 2012
  • First place finisher gains the ability to choose who they face in the first round of BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2, should they attend.
  • First place finisher from Recruitment Session: 6: Kei

Hopefully the possibility of gaining this slight advantage in BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2 will be enticing for you all! Along with the BeyPoints, Faces, and prizes, of course. The order in which the top finishers choose who they face in that first round will be according to which tournament they placed in, but reversed (ex. If you come in first place at Recruitment Session 4, then you will have the last choice of who you want to face in the first round of BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2. This way, even if someone else picks you, you can still choose not to face them if you do not want to, thus nullifying their choice, forcing them to choose someone else).

Bladers! We want YOU to bring your friends to BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2 and Recruitment Session's 5 & 6! But why should you do this, you ask? Because the more Bladers you recruit, the better the chance you'll have at winning some cool Metal Fight Beyblade ZERO-G prizes! And new Bladers equals new friends, new competition, and an insurance that Beyblade tournaments in Toronto will continue to be as exciting (and sometimes cold) as ever!

Rules
  • Step 1: Have your friend(s) create an account here on worldbeyblade.org.

• Step 2: Bring your friend(s)–who have never played in a WBO tournament–to BEYBLADE CRUSADE Recruitment Session: 5, BEYBLADE CRUSADE Recruitment Session: 6, and BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2 and have them compete. I will mark down as they register that they are a friend of ______, so be sure to tell them to tell me that you were the person who "recruited" them!

• Step 3: For each friend you bring, you'll be given an entry into the random draw that will take place during BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2 at ANIME NORTH 2012 on May 26th.
Additionally, if your friend plays in one of the three tournaments, and then returns for a second ... you will be given one bonus entry into the draw!

For those of you can't find any people among your regular friends to come, don't hesitate to round up people at ANIME NORTH itself, hah.

Prize Pool
  • 1st Place: BBG-03 Start Dash Set, BBG-08 Pirates Oroja, BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Fennec x1
  • 2nd Place: BBG-01 Samurai Ifraid W145CF, BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Fennec x1
  • 3rd Place: BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Fennec x1

THE CRUSADE starts now!!

We encourage all Bladers–from the bright-eyed novice to the experienced veteran–to attend BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2, hosted by AN GAMING! With the release of Beyblade Zero G looming, now more than ever, is a time for Bladers around the world to re-energize themselves, spread their passion for the game, and charge towards the future! Join the crusade at ANIME NORTH 2012. We hope to see you there!

If you think you'll be able to make it out to BEYBLADE CRUSADE 2, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
Bitix
Arupaeo
Blitz
Dan
lord Wolfblade
Dark_Mousy
Cycle Blader
Slee
Pockyx3
djnour
prounited
Ziro
Matrix
PHANTOM ORIONE
b.demonsreturn
OrionHunter
jamie
Nocto
neilanpolbeley
ThermalG
Mickey
-JellyLover-
Blader Sexy
Train
evil49
Wrathn
Shadow
KyubiBey
Destruct2001
JesseObre

Possible Attendees:
pyrus10000
Jere305
1234beyblade
Whywil
Pickle
Ga'Hooleone
Del
davidblader2004
FlameDragon25
Galaxy4Stars
Cyber Blader
Crax686
shadowviber3
ShoTz
☆☆☆
AndrewIsLegit
Blader98
Kaiflame03
super serpent
Bey-Bro
bg14
BladerBro742
capricorn7
gc129

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Will there be any tournament or Beyblade Festivities the day before Crusade? Kinda need to know considering im about to by my plane ticket
Last year there was a tournament on Friday, yes, but it was not part of BeyDays.
I can almost guarantee that there will be a tournament on Friday night, like there was last year. If I'm not able to secure a room for whatever reason, we'll obviously still find a way to do something (Doubletree lobby woooooo).
(Apr. 04, 2012  7:02 PM)Kei Wrote: I can almost guarantee that there will be a tournament on Friday night, like there was last year. If I'm not able to secure a room for whatever reason, we'll obviously still find a way to do something (Doubletree lobby woooooo).

What time exactly? i Wont be able to get into my hotel until 4:30pm. So if you guys could make it like 5pm or so that would be awesome. Smile
Ill be getting to Toronto about 3pm tho.
(Apr. 04, 2012  7:18 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2012  7:02 PM)Kei Wrote: I can almost guarantee that there will be a tournament on Friday night, like there was last year. If I'm not able to secure a room for whatever reason, we'll obviously still find a way to do something (Doubletree lobby woooooo).

What time exactly? i Wont be able to get into my hotel until 4:30pm. So if you guys could make it like 5pm or so that would be awesome. Smile

It will be around that time, or as late as 6PM. The convention really doesn't 'start' until the late afternoon, so you'll be fine to get there in time.
(Apr. 04, 2012  10:07 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2012  7:18 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

It will be around that time, or as late as 6PM. The convention really doesn't 'start' until the late afternoon, so you'll be fine to get there in time.

6Pm is perfect. Would is be considered a recruitment session?I would love to have the chance of picking my first round opponent.

(Apr. 04, 2012  11:06 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: 6Pm is perfect. Would is be considered a recruitment session?I would love to have the chance of picking my first round opponent.

No, it's not considered one. But if you gather some people at the convention to come play, you can still gain entry into the giveaway!
How much is gas there in Ontario/Toronto? The place I might be staying is 1 hr away...
Kind of expensive now a days Uncertain
(Apr. 05, 2012  8:17 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2012  11:06 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: 6Pm is perfect. Would is be considered a recruitment session?I would love to have the chance of picking my first round opponent.

No, it's not considered one. But if you gather some people at the convention to come play, you can still gain entry into the giveaway!

Ill be bringing at least one person with me. What kind of giveaway will there be?
(Apr. 06, 2012  1:15 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Ill be bringing at least one person with me. What kind of giveaway will there be?

I'm referring to the "The Crusade" campaign, of course! http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto-...#pid929907
(Apr. 05, 2012  9:43 PM)pyrus10000 Wrote: Kind of expensive now a days Uncertain

Like $5? If so, that's the average price in CA haha.

What's the deal with the $6 pass?
Don't you think it was too early to get this tourney confirmed.
(Apr. 06, 2012  3:01 PM)BeyBlast Wrote: Don't you think it was too early to get this tourney confirmed.

Considering this tournament is being run by the people who confirm tournaments, i dont think its to early. I dont know if you understand how big Beyblade Crusade 2 will be.
Our Anime North tournaments are always our biggest of the year, every year ...
Would anybody be interested in buying the first volume of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga in English, at Anime North, hah ?
(Apr. 08, 2012  1:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Would anybody be interested in buying the first volume of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga in English, at Anime North, hah ?

Yup Grin I would.
Man, I remember the last beyblade crusade just like yesterday. Learned some physics that day. Two beys were standing still right next to eachother and we were waiting for one to stop spinning.
i am going to be in canada so put me as a maybe
(Apr. 08, 2012  8:41 PM)ShoTz Wrote: i am going to be in canada so put me as a maybe

Canada is fairly large haha ... are you going to be in/near Toronto?
im going to be in toronto, family vacation
(Apr. 08, 2012  8:44 PM)ShoTz Wrote: im going to be in toronto, family vacation

Nice. I hope you can make it, then!
I just saw a Hotel that said Sheraton but i'm not sure if that is the right one. Is the hotel near the Toronto Congress Centre and if it is that is good for me il ive near by car
(Apr. 09, 2012  2:14 AM)JesseObre Wrote: I just saw a Hotel that said Sheraton but i'm not sure if that is the right one. Is the hotel near the Toronto Congress Centre and if it is that is good for me il ive near by car

I think that's it, since AN will be there (put emphasis on think).

There's a 90% chance of me coming to BC2.