[Toronto, Ontario, 5/23/14] GRAND BATTLE PRELUDE: Metal Fight Beyblade & HMS

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

FRIDAY, MAY 23, 2014
hosted by Anime North 2014 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel - Haliburton Room

[Image: oINClfT.png]
STANDARD FORMAT

5:00 PM - Free Battle & Set Up
5:30 PM - Registration for GRAND BATTLE PRELUDE: Metal Fight Beyblade
6:00 PM - GRAND BATTLE PRELUDE: Metal Fight Beyblade

[Image: Y3myXuD.png]
HMS FORMAT

8:30 PM - Registration for GRAND BATTLE PRELUDE: Heavy Metal System
9:00 PM - GRAND BATTLE PRELUDE: Heavy Metal System

Mixing and matching the contemporary with the classic, kicking off the GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2 weekend is GRAND BATTLE PRELUDE: Metal Fight Beyblade (Standard Format) and GRAND BATTLE PRELUDE: HMS! These tournaments will be smaller than the championship the following day, but with qualifiers from across North America arriving in Toronto not long before this tournament starts, the competition will surely be fierce. If you're going to be at Anime North on Friday night, come join us for one final battle (or two!) until the main event!!

Why should I participate in all of these tournaments?
Besides how much fun it's going to be to play in every existing WBO Organized Play Format over one weekend ... as an added incentive to encourage everyone to participate in as many of these tournaments as possible, there will be added benefits to participating in any (or all!) of the tournaments at AN!:

”But I don’t have an HMS Beyblade for GRAND BATTLE PRELUDE: Heavy Metal System!”
No bey? No prob! If necessary, I will allow people to borrow one of my HMS Beyblades for their battles. Smile If anyone else attending can do the same for those in need, it would be appreciated!

Tournament registration will begin at around 5:30PM, but we will have the room starting from 5PM, so if anyone wishes to go early and free battle, please do so! And as always, the Credits, BeyPoints, Faces, and prizes will be awarded!

If you think you can make it, please post which tournament(s) you’ll be attending and I'll start building an attendance list!

GRAND BATTLE PRELUDE: Metal Fight Beyblade
Attendees:
Kei
|Midnight|
Dark_Mousy
Snoop Dog MS
LMAO
The Sponge
SamuraiDrago
Peece_2012
geetster99
Yuko Ray14
Arupaeo

Possible Attendees:
Round Shell MS
ridbladebreaker
aBladerlikeyou
Leone19
SideOfPReach

GRAND BATTLE PRELUDE: Heavy Metal System
Attendees:
Kei
Dark_Mousy
Cye Kinomiya
Snoop Dog MS
geetster99
Arupaeo

Possible Attendees:
Round Shell MS
LMAO
The Sponge
aBladerlikeyou
Minion
Yuko Ray14
SideOfPReach

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(May. 01, 2014  2:21 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Ill also have some fresh Rdf for sale if anyone needs any.

I'll buy one off of you for $10. Would that be the price range you'd be looking for? If so, I'll pm you before this event.
I'm in for both! See you there!
For Kei/Kai-V/People with the AN Passes-

So something to ask- my flight doesn't come in until 10:30ish that night, but I'd still need to pick up my AN Pass for the next morning. Would it be easier to come to the hotel straight from my flight that night or just to go early in the morning to get it?
(May. 10, 2014  3:45 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: I'm in for both! See you there!

Shouldn't have been any other way!
(May. 10, 2014  3:56 PM)Leone19 Wrote: For Kei/Kai-V/People with the AN Passes-

So something to ask- my flight doesn't come in until 10:30ish that night, but I'd still need to pick up my AN Pass for the next morning. Would it be easier to come to the hotel straight from my flight that night or just to go early in the morning to get it?

You can come straight to the hotel in the lobby. Do you have the cell phone number of anyone who is going to be there? If so, text them when you get there and have them tell me that you've arrived so I can come out and give you your pass. That way you can hang out with us for a bit on Friday night. Smile

edit: Also, can you PM me your full name? I need to provide a list of names to AN so they can get the passes ready.
(May. 11, 2014  8:58 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 10, 2014  3:56 PM)Leone19 Wrote: For Kei/Kai-V/People with the AN Passes-

You can come straight to the hotel in the lobby. Do you have the cell phone number of anyone who is going to be there? If so, text them when you get there and have them tell me that you've arrived so I can come out and give you your pass. That way you can hang out with us for a bit on Friday night. Smile

edit: Also, can you PM me your full name? I need to provide a list of names to AN so they can get the passes ready.

Awesome, I PM'ed you.

I messaged LMAO, but if he doesn't get it in time, if anyone going would feel comfortable with giving me their cell, please PM it to me- I really appreciate it.
Ahem, put me as a possible.
Question;

I'm diabetic, and I must eat at a certain time. If I were to pick something to eat, would I be able to eat it in the actual room?

Thanks!
(May. 17, 2014  1:50 PM)-Midnight Wrote: Question;

I'm diabetic, and I must eat at a certain time. If I were to pick something to eat, would I be able to eat it in the actual room?

Thanks!

I ate there before last year. And there is space right outside the room to eat if necessary. And there are several restaurants right by the convention also.
(May. 17, 2014  2:59 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(May. 17, 2014  1:50 PM)-Midnight Wrote: Question;

Thanks!

I ate there before last year. And there is space right outside the room to eat if necessary. And there are several restaurants right by the convention also.

Thanks, Dark. It's much appreciated. (:

Prelude is only six days away! I can't wait to see everyone there!
dark, would you be selling a rdf? would you take it for 12$
(May. 17, 2014  4:17 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: dark, would you be selling a rdf? would you take it for 12$

I'm pretty sure he only excepted the money in US Dollars, no?
(May. 17, 2014  5:37 PM)-Midnight Wrote:
(May. 17, 2014  4:17 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: dark, would you be selling a rdf? would you take it for 12$

I'm pretty sure he only excepted the money in US Dollars, no?
In exchange of CAD to USD he would get 10 USD out of 12 CAD
I'll try to come to standard format depending if my playoff game is on friday
(May. 18, 2014  8:03 PM)JesseObre Wrote: I'll try to come to standard format depending if my playoff game is on friday

Great, I'd hope for you to come, Jesse. (:

I'll also be bringing the money I owe you from the Beypointer there.
Thought I'd just post this earlier, since I probably won't be active tomorrow morning:

Tomorrow's the day. It feels just yesterday these threads were uploaded. I'm really excited to meet you all. I couldn't be more excited for this entire weekend!

Also, ULTIMATE BLAZE, I'll meet up with you there, with the things I'll be selling to you. (:
Hey everyone, if you haven't noticed, we have the Haliburton Room at the Sheraton all weekend! So, I think the best place for us all to meet will be in there. For those of you who don't have passes yet and are waiting on them from me (qualifiers/volunteers), try waiting at the room and if someone asks you for a pass just wait in the lobby area where the couches are (you'll see them when you get there) if I haven't arrived yet. I'll try to be there by the early afternoon though, so unless some of you are arriving really early, there isn't likely to be a problem. See you all tomorrow! Grin
will anybody be selling or letting me borow a left string lancher or l/r string launcher for torromow? Thanks bladery66Joyful_3
(May. 23, 2014  3:49 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: will anybody be selling or letting me borow a left string lancher or l/r string launcher for torromow? Thanks bladery66Joyful_3

I'm in need of borrowing one as well.

Anyways, I'm sure either Kei or LMAO wouldn't mind letting you use one of theirs.

Anyways, today's the big day. See everyone soon, and good luck to you all! (:
Flying out in a little over 12 hours, haha.

I'll be there a little after 11, can't wait to see whoever is still there, haha.
this is going to be an awsome ternament!!!!!!!!! i might be getting to the standard ternament a little late! sorry for that! And would anybody be selling an rb tip, possibly close to mint? And good luck to you all, it's going to really fun to participate in a event again, can't wait to see ya guys there!!!!!!!!!
(May. 23, 2014  1:07 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: this is going to be an awsome ternament!!!!!!!!! i might be getting to the standard ternament a little late! sorry for that! And would anybody be selling an rb tip, possibly close to mint? And good luck to you all, it's going to really fun to participate in a event again, can't wait to see ya guys there!!!!!!!!!

I actually have a RB mint. Used twice
would you be selling it, if you are, would you take 7-10$ for it?Tongue_out
(May. 23, 2014  2:48 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: would you be selling it, if you are, would you take 7-10$ for it?Tongue_out

8usd or 11 cad
so ok sure, we've got a deal! so 11 Canadian dollars it is then!