[Toronto, Ontario 12/20/15] FROSTY DRIVERS

on
Hosted by
  Mitsu
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 20, 12PM
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BURST FORMAT

It's the last tournament of the year for our Toronto community once again. As someone who's attended everyone of them throughout of the coarse of this past year, I think I can say it went by fast. From MARCH BEYHEM to DEUX.5, the Toronto community really has grown; as friends and also the amount of Bladers we get at our tournaments. To kick off the year, come join the Toronto community as we play in a Burst Format event; FROSTY DRIVERS.

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. Once everyone gets there, we'll move down to the other end of the shelter, as we usually do for these December tournaments. This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

Start Time
We'll be starting the event at 12:00. It would be appreciated, however, if attendees would be there at least a couple of minutes earlier so we can get the battles and or blocks ready beforehand. It will be chilly, remember, and we'd therefore like to get this event finished as fast as possible. Smile

Entry Fee
Tournament entry will cost six dollars a person, although if twenty dollars is payed, a Blader Passport would be yours, along with a cool Passport Face online! Most importantly, though, free tournaments until your passport expires the following year. How cool is that?

Side Note
We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread.

Attendance List:
Mitsu
Kei
LMAO
1234beyblade
JesseObre
Suntailhawk
Lani
ThermalG
Bey Brad
Hato

Possible Attendees:
becbec (Mitsu's friend!)
pyrus10000
U wot m8
Minion
Pyro

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Dec. 11, 2015  2:10 AM)ThermalG Wrote: I'll bring some doughnuts for everyone. Smile

YOOOOOoooooo

That's awesome! Great to hear you're coming to this one after so long! I'll be adding you to the list shortly. Smile
(Dec. 11, 2015  2:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm in!

And the competition gets even harder..Pinching_eyes_2 lol i jk great ur coming!!÷
Well, hold that thought – might not actually have a place to stay ... will update later.
OK, really confirmed. Sorry. :')
(Dec. 08, 2015  11:25 PM)Lani Wrote: Y'all are insane for organizing an outdoor tournament in December, I may freeze but I'll risk it because I want to play, so I'll be there. I bought a bunch of stuff recently so I can't wait to (hopefully) perform better this time! MAY MY BEYSPIRIT BE STRONG ENOUGH TO OVERCOME THE COLD

omg you bedazzled your beylogger xD <3
Please confirm me!

Also..;

Hato's Selling List!

I'm back in the game of selling, and with me are some nice items that could be yours!

Legends Twisted Tempo - NIB - $15 or Best Offer!

DeathScyther Oval Accel - Used, layer is fairly good condition, tip has minor damage - $10 or Best Offer!

More thing might be added later, so keep checking! Also, please PM offers Smile
@[Mitsu] YOOOOOOOOOOO Put me on da mabe list! I probably wont come if its snowing or too cold Unhappy
I legit CANNOT play at all when in this weather, I just can't launch haha! My precious hands won't be lost from beyblade, I need them for the important things in life like spinning spinners and getting beatmaps Wink lol
Hey everyone! I'm really sad I won't be able to come to the tournament tomorrow. I'm working a double shift, sadly, that I tried to get rid of but couldn't. Hopefully we'll have a Burst tournament in January so I can see everyone again and try out all the cool new stuff I've had a chance to buy. I've been practicing my shot with @[Bey Brad] for awhile this afternoon and it's been fun. I think I'm improving!

Have a great day tomorrow, everybody. Stay warm.
Cant come anymore. Gonna see star wars if my cousin. Have fun tho!
(Dec. 19, 2015  4:45 PM)U wot m8 Wrote: @[Mitsu] YOOOOOOOOOOO Put me on da mabe list! I probably wont come if its snowing or too cold Unhappy
I legit CANNOT play at all when in this weather, I just can't launch haha! My precious hands won't be lost from beyblade, I need them for the important things in life like spinning spinners and getting beatmaps Wink lol

The weather forecase says it will be 4 degrees and partly cloudy/sunny, so it shouldn't be too bad! Hope you can make it.

(Dec. 19, 2015  10:14 PM)cadney Wrote: Hopefully we'll have a Burst tournament in January so I can see everyone again and try out all the cool new stuff I've had a chance to buy. I've been practicing my shot with @[Bey Brad] for awhile this afternoon and it's been fun. I think I'm improving!

Yeah! I really hope we can get something organized for January. Smile
Big day's tomorrow everyone! See you all soon!
My brother and I may come out tomorrow, we're not too sure.

Either way, good luck to everyone out there tomorrow!
Hope to see you there, LMAO!
(Dec. 20, 2015  12:28 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2015  10:14 PM)cadney Wrote: Hopefully we'll have a Burst tournament in January so I can see everyone again and try out all the cool new stuff I've had a chance to buy. I've been practicing my shot with @[Bey Brad] for awhile this afternoon and it's been fun. I think I'm improving!

Yeah! I really hope we can get something organized for January. Smile

I do have a Birthday Bash tournament for me and pyrus that I've had the draft for since October, I plan to have it after exam week which is a Sunday on January 30th! Hopefully that will be fine for everyone... I have big prizes for that tournament prepared too!
Todays the day lol. Cant wait to see all of u!! Its surprising tht its not this cold for our annual coldest tourney haha
first one here :')
(Dec. 20, 2015  5:21 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: first one here :')

I'm literally less than 5 minutes away.

Wait for me! :'D
Aaaaaaaaaand the results are in!

1st place: Bey Brad
2nd place: Kei
3rd place: Mitsu
4th place: JesseObre

Awesome day today! Surprisingly nice weather out today and also super nice meeting ThermalG! I'm hoping to see you at more tournaments! Thank you to everyone that helped out today and also @[Hato] for co-hosting the tournament as well. I really do appreciate it dude. Smile

The results we'll be sent in later this week. I'll try to get the winning combos up tonight. I had forgot the results papers at pyrus10000's place and I'm just waiting to get photos of those.

EDIT: Just updated my tournament attendance spreadsheet. My record this year is 96 wins and 55 losses. So close to 100 wins. Unhappy Easily my best year record-wise so far!
Tournament was extremely fun, but sadly I had made some mistakes which made up my 1-4 record. Yet it was still a fun day! Smile

It was fun judging and I hope to judge more, and thank you to @[Mitsu] for letting me judge. I appreciate it, bud. Unsmith

It was great to see @[ThermalG], extremely cool guy! Please come out to more tournaments ;D Thank you for the hot chocolate, Brad. That was probably one of the best hot chocolates I've had (Tim Hortons is love <3). Great to see the Toronto Squad again for one last time this year.

Congratulations to all the placers!

Wow, with how many times I've said thanks, you'd think this is Thanksgiving time and not Christmas...
Thanks so much for the great work you both did hosting the event and your blocks, @[Mitsu] and @[Hato]! Was nice to win my first Burst event today Smile

There was a lot of anxiety around using Odin after the first few matches of the event saw it not do so well; however, I relied on Odin Heavy Defense to win me quite a few critical matches all the same. I still think Odin Heavy Defense is the safest, most powerful choice in the game right now. But I don't expect that to remain the case for long.
We couldn't make it today with so many things going on, but we will be in the Future.
Happy holidays to all.
Thanks for hosting the event today, Mitsu! It was good to see you get involved as well, Hato. And I hope you had a good time today, ThermalG; always great to see new faces join us and we all hope to see you again next time!

With everything happening in my life over this past month, it had felt like forever since I last saw you guys. I had so much fun and was so happy to see everyone. Can't wait for the next event (hopefully in January!). Smile
Here are some photos from this tournament!

I personally had an amazing time as always, I learned to never trust Odin because all my matches when I used Odin, guess what, I lost... So after my first two matches when I used Odin and I lost I knew I wouldn't move on so I just went YOLO mode and used Minoboros and DRA for the rest of my matches, which I won, oh joy! I beat Wyvern Heavy Accel and Valkyrie Heavy Accel with my Minoboros Heavy Accel/Assault. It was fun recording and taking pics of the tournament though, since I had no matches to do I had a lot of time to record! Which hopefully @[Kei] will upload the video I edited in the next 1.5 years! HYPE!!!