[Toronto, Ontario, 12/15/13] A YEAR: The Month of Frozen Heads

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: 4tp4.png]

December 15, 2013, 1PM
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Limited Format!

After the past two annual December tournaments, we no longer have anymore limbs left to be frozen! With the introduction of a new and surprising format this tournament will be a true test of how well we can think with our Frozen Heads! Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport for $10 if you haven't done so already! Or, simply pay $5 if you plan on only attending The Month of Frozen Heads.

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. In case you guys haven't been to our regular tournaments, here are some visual directions.

Side Note: Guys, please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and I'm not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up to me or one of the other judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

For anyone who is concerned: I am going to do my best to get through this tournament as quickly as possible. I'm pretty sure none of us want to be outside playing Beyblade for more than a few hours on a cold December day, regardless dress warmly; 2-3 pairs of socks is recommended.

We're keeping Toronto's bey-spirit alive, your support thus far is appreciated, especially as it's getting colder. Let's keep this up guys! If you wish to attend please post below, I'll start gathering an attendance list.

Attendees:
Pockyx3
Kei
MidnightLWBO
PhantomOrion22
LMAO
HeavenKerbecs
MysticLugia85
SamuraiDrago
JesseObre

Possible:
Pyrus10000
Bladery66
Max88183
jubksin43
Wally.Web
1234Beyblade
sarabscientist

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

hey guys, don't you think that this ternament should be canceled because there is going to be a huge snow storm , because up here where i live it's bad enough but toronto's snowstorm is even way more worse then my snowstorm where i live.
(Dec. 14, 2013  6:21 PM)bladery66 Wrote: hey guys, don't you think that this ternament should be canceled because there is going to be a huge snow storm , because up here where i live it's bad enough but toronto's snowstorm is even way more worse then my snowstorm where i live.
I Honestly Don't Think It Should Be Cancelled. Remember Some People Look At The Thread T'ill The Tournament Is Over. Also, It's The Day Before The Actual Tournament. It Be Odd To Change It At The Final Moment Smile
I think we should wait until tomorrow morning to make a decision on that. Because we play in the sheltered area, snow isn't as much of an issue. Unless it's like a blizzard tomorrow, I think we should be OK. It's snowing heavily at the moment here in Toronto, but I doubt it will last for an entire day.
(Dec. 14, 2013  7:12 PM)Kei Wrote: I think we should wait until tomorrow morning to make a decision on that. Because we play in the sheltered area, snow isn't as much of an issue. Unless it's like a blizzard tomorrow, I think we should be OK. It's snowing heavily at the moment here in Toronto, but I doubt it will last for an entire day.

Yeah, this will be the case. Unless the snow will somehow collapse the roof of the shelter, the tournament will be taking place tomorrow at the set time. (1PM)
(Dec. 14, 2013  8:47 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2013  7:12 PM)Kei Wrote: I think we should wait until tomorrow morning to make a decision on that. Because we play in the sheltered area, snow isn't as much of an issue. Unless it's like a blizzard tomorrow, I think we should be OK. It's snowing heavily at the moment here in Toronto, but I doubt it will last for an entire day.

Yeah, this will be the case. Unless the snow will somehow collapse the roof of the shelter, the tournament will be taking place tomorrow at the set time. (1PM)
Maybe A New Location? Or Is That Too Late To Set?
Well looking at the forecast for tomorrow even with the factor that the location is a big shelter I'd say it should be cancelled, even because in high park it's colder than most other places in Toronto.
(Dec. 14, 2013  8:49 PM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: Maybe A New Location? Or Is That Too Late To Set?

High park is the best place to go. It's too late to set up something like a community centre, and obviously everywhere else will have no roof to keep the snow out.

(Dec. 14, 2013  8:54 PM)OrionBlade Wrote: Well looking at the forecast for tomorrow even with the factor that the location is a big shelter I'd say it should be cancelled, even because in high park it's colder than most other places in Toronto.

I did say it would be cold out in Toronto; I don't know what you were expecting in the middle of December.
(Dec. 14, 2013  8:55 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2013  8:49 PM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: Maybe A New Location? Or Is That Too Late To Set?

High park is the best place to go. It's too late to set up something like a community centre, and obviously everywhere else will have no roof to keep the snow out.

(Dec. 14, 2013  8:54 PM)OrionBlade Wrote: Well looking at the forecast for tomorrow even with the factor that the location is a big shelter I'd say it should be cancelled, even because in high park it's colder than most other places in Toronto.

I did say it would be cold out in Toronto; I don't know what you were expecting in the middle of December.
So Will This Be Cancelled?

The big shelter is what makes this tournament possible! If we were at Dufferin Grove Park without any protection it would be far too harsh, but the protection of the shelter at High Park helps make it tolerable.

I don't know how High Park is colder than most places in Toronto, but regardless, this tournament is called A YEAR: The Month of Frozen Heads, so I don't know what you were expecting. Tongue_out

(Dec. 14, 2013  8:57 PM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: So Will This Be Cancelled?

No. Just to make it clear: this tournament is not cancelled!
Well where I live, like the area it's usually -10 ish and I'm expecting way colder than -20 in High Park at this time of year. Toronto is big, so there is a slight weather difference in different regions.
Regardless if it is cancelled or not, I'm not going, my parents don't want to take me and my friend, were too young to go by bus or whatever so I guess the only way ill be able to go is if someone is able to give me and my friend a ride there and back.
(Dec. 14, 2013  8:58 PM)OrionBlade Wrote: Well where I live, like the area it's usually -10 ish and I'm expecting way colder than -20 in High Park at this time of year. Toronto is big, so there is a slight weather difference in different regions.
Regardless if it is cancelled or not, I'm not going, my parents don't want to take me and my friend, were too young to go by bus or whatever so I guess the only way ill be able to go is if someone is able to give me and my friend a ride there and back.

The high for tomorrow is -5C, and the low is -12 for the night. It's not going to be that bad.

Alright, I guess we'll see you next time! But please do try and make it! It should hopefully be in an indoor venue next time if everything goes well with what LMAO is planning, though.
(Dec. 14, 2013  8:58 PM)Kei Wrote:

The big shelter is what makes this tournament possible! If we were at Dufferin Grove Park without any protection it would be far too harsh, but the protection of the shelter at High Park helps make it tolerable.

I don't know how High Park is colder than most places in Toronto, but regardless, this tournament is called A YEAR: The Month of Frozen Heads, so I don't know what you were expecting. Tongue_out

(Dec. 14, 2013  8:57 PM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: So Will This Be Cancelled?

No. Just to make it clear: this tournament is not cancelled!

Ok, Sounds Good! Me And SamuraiDrago Will Be Sure To Wear A Ton Of Clothing!
(Dec. 14, 2013  9:02 PM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: Ok, Sounds Good! Me And SamuraiDrago Will Be Sure To Wear A Ton Of Clothing!

Great! You've got the right idea. Wink
(Dec. 15, 2013  12:57 AM)bladery66 Wrote: sorry guys i won't go tormorow
Boooooo. Unhappy
Both my brother and I will still be able to make it, hopefully we'll still have atleast 8 people.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
(Dec. 15, 2013  2:06 AM)LMAO Wrote: Both my brother and I will still be able to make it, hopefully we'll still have atleast 8 people.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
I Hope You're Right! I Don't Think OrionBlade Is Going To Attend This One. He Private Messaged Me For A Lift And Unfortunately, My Dad Can't Drive Him Unhappy I'm Still Glad To Know That You Guys Are Still Attending Smile
I know its late but i'm coming as long as the weather hold out and the roads and subway are still operational.
See you all tomorrow, i hope.
Eh, there's about a 50% chance I'll make it. It all just depends on the weather. Hope I'll be able to go! Good luck to everyone.
terrible driving conditions ... probably won't make it Unhappy
(Dec. 15, 2013  5:25 AM)pyrus10000 Wrote: Eh, there's about a 50% chance I'll make it. It all just depends on the weather. Hope I'll be able to go! Good luck to everyone.
You Better Make It. It's Like Two In The Morning Right Now And I'm Pretty Excited To Go Soon! Oh Yeah, I Got A Secret Weapon That Will Make Me Place. It Might Be Forbidden Ionis A230JSB.
If you guys can take the subway/TTC, you should be able to make it. No excuses! See you all soon. Smile
Debating if I wanna drop by....
(Dec. 15, 2013  9:40 AM)Pyro Wrote: Debating if I wanna drop by....
I Think You Should Stop By! We Are In Need Of More Attendees, Also, It Be Amazing To Meet You!
Good Luck To Everyone Today And Make The Best Bladers Win Smile
Double Post Deleted.