[Toronto, Ontario, 10/12/14] Midnight's Birthday Bash and Gotta Revive the Sway

on
Hosted by
  Mitsu
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Toronto, Ontario, 10/12/14]
------------------------------------------------------------
Midnight's Birthday Bash and Gotta Revive the Sway

Who's ready for some more tournaments for Toronto? Just because both B.O.D has passed and the year has almost came to the end, our bey-spirit still never dies out, no matter what! That in mind, we're back with two more events, Midnight's Birthday Bash, a Limited Format event, and Gotta Revive the Sway, a Zero-G Format event, as we've been lacking in Zero-G events in Toronto this year. That in mind, lets get on to the details!:

Sunday, October 12th, 12:00PM and 3:00PM
--------------------------------------------
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Both Limited and Zero-G Format

Formats: We'll be playing in both a Limited and Zero-G Format, hopefully both being in a Block Round Robin.

Prizes: Midnight's Birthday Bash prizes will consist of Bandit Genbu F230TB, Ronin Dragoon LW160BSF and Theif Zirago WA130HF. The winner gets first choice, second gets the following, while third takes what's remaining, too. As for Gotta Revive the Sway, that will be up to the top three asking Kei what they'd like to receive.

Entry Fees: Tournament entry will cost five dollars a person, however, if an extra five is payed, a Blader Passport would be yours, along with a cool Passport Face online! Most importantly, though, free tournaments until your passport expires the following year. How cool is that, guys?

Tournament Times: Registration for Midnight's Birthday Bash will begin at 12:00, however, try to be at the shelter where we regularly play by 11:30, if you'd want to battle throughout free play. Gotta Revive the Sway will begin at 3:00, possibly even earlier depending on how long the first event is, as well.

Limited Format Ban List: This format bans certain parts for this format's official tournament play, that consist of as follows: Metal Wheel-wise, all 4D wheels (with an exception of both Jade and Omega), Basalt and Hell, track-wise, SA165, BD145, E230, and SP230, and bottom-wise, both RS and RDF. Anything not among this list shall be considered allowed or legal for official Limited Format tournament play.

Confirmed Judges: As of now, we have four confirmed judges for both events. These will be the members that will be judging your matches, making sure battles go smoothly. They will consist of as follows: Midnight, Kei, LMAO, and The Sponge. We'll most likely get more, like JesseObre and Pockyx3, for say, though these are the ones that have gathered as of now.

Side Note: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread.

We're keeping Toronto's bey-spirit alive, your support thus far is appreciated! Let's keep this up, guys! If you wish to attend please post below, I'll start gathering an attendance list: (Click to View)

I'm hoping to see you all there the day of, everyone! Have a blast, and until then, keep on Blading!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Sep. 30, 2014  2:07 AM)LMAO Wrote: I don't remember us ever hosting on any other types of special days. This is probably the first "special day" Beyblade tournament I've seen so far.

Also, if you do end up coming, no offence but I'd rather not have you judge only because from what I've seen you don't have much experience judging. Especially because of what happened at JesseObre's Birthday Bash. Anyways, I hope you do end up coming, it would be cool to see you there again.

I think we should be fine with the amount of judges we have, so its not necessary really
(Oct. 01, 2014  1:10 AM)Nøᴠᴀ Wrote: Lightning on gashers be everywhere

what?

edit: oops, sorry for the one word post. just a bit confused
(Oct. 01, 2014  1:20 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2014  1:10 AM)Nøᴠᴀ Wrote: Lightning on gashers be everywhere

what?

edit: oops, sorry for the one word post. just a bit confused
Remember i was telling you that people put stuff on lightning now

Sorry to go off topic
(Oct. 01, 2014  12:13 AM)Lord Wolfblade Wrote: i can make an appearance but i may only judge

This actually just made my day, haha. For you, however, I'd definitely give Limited a shot, as like Minion, even someone like you whose collection is kind of outdated can do relatively well.

Hoping to see you on the 12th, dude!
(Oct. 01, 2014  1:58 AM)Midnight` Wrote: This actually just made my day, haha. For you, however, I'd definitely give Limited a shot, as like Minion, even someone like you whose collection is kind of outdated can do relatively well.

Hoping to see you on the 12th, dude!

well the reason why i might not be able to is because i don't have any money to spare for the entrance fee

also due to my entire collection getting stolen i kinda only have two combos left, and they both aren't allowed in limited
(Oct. 01, 2014  5:33 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: well the reason why i might not be able to is because i don't have any money to spare for the entrance fee

also due to my entire collection getting stolen i kinda only have two combos left, and they both aren't allowed in limited

I'm sure we could all pitch in to help you pay the fee if that is what's stopping you from playing! And surely you'd be able to borrow parts from us too. Smile
(Oct. 01, 2014  5:59 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2014  5:33 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: well the reason why i might not be able to is because i don't have any money to spare for the entrance fee

I'm sure we could all pitch in to help you pay the fee if that is what's stopping you from playing! And surely you'd be able to borrow parts from us too. Smile

I second that Smile
i'll probably come by train... unless it rains, also for both
Lord Wolfblade Wrote:well the reason why i might not be able to is because i don't have any money to spare for the entrance fee

If that's the reason why you wouldn't be able to play, I definitely wouldn't mind paying the $5 needed. Smile

As for the rest of you, you're all added to your respected lists!
I'll try and make my long overdue comeback into the community this time around. Put on me on possible.
I picked up the prizes for Midnight's Birthday Bash yesterday, unfortunately, however, I wasn't able to find any Legends, whatsoever. I still picked up the most competitive of items I found there, though. Anyhow, the prizes consist of Ronin Dragoon, Bandit Genbu and Theif Zirago. I figured you guys wouldn't really want any Samurai Ifrit or Theif Phoenix, so I decided I'd pick up the best ones among the selection there, haha.

V-Masked Wrote:I'll try and make my long overdue comeback into the community this time around. Put on me on possible.

Cool, I really hope to see you make it then!

Pockyx3 Wrote:Limited format isn't exactly my favourite, but Zero-G is pretty nice.

Had of we not done Standard at BEYBLADE NEVER STOPS last month, we probably could have done it instead of Limited. It really isn't my favorite to play in anymore, either. I started off good, then began going downhill came GBT2.
Hey midnight, when do you think the next tournament should be? would it be the october 26th, or november 1st?
And what format do you think it'll be? do you think it would be standard and limited? because i'm pretty sure we never did a combination of standard and limited format before, if we didn't we should so do that! even if we did, still do it!!!!! HaHa!!!!!Joyful_2
Ultimate Blaze Wrote:Hey midnight, when do you think the next tournament should be? would it be the october 26th, or november 1st? And what format do you think it'll be?

I'd personally be screwed if it was on the 26th, as I'll be busy that day. I'd definitely prefer the first myself. However, the date is up to the host, which most likely won't be me.

As for the format, I myself am not too sure, I could see it being Standard, though, as we have these two events being both Limited and Zero-G. I really hope we can start Team Format soon, as well. Dang, that thing is fun, haha.

Ultimate Blaze Wrote:i'm pretty sure we never did a combination of standard and limited format before

We did at the beginning of the year, actually.
Really? huh, i guess i forgot then, i guess?
(Oct. 06, 2014  3:16 AM)V-Masked Wrote: I'll try and make my long overdue comeback into the community this time around. Put on me on possible.

Great! I hope you stick around for a while this time!
Probably not going to go guys srry Unhappy
I can't make it, but happy birthday to Midnight! Count me in for the next one guys - friendly1
My friend might be coming with me so put her on the possible list.
(Oct. 09, 2014  2:45 AM)Matthewd Wrote: I will be there

Great, hoping to see you there! Be sure to be on time, as well.

Friendly1 Wrote:I can't make it, but happy birthday to Midnight! Count me in for the next one guys - friendly1

Ah, that's unfortunate, hoping to see you soon, though!

1234beyblade Wrote:My friend might be coming with me so put her on the possible list.

Okay, I'll add her, just be sure to make her an account before the day of, though!
(Oct. 09, 2014  9:59 PM)Midnight` Wrote:
1234beyblade Wrote:My friend might be coming with me so put her on the possible list.

Okay, I'll add her, just be sure to make her an account before the day of, though!
Hi, im 1234beyblade's friend Grin
leave me as possible!
Anyone has a spare H145, bring it. I require an extra for fun. Thanks = )
clear color preferred vs opaques.

Also, will pay $5 for a Hasbro Duo.
Hey everyone, how's it going? It's almost time for tomorrow's events!

I thought I'd just let you all know that I decided to pick up a Hasbro BeyWarriors Pirate Orochi for a prize draw. As I only purchased it today, also granted the tournaments are tomorrow, I decided to post the winner today. That in mind, our lucky winner is, wait for it .. Bladerkid2414! Congratulations, really hope you enjoy your prize won!

Anyhow, I should plan on being at our shelter as early as possible, with the prizes and everything else of mine, I'd say most likely by around 11:25, or so. See you all soon!
Yay i win something. Thanks midnight
So Exciteddddddd!!!!!!

See You Guys Tomorrow!