[Toronto, Ontario 10/1/16] BLADE LIKE A GIRL

on
Hosted by
  cadney
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: tumblr_odqh99eFzS1r3rvqno1_500.png]

☆ BLADE LIKE A GIRL ☆
Saturday, October 1st, 2016
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1:00 PM
——————————————————
Standard Burst Format (Ranked)

I'm very excited to be hosting my first ever tournament for the WBO! ♡ ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ Let's have tons of fun together and Blade with all our spirit.

☆ Location ☆

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor St. W entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here! This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

☆ Blader Passport or Entry Fee Required ☆

To participate in this tournament you must purchase a Blader Passport for $20 CDN–which will grant you entry into all WBO events for an entire year, among other benefits–or alternatively, you can pay $6 CDN for a single tournament.

☆ What is Beyblade Burst? ☆

[Image: gnJ23kG.png]
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in 2015 in Japan and Hasbro is set to launch it in North America in 2016. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beyblade Wiki article covering it, the Beyblade General Forum, and the Beyblade Burst Hasbro Topic for the most up to date information about Hasbro's release of the series internationally.

Don't have any Beyblades from this new series? No problem! It's likely that people will have some on hand for sale, and if not, we would be glad to lend one to you for the duration of the event!

☆ Spread the Word! ☆

Are you excited to attend the event? Make sure you spread the word to your friends! Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook to see coverage of this event and many others.

[Image: g0FVqp6.png] @worldbeyblade | [Image: cDtqg0C.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization | [Image: 1ZYfvnl.png] Instagram

Share how much fun you're having online!
#WORLDBEYBLADE #BEYBLADE

☆ Side Note ☆

We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All questions about this tournament should be asked in this thread.

☆ RSVP here! ☆

Attendees:
cadney
Kei
1234beyblade
Lani
Mitsu
NaruBlader
Tempest546
Shawquan101

Possible Attendees:
Hato
KyleJ89

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Sep. 21, 2016  3:39 AM)Tempest546 Wrote: I will be making my visit as well! This is my first time attending an organized event. I have not played beyblade in 6 years. I only have a kerbecks. Wish you all the luck!

Awesome! Always happy to see people return to the game.

This tournament is going to be played using Beyblades from the new series "Beyblade Burst", but we'd be happy to let you borrow some at the event if you don't have any! Smile

Hasbro also just released Beyblade Burst, so it might be worth picking up a few of those from Toys R Us. Although for now they are temporarily banned (because there is differences between the Japanese releases by TAKARA-TOMY that came out first and we need some time to test them), but we're hoping to resolve that by this weekend and unban them anyways.

We also have an event this weekend too if you are interested: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto...TED--74263
Thanks so much for replying! I have gone on a witch hunt for beyblades but I cannot find any apparently do you have any locations in toronto? Are there any prizes to be aquired for winning? or are there other options?

Thanks
(Sep. 21, 2016  4:10 AM)Tempest546 Wrote: Thanks so much for replying! I have gone on a witch hunt for beyblades but I cannot find any apparently do you have any locations in toronto? Are there any prizes to be aquired for winning? or are there other options?

Thanks

Hi Tempest! I'm happy to hear you will be coming to the tournament. We hope to have some prizes: how many we can muster depends on how many committed attendees we have for the event!
First of all good evening. Secondly is the contest only for girls? Thirdly how do I sign up.
(Sep. 21, 2016  5:03 PM)Tempest546 Wrote: First of all good evening. Secondly is the contest only for girls? Thirdly how do I sign up.

It's not only for girls! It's for everyone. I just made it a girly name because this is my first time hosting and I want to advocate for more girl power in the Beyblade community.

You have already signed up by posting that you will attend! Just come to location we've described at the correct date and time and you're good to go. As always, there are fees ($6) to participate in a tournament. Those are outlined in my first post. We collect them at the event from anyone who hasn't purchased a Blader Passport for the year online.
(Sep. 21, 2016  4:10 AM)Tempest546 Wrote: Thanks so much for replying! I have gone on a witch hunt for beyblades but I cannot find any apparently do you have any locations in toronto? Are there any prizes to be aquired for winning? or are there other options?

Thanks

Have you checked any Toys R Us stores? I've purchased mine at Dufferin Mall in Toronto. They also definitely have them at the Sherway Gardens Toys R Us. Right now Beyblade Burst is exclusive to TRU, so I would think that especially by now any of them should have some!
I Won't be able to make it to any tournaments that happen on Saturdays due to classes this year Unhappy Have fun everyone
RULING UPDATE: Hasbro Beyblade Burst Parts now legal!

This tournament is going to be interesting hahaha.
O BOY HERE WE GO
Let It Rip!/Go Shoot!
@[Kei] Please don't forget to bring the mats, wet wipes, and a stadium if you can! @[Mitsu] if you could also bring a stadium, that would be awesome. I will also be bringing my stadium. I thought it would be cool if we could have a third for free play.

Excited to see everyone tomorrow!
Sadly, I will not be able to make it! Sorry guys, have fun! Grin
Noooo! You will be missed, Hato.
(Sep. 30, 2016  8:32 PM)cadney Wrote: @[Kei] Please don't forget to bring the mats, wet wipes, and a stadium if you can!

Sure! I won't forget the mats/wet wipes this time. Smile

@[Mitsu], can you just bring two stacked stadiums this time?
Where is everyone?

No one is here and im confused

Ah shizz just read the update. 1:00!!! Damn it!

Someone come quickly I'm bored as
Hahaha~
I'm almost there!
Final Standings:
1st: 1234beyblade
2nd: Kei
3rd: JesseObre
4th: cadney

Had a great time at the event today. Was glad to have been able to bounce back after a couple average tournaments, and with an interesting combo to boot. Smile Looking forward to the discussion when the Winning Combinations are posted haha.

Congratulations to 1234beyblade, and to JesseObre even though his 1st place streak ended today! Great to see new members like @[Tempest546] at the event too. Hope to see you at the next one! If you need help with anything, feel free to ask.

And thanks to cadney for hosting her first ever tournament today! It went by without a hitch, as expected.
I will get better in time!
Good day today! Sorry if I was a bit zombie-like towards the end of the event though; came down with a small cold. Big props to cadney for doing an awesome job on hosting her first event!

Quote:Looking forward to the discussion when the Winning Combinations are posted haha.

very excite
So much fun today! I can't wait to blade like a girl again. Awesome job on hosting and making it to finals. Let's play again soon!
I am glad you guys had fun today! Wish I could of made it, but oh well. Shout out to Cadney for hosting for the first time, and I bet it went great (along with what everybody else is saying)! Congratulations 1234beyblade on first place, too!

(Oct. 02, 2016  2:52 AM)Technik Wrote: I can't wait to blade like a girl again.

Unsmith
"blade like a girl" t-shirts incoming

Glad to hear this went well Smile
Thank you everyone so much for coming today! You made it a pleasure to host for the first time, and I learned a lot because of all your help.

Hosting was a wonderful experience for me. I've always been all about hosting events in the communities I'm a part of, and I think because of that, I liked hosting more than simply attending! Expect more tournaments from me in the future!

As for my blading, lost a few rough rounds with FALSE IDOL BRAND NEW BLACK DEATHSCYTHER but came back in the end to make a respectable 4th place with a 6-4 record. Placing right behind the three highest-ranked Burst Bladers in the world (I'm pretty sure, even though the results haven't all been processed yet) means a lot to me.

A big thank you to @[JesseObre] for taking care of the photography during today's tournament! And to everyone who lent a hand with judging.

I know everyone is eagerly awaiting the results of this; I'll make sure I get them finished up very soon!
And how come my wins and losses are still at zero?!
(Oct. 02, 2016  5:08 AM)Tempest546 Wrote: And how come my wins and losses are still at zero?!

We have to receive the results and everything regarding this event first, then once we have time we have to process those results in the BeyPoint System. Unfortunately, the process is far from being automatic yet; it really relies on our the Committee's free time and the Organizer's promptness.