[Toronto, Ontario 06/21/2015]- LMAO's Birthday Beynanza Part 2

on
Hosted by
  LMAO
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Sunday, June 21st, 11AM
Dufferin Grove Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Standard Format

It's that time of year again! Christmas?! No, it's LMAO's Birthday! Come out to High Park and celebrate this joyous occasion! It'll be tons of fun! We're hoping to see a lot of Toronto bladers out there on June 21st! Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport for $10 if you haven't done so already! Or, simply pay $5 (per tournament) if you plan attending only this events.

We'll be playing at Dufferin Grove Park! In the spot where we usually play there! If you have any questions on the specific spot of the park, don't hesitate to post below! Here is a Blader
made a couple years ago on how to get there! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyoYxcbGXIA

Again, if there are any questions, please post below Smile

Format: Standard format, probably Block Round Robin.

Tournament Time:10:30, and the actual tournament will start at 11 AM.

Prizes: Will be determined at the tournament Wink

Side Note: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

Another side note: Also, everyone who participates at this tournament has a chance to win a raffle for either Meteo L Drago or Rock Leone! Also, I will be bringing snacks for everyone to enjoy, so let's all make sure to have a fun time!

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread.

We're keeping Toronto's bey-spirit alive and healthy, your support thus far is appreciated! Let's keep this up guys! If you wish to attend please post below, I'll start gathering an attendance list.

Confirmed:

-LMAO
-The Sponge
-Kei
-Mitsu
-1234Beyblade
-Blasterjoker01
-pyrus10000
-JesseObre
-lord wolfblade
-Beyben04
-Darkfame

Possible:

-op Blader
-Hype!
-Team Meteor
-ULTIMATE BLAZE
-cddubsblader
-Akashi
-Wally.web

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Question, where would be playing tomorrow? I really liked where we played for End of the Era last year, it would be cool if we had a tournament there again!

Nevertheless, really excited for the tournament! I really need to do well though I think I'll be losing quite a bit of points after poor performance at Anime North.

EDIT: If we did play where we did last year, should we be bringing mats?
(Jun. 20, 2015  7:36 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Question, where would be playing tomorrow? I really liked where we played for End of the Era last year, it would be cool if we had a tournament there again!

Nevertheless, really excited for the tournament! I really need to do well though I think I'll be losing quite a bit of points after poor performance at Anime North.

EDIT: If we did play where we did last year, should we be bringing mats?

We played on the tables right? Yeah, mats would be needed then, I can bring one if anyone else can bring some as well.
Just ran out to Dollarama to pick up some mats (well, tablecloths rather, haha). We'll use them for tomorrow!
First off, happy birthday. Second sorry for being inactive for so long, I got caught up in school. But its summer and I'm coming back! So can you put me down as a maby/possible for this event pleas. Thanks and hope i can make it Smile I miss all of you guys.
(Jun. 20, 2015  11:38 PM)Wally.web Wrote: First off, happy birthday. Second sorry for being inactive for so long, I got caught up in school. But its summer and I'm coming back! So can you put me down as a maby/possible for this event pleas. Thanks and hope i can make it Smile I miss all of you guys.

Holy carp, it's been a while since we've seen you! It'll be good to see you again!

Also, thanks a bunch Mitsu, it's greatly appreciated.
(Jun. 21, 2015  12:19 AM)LMAO Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2015  11:38 PM)Wally.web Wrote: First off, happy birthday. Second sorry for being inactive for so long, I got caught up in school. But its summer and I'm coming back! So can you put me down as a maby/possible for this event pleas. Thanks and hope i can make it Smile I miss all of you guys.

Holy carp, it's been a while since we've seen you! It'll be good to see you again!

Also, thanks a bunch Mitsu, it's greatly appreciated.

Ya ikr its been awhile... but hope I'm able to get a ride!
(Jun. 20, 2015  5:14 AM)LMAO Wrote: Can't wait, tournaments a day away! Zankye has graciously donated prizes for tomorrow, trust me they're "legendary".

Oh, nice! So I don't need to bring any?

(Jun. 20, 2015  7:15 PM)LMAO Wrote: Everyone remember it starts at 11!

ugh

Despite the start time, I'm looking forward to this! Feels almost too long since AN.
Hey is there, by any chance, someone who lives in it near Mississauga that is willing to pick me up and give me a ride? Should be a big help. Thanks in advanced.
(Jun. 21, 2015  2:18 AM)Wally.web Wrote: Hey is there, by any chance, someone who lives in it near Mississauga that is willing to pick me up and give me a ride? Should be a big help. Thanks in advanced.
I live near Mississauga; but i take the Go bus...
Hey guys I'll be there around 9:45-10 a.m to get some basketball in, and also whats the backup if it rains?
Sorry guys, just realized that that a bridge is getting knocked down on the 400, so i won't be able to go, unfortunately, so definitely confirm me for the next one, because my dad said were definitely goingSmile

But please, do not make it before July 12th, because i won't be able to attend because of vacation, and as well July 19th to the 26th too because i'll be going to new York!

So guys, what do you think about the next tournament being July 12th? And as well it being at dufferin grove park again?
(Jun. 21, 2015  3:43 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: So guys, what do you think about the next tournament being July 12th? And as well it being at dufferin grove park again?

If we do anything on July 12th, it would probably be at High Park. Don't know yet, though.
Kei, yeah its alright you don't need to bring prizes! Maybe just one would be fine!

Also, Ultimate Blaze, is there no alternative routes for you to take? You should definitely check! Hope you somehow make it to this event! Smile
im going to be to late to play. should be able to make an appearance
I'll be heading out at 1/4 to 9 cause I live in Durham. I'll be there roughly around 10 at the most
Im on my way to Dufferin Grove Prak see you all there!
(Jun. 21, 2015  12:57 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Im on my way to Dufferin Grove Prak see you all there!

Duuuuuuude you're going really early, what time do you expect to be there?

I'll be heading out in an hour. See you all there!

EDIT: According to CP24, we shouldn't be getting any rain, so we should be good. Smile
(Jun. 21, 2015  1:13 PM)Mitsu Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2015  12:57 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Im on my way to Dufferin Grove Prak see you all there!

Duuuuuuude you're going really early, what time do you expect to be there?

I'll be heading out in an hour. See you all there!

EDIT: According to CP24, we shouldn't be getting any rain, so we should be good. Smile
Ill be there at exactly 10... remember i live far away XD
Here are the results!
1st: 1234beyblade
2nd: Kei
3rd: JesseObre
4th: Mitsu
Congrats to the placers! How many people came?
13 people came to the event
That was a lot of fun as always! Hanging out with you all is the best! There was quite a bit of new bladers this tourney WHICH IS AWESOME! Hopefully we see them again! I also got to meet Lordwolfblade, he is awesome and hopefully he comes to more tourneys with that Dark Wolf i gave him from my prize HAHA! I did not expect to place at all this tourney because standard format is very balanced and it is super hard to predict other peoples combos since there are so many possebilities. Me and mitsu decided to do our final battle in limitied format HAHA it was funny, everyone was questioning why we were batteling with them!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday, LMAO! Thanks for hosting. Smile

It was great seeing everyone today! Maybe the best part was seeing all of the new Bladers who showed up, and also the people who stopped throughout the day to watch us. Dufferin Grove Park is so great because of the exposure we get compared to High Park. I'll definitely be sure to bring WBO Promo Cards next time.
I had a blast today with the tournament. Everyone that was there was great to either talk to or play against. I had lots of fun playing the game eventhough I got 5th overall (record being 5 wins and 7 loses ( 4 wins and 2 loses in the starting block). It was great seeing new bladers in the WBO committee and or local players that want to play. I hope to see those bladers in other tournaments that I am at. Seeing lordwolfblade again was cool cause we make good friends during tournaments and otherwise. It was great playing standard again

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LMAO!!!1☺