[Toronto, Ontario 04/06/14] - Beys of Glory 2 and A YEAR: The Month of Rebirth!

on
Hosted by
  LMAO
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: jgZh9Cf.jpg]

Beys of Glory 2 &
A YEAR: The Month of Rebirth

Sunday, April 6th, 12PM
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Standard and Limited format

After missing the last few month's tournaments due to weather and venue issues, we're back! In the past, Toronto's spring tournaments have been proven to attract many bladers, so be ready to battle! I will be hosting the Standard format tournament (Beys of Glory 2) whilst Pockyx3 will hold the Limited format tournament (The Month of Rebirth)! Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport for $10 if you haven't done so already! Or, simply pay $5 if you plan on only attending The Month of Rebirth. However, if you wish to join both tournaments without purchasing the passport for some reason, it will cost $10.

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. In case you guys haven't been to our regular tournaments, here are some visual directions.

Format: We will be using both Standard format and Limited format for this tournament.

Time: The Limited tournament (Beys of Glory 2) will start at approximately 12 PM, while the Standard tournament (A Year: The Month of Rebirth) will start at approximately 2-3 PM.

Side Note: Guys, please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and I'm not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up to me or one of the other judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread.

We're keeping Toronto's bey-spirit alive, your support thus far is appreciated! Let's keep this up guys! If you wish to attend please post below, I'll start gathering an attendance list.

Confirmed for Limited:

-LMAO
-Kei
-Pockyx3
-The Sponge
-OrionBlade
-4 Kijiji kids

Possible for Limited:

-Max88183
-bladeryBoB66
-1234beyblade
-pyrus10000
-JesseObre
-Midnight
-2 Kijiji kids
-theunderdog
-SideofPReach
-Pyro

Confirmed for Standard:

-Pockyx3
-LMAO
-Kei
-The Sponge
-OrionBlade
-4 Kijiji Kids
-theunderdog

Possible for Standard:

-bladeryBoB66
-1234beyblade
-pyrus10000
-JesseObre
-Midnight
-2 Kijiji kids

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jun. 11, 1970  12:03 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: 3. Brand new EWD

Just out of curiosity, didn't LMAO say he was going to sell you one, or is that not happening anymore.

Also LMAO, you might want to change the time on the banner. Anyways, shoot me a PM if you'd want me to save you the time, and have me make the banner. Smile
Put me on possible Smile I'll be watching. It's been a while so why not Tongue_out
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:04 PM)theunderdog Wrote: Put me on possible Smile I'll be watching. It's been a while so why not Tongue_out
It'll be great to see you return, Theunderdog! Really consider it. Smile
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:16 PM)|Midnight| Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:04 PM)theunderdog Wrote: Put me on possible Smile I'll be watching. It's been a while so why not Tongue_out

It'll be great to watch the tournament, it's been forever and I wanna just see it again. A part of me is in those spinning tops.
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:20 PM)theunderdog Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:16 PM)|Midnight| Wrote:

It'll be great to watch the tournament, it's been forever and I wanna just see it again. A part of me is in those spinning tops.
You might want to consider attending Limited Format. You should have the competitive parts, that aren't banned.
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:26 PM)|Midnight| Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:20 PM)theunderdog Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:16 PM)|Midnight| Wrote: It'll be great to see you return, Theunderdog! Really consider it. Smile

You might want to consider attending Limited Format. You should have the competitive parts, that aren't banned.

Well like I said, I'll just be watching but maybe I can participate. This limited format stuff is new to me. I haven't been here in forever XD
Woah, I remember you from my first tournament ever!

Hope you can play, I'm pretty sure everyone could help you out with combos if needed, hah! Hope to see you there!
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:30 PM)LMAO Wrote: Woah, I remember you from my first tournament ever!

Hope you can play, I'm pretty sure everyone could help you out with combos if needed, hah! Hope to see you there!

Yeah it sure has been a while. I see you've moved up on the ranks, nice job! Smile And there's probably new beys out there that would destroy my good old combos I had back when I would play, for now I'll decide if I'll participate or not, but you can count on me showing up.
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:33 PM)theunderdog Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:30 PM)LMAO Wrote: Woah, I remember you from my first tournament ever!

Yeah it sure has been a while. I see you've moved up on the ranks., nice job! Smile And there's probably new beys out there that would destroy my good old combos I had back when I would play, for now I'll decide if I'll participate or not, but you can count on me showing up.
If you're still interested, this forum might be able to help you out.

If you do want help with the combos at the event, feel free to ask me for help! Smile
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:39 PM)|Midnight| Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:33 PM)theunderdog Wrote:

Yeah it sure has been a while. I see you've moved up on the ranks., nice job! Smile And there's probably new beys out there that would destroy my good old combos I had back when I would play, for now I'll decide if I'll participate or not, but you can count on me showing up.

If you do want help with the combos at the event, feel free to ask me for help! Smile

Oh so is limited where I can use my older MFB blades?
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:42 PM)theunderdog Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:39 PM)|Midnight| Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:33 PM)theunderdog Wrote: Yeah it sure has been a while. I see you've moved up on the ranks., nice job! Smile And there's probably new beys out there that would destroy my good old combos I had back when I would play, for now I'll decide if I'll participate or not, but you can count on me showing up.

Yup, it is, just some parts are banned, though.

For further questions, PM me, just because more questions will take up this thread, and possibly lead to a new page.
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:46 PM)|Midnight| Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:42 PM)theunderdog Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2014  10:39 PM)|Midnight| Wrote: If you're still interested, this forum might be able to help you out.

Yup, it is, just some parts are banned, though.

For further questions, PM me, just because more questions will take up this thread, and possibly lead to a new page.
Sure thing. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. Smile
Yeah, you should play theunderdog! Shouldn't have a problem being competitive in Limited Format.

Also, I bought two Bandit Genbu F230TB's the other day that we can use as prizes. Smile The Hasbro orange F230's aren't horrible, I think?
(Mar. 20, 2014  8:06 AM)Kei Wrote: Also, I bought two Bandit Genbu F230TB's the other day that we can use as prizes. Smile The Hasbro orange F230's aren't horrible, I think?
I'm actually planning on buying one this Sunday, to possibly help out with testing. I'll consider waiting, just because they're now prizes.
Alrighty I'll give limited a try. I hope I don't do too bad though XD
Hasbro's Orange F230 Tracks are definitely better than their red ones, and usually better than Takara's brown ones, buuut (even if you take them apart, mix-match pieces, and clean them thoroughly) they're not quite enough to out-spin Duo SA165EWD using Dragooon, so it puts them behind the mark past which an F230 becomes seriously great.

But they're applicable, nonetheless. If you got a really good one, you might actually be able to sub it for Bearing Drive, but that'd be kinda unusual, and SA165EWD would still probably do a slightly better job, so...

I am quite excited to see how this LTD event goes down, given all the ban list updates since TO's last Limited tournament. Grin Do any of you guys have Omega?
(Mar. 20, 2014  3:52 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Do any of you guys have Omega?
I'll possibly buy one this weekend. I just remembered it wasn't banned, hah. I'd love to give Omega a shot though.

(Mar. 20, 2014  3:28 PM)theunderdog Wrote: Alrighty I'll give limited a try. I hope I don't do too bad though XD
Some people might not do too good, but it's definitely tons of fun though! I hope to see you there!

I'm trying to get in touch with my dad. I'll probably end up making it.

Also LMAO, I pmed you the banner. You still didn't get back to me, saying if you'd like to use it or not.
items i need updated!

1. Brand new or used but in good condition left string launcher

2. used MSF-H,L,M, and F {But in good condition}

3. used bd145 {but in good condition}

4. used RDF {But in good condition}

If any of you are selling any of these, could you please tell me the price of the item{s?} and it would be very appreciated if any of you have these item{s?}Wink
You don't need to keep reposting it, you could have just edited your first post. It clutters the thread.
(Mar. 22, 2014  1:18 AM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: items i need updated!
3. used bd145 {but in good condition}

I wouldn't mind selling one of mine to you. PM me to discuss a price. Smile
(Mar. 22, 2014  1:21 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: You don't need to keep reposting it, you could have just edited your first post. It clutters the thread.
The reason why i keep reposting it is because when people keep posting in this thread they will just forgot about the parts i need, and then no one would sell me me any of the parts i need! Oh, and would anyone be selling a mf-h, or a bakushin for sale but in good condition?Tongue_out
But this isn't your buying thread, you can't bump it.
Just posting here to remind you guys; yeah, I'm still alive!
I'm excited to see all of you after a while of not having tournaments, especially with two tournaments on the same day.

(By the way LMAO...Bring my book!)
(Mar. 23, 2014  8:14 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Just posting here to remind you guys; yeah, I'm still alive!
I'm excited to see all of you after a while of not having tournaments, especially with two tournaments on the same day.

(By the way LMAO...Bring my book!)

Glad to see you post hah!

I made sure to stuff your book into my Beyblade bag, you'll get it at this tournament, I promise!
(Mar. 23, 2014  8:14 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Just posting here to remind you guys; yeah, I'm still alive!
I'd be kind of worried if you didn't see this now, hah.

Anyways, will anybody be willing to sell me a Reviser chrome wheel? I Pmed Kei, but he still didn't get back to me. I understand why though.

Oh yeah, I'm confirmed for both events. See you guys there!