[Toronto, Canada, 5/28/11] BEYBLADE CRUSADE @ ANIME NORTH 2011

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: BEYBLADECRUSADElogoFINAL2small-1.png]

(After reading this post, click the logo to register if you're 100% sure you can attend!)

BEYBLADE CRUSADE
SATURDAY, MAY 28, 2011
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel - Muskoka 3 Room
hosted by AN GAMING @ Anime North 2011

STANDARD (MFB/BMF) FORMAT

9 AM - Free Battle and Set Up
10 AM - Registration for BEYBLADE CRUSADE: Wake Up Call
10:30 AM - BEYBLADE CRUSADE: Wake Up Call

11 AM - Registration for Bladers who have signed up and paid online
11:30 AM - General Registration for BEYBLADE CRUSADE
12:30 PM - BEYBLADE CRUSADE

For the past three years we've hosted our marquee tournament at ANIME NORTH–BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! in 2008, BEYBLADE WAR ROOM in 2009, BEYBLADE REVIVAL CUP in 2010–and this year will be no different! In association with the AN GAMING division of AN2011 we will be hosting our tournament this year under the title, BEYBLADE CRUSADE!

No Beyblade? No problem! We're going to try to obtain Beyblades to bring with us so you'll be able to draft the parts to form a full Beyblade (for approx. $10), then you can play and trade with other Bladers before the tournament to hone your skills!

A Blader Passport is not required for this tournament, as AN does not allow event organizers to charge entry fees for events within the convention. However, if you want to support the WBO so we can host even better tournaments with even better prizes in the future, and participate in the BeyPoints ranking System in future tournaments, then you will need one! So, if you wish to purchase one at the tournament, that is still possible. To participate in the tournament, you must either purchase a weekend pass or a day pass at AN (if you wish to participate in all of the events and programming that AN has to offer), or alternatively, AN has graciously created a special $6 ticket this year for people who want to participate only in BEYBLADE CRUSADE.

You can sign up/purchase your ticket here: http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1062968-hwu8IOQkLu

Once purchased, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. On the day of BEYBLADE CRUSADE, present this confirmation to the person registering everyone and you will be given some sort of identification (probably a stamp or wristband).

The people who choose to sign up online and pay their fee can register half an hour prior to general registration. When general registration for people who have not signed up online begins, a second line for the people who did sign up/pay online will be formed as well in case they chose not to arrive earlier. As you can imagine, this second line for people who have signed up/paid already will move quite quickly. So, it is to your advantage to sign up/pay in advance!

The AN tournament has become a tradition of sorts, and while what we've accomplished in the past three years has been great … we are not going to rest on our laurels this time around! We're going to take this tournament to the next level.

How so, you ask? In an effort to build awareness and excitement for BEYBLADE CRUSADE this May we are going to be hosting three tournaments in the upcoming months under the name "BEYBLADE CRUSADE RECRUITMENT SESSIONS". Here's how each of them is going to work:

[Image: RECRUITMENTSESSIONSsmall.png]

BEYBLADE CRUSADE Recruitment Session: 1 - March 26, 2011
  • 15 participant limit
  • Round Robin
  • Top two finishers gain the ability to choose who they face in the first round of BEYBLADE CRUSADE, should they attend.
  • Top two finishers from Recruitment Session: 1: Kei & !!!

BEYBLADE CRUSADE Recruitment Session: 2 - April 30, 2011
  • 30 participant limit
  • Block Round Robin
  • Top two finishers gain the ability to choose who they face in the first round of BEYBLADE CRUSADE, should they attend.
  • Top two finishers from Recruitment Session: 2: Xman8024 & Pyro

BEYBLADE CRUSADE Recruitment Session: 3 - May 15, 2011
  • No limit on participants
  • Single elimination
  • First place finisher gains the ability to choose who they face in the first round of BEYBLADE CRUSADE, should they attend.
  • Top finisher from BEYBLADE CRUSADE Recruitment Session: 3: ElJihado

Hopefully the possibility of gaining this slight advantage in BEYBLADE CRUSADE will be enticing for you all! Along with BeyPoints, Faces, and prizes, of course. And as you can see, it becomes more difficult to procure the aforementioned ability with each tournament that passes. Additionally, the order in which the top finishers choose who they face in that first round will be according to which tournament they placed in, but reversed (ex. If you come in first place at the first Recruitment Session, then you will have the last choice of who you want to face in the first round of BEYBLADE CRUSADE. This way, even if someone else picks you, you can still choose not to face them if you do not want to, thus nullifying their choice, forcing them to choose someone else).

Will you be at AN on Friday night? If so, then you might want to check out our other tournament, BEYBLADE CRUSADE: Roll Call!

We encourage all Bladers, both the brand new and the old to attend BEYBLADE CRUSADE, hosted by AN GAMING! With Beyblade's popularity continuing to rise, and our efforts to make this an even bigger tournament than it has ever been in the past, this has the possibility of becoming the largest tournament we have ever hosted, which means that competition will be fiercer than ever! You don't want to miss it! Hope to see you there!

If you think you'll be able to come to BEYBLADE CRUSADE, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
majinshadow11
LDD
mizu veagle
TyperPT
JR_Tiger
summonkeep3
Pyro
Screw Sauce
Ali12345456
b.demonsreturn
Minion
smart_ismailo
Massacreblader
TheMaskedBlader
bennunes217
Dindial + Brendan
JesseObre
Daegor42
JackxThexRipper
teddiorso
!!!
hydrion
nov1c3
jamie
mchlbant
sasuke41915
TehBrownSauce
Valentin
gurugulu
Pepsi
Blader98
Kaiflame03
Xman8024
Justin Cameron
lord Wolfblade + Brother
zardflare
gsingh151
cybeblader
emmyt
PhoenixBlader55
steff555
Blue
galaxyburned151
Cye Kinomiya
Deikailo
Floops
dinoonid
marvel321
mfbattle
jaidenDmonkey
JonnB
Floops
capricorn7
Beyonomics
The Problem
beybladeboy555

Possible Attendees:
Pockyx3
ShadowPegasis
IWok:P
Crimson
death unicorn
blader Ethan
BeyGamer
victorti83plus
master77
kcpj
To
ikmv
BladerSnowKid
Matrix
Devil The Beyer
Chaos blader1
Flamewolfblader
nightleone4227
Bluezee
joseph317
soulpawnz
zaneeago
dranzergig
redeyes505
ldragoeatsfood
metalmaster123
todfox5
gallexyblazer
Zaneago
NeoN!nJa
StormPegasus645
PhoenixBlader55
Horogium827
Shippudenface
i8u
GalaxyFlare
bbmaster
CyberDranzer
VertWheeler
Gingka Hagani12
LEVI-Z
Sasukia
galaxypegasus52
blahdunts
CyberEagle
FlameDragon25
burndrago
asterisk93
CyberPhoenix
DarkL-Drago22
Damon
jds
burn aqurio
JonathanHoracio

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Ill definately be here!!!
Put me down on the Possible Attendees list please.
you can put me down on the possible attendees please.
I msged you but my name isent thair.o.0
can some one please give me the address of the place?
i will be coming to thies tournament
(possibly) Going! Unless I spontaneously combust or something like that. Smile
EDIT: Ha, I need to read before I post sorry but I`m not quite understanding the whole AN entrance fee thing could someone clarify please? For both people above 18 and below 18 please.
sign me up
(Mar. 11, 2011  3:08 AM)mchlbant Wrote: (possibly) Going! Unless I spontaneously combust or something like that. Smile
EDIT: Ha, I need to read before I post sorry but I`m not quite understanding the whole AN entrance fee thing could someone clarify please? For both people above 18 and below 18 please.

k here

http://www.animenorth.com/main/index.php...&Itemid=55

so u dont have to have a pass or pay 5 smackers for this
(Mar. 11, 2011  3:19 AM)zaneeago Wrote: put me for a maybe.
Your profile says you live in California.. Speechless
put me under possible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, I've got some great news!

I just got off the phone with Ron, the director of AN GAMING. The price of admission to AN has long been a barrier to some people who wish to attend just our tournament and nothing else in the convention, but this year AN has agreed to do something they've never done before: offer a $5 ticket for entry to BEYBLADE CRUSADE. More details are forthcoming, but it's exactly as it sounds; if you wish to attend only BEYBLADE CRUSADE, you will be able to purchase this ticket. And for those of you who do want to attend the other events and programming that AN offers, your weekend/day passes will also grant you admission to the tournament, of course.
Wow, that is great!
Can't wait to pay so little.. :V
That's awesome!

How are we all going to fit? lol
(Mar. 11, 2011  6:49 PM)Minion Wrote: That's awesome!

How are we all going to fit? lol

That is for Ron to figure out! Tongue_out_wink
(Mar. 11, 2011  4:40 AM)Kei Wrote: Hey guys, I've got some great news!

I just got off the phone with Ron, the director of AN GAMING. The price of admission to AN has long been a barrier to some people who wish to attend just our tournament and nothing else in the convention, but this year AN has agreed to do something they've never done before: offer a $5 ticket for entry to BEYBLADE CRUSADE. More details are forthcoming, but it's exactly as it sounds; if you wish to attend only BEYBLADE CRUSADE, you will be able to purchase this ticket. And for those of you who do want to attend the other events and programming that AN offers, your weekend/day passes will also grant you admission to the tournament, of course.

MAD TWIGHT does the moneh go to the wbo or AN?
So we don't need to buy a pass? We just pay 5 bucks and we can just play in the tournament?
The money goes to AN, the pass is $5 if your attending the tournament exclusively. (No other event at AN.)
Haha, that's amazing, considering that the price was one of the only barriers for me!
Now I just need to find an easy way to AN.... Uncertain
(Mar. 12, 2011  1:46 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Haha, that's amazing, considering that the price was one of the only barriers for me!
Now I just need to find an easy way to AN.... Uncertain

Last year I took the TTC. I had to take the Yonge-University-Spadina line to Lawrence West station and then the 58 bus west to Dixon Rd and City View Dr (two stops after Martin Grove Rd). You'll have to walk a bit before getting to the convention centre, but if you spot any fellow nerds, just tag along. Last time the tournament was held in a different location from the main hall, but until then I can't give you any building directions. Tongue_out

Also, Scott, there isn't a participant limit in this event, right? I read the OP, and it didn't really confirm nor deny that (though, the fact that there's like 31 participants makes me assume there isn't)/
(Mar. 12, 2011  5:49 AM)To Wrote: Also, Scott, there isn't a participant limit in this event, right? I read the OP, and it didn't really confirm nor deny that (though, the fact that there's like 31 participants makes me assume there isn't)/

Nope, no limit! It's kind of scary to me now that AN is going to be offering the $5 ticket LOL.
(Mar. 12, 2011  8:29 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2011  5:49 AM)To Wrote: Also, Scott, there isn't a participant limit in this event, right? I read the OP, and it didn't really confirm nor deny that (though, the fact that there's like 31 participants makes me assume there isn't)/

Nope, no limit! It's kind of scary to me now that AN is going to be offering the $5 ticket LOL.

Yes, you will need a lot of help, lol. This is gonna be one long tournament...

Depending on my Bey-burnout I wouldn't totally be against just being a referee.
Hah, TO how about you just meet me at the station on the day of the tournament and go with me from there?
I'm pretty bad with directions unless I'm familiar with the place/It's hard to miss.