Toonami Returns 5.26.12 on Adult Swim!

Poll: Do you approve? Explain your choice in your post

Showtime! Thank you! This is great news!
93.75%
Dont care either way/No opinion
6.25%
This did not need to return/I dislike Toonami
0%
Total: 100% 48 vote(s)
Yes holy carp Grin I have not seen that show in a long time...it used to be one of the shows I always watched. I barley remember any of the characters or the plot, but I do remember loving to see those mechs race Grin
That is pretty good news. They were saying before that the budget would increase as viewers increased. I just can't wait for Gundam! XD
(Jul. 09, 2012  2:51 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: That is pretty good news. They were saying before that the budget would increase as viewers increased. I just can't wait for Gundam! XD

I would love to see Gundam: Unicorn added to the roster, but it has the downside of being a short series. I definitely wouldn't mind Gundam Wing returning, not many people remember the story that well so it wouldn't feel as overdone as Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell.
Gundam 00, or The 08th MS Team might be pretty good as well.
The Gundam Unicorn Banshee anime has been dubbed; that could be a worthy edition to Toonami (for those of you reading, no shows have been confirmed or named, just known that eventualy there will be new shows Grin )

I myself have been informing people I know who were unaware of the Toonami resurection that watched it as kids. I am just doing my part to help the Toonami ratings Grin

I was rather uset that while I was on vacation for 2 weeks I was unable to see Deadman Wonderland right away...so I cheated and saw the subs online *_* Comparing the dub and sub, they both seem to be on par with one another (the good and the bad). Monica Rial does Shiro's voice very well(including her Wretched Egg persona) and the voice of Tamaki (Trunks from DBZ) is also a nice fit. Sticking my neck out for the voice of Ganta, the japanese and version has the same issue; it isnt the actor, its the character. The kid is just a whiney little biotch is the all, but he isnt a bad character by any means. The anime just a barley shows any character development for anyone...and fyi, beware of out for of place flashbacks in theselast few epsiodes for those watching the dub...all in all, I need to read the manga asap, especialy after that ending...

Apparently, Funimation just recently announced some new animes they would be dubbing. Very good signs...(I dont remember what the shows though; I believe it was at some convention...has comic con started? eh I am sure it is somewhere online. I will find it later)

My mind is still blown from the Space Ghost Reruns add, ha
Do they have tri-gun on their line-up? Maybe to add something new, but retain the other shows.
This is what Toonami lists as their action anime shows. The bolded are the shows that have not appeared on the current Toonami lineup:

The Big O
Bleach
Casshern Sins
Cowboy Bebop
Deadman Wonderland
Durarara!!
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Ghost in the Shell

Some anime called "FCLC" used to be there...I dont know what it is, and I dont know why it is not on that list, but here is the source (right of screen): http://video.adultswim.com/action/index.html

If you see one of these animes on Toonami someday, do not be surprised Smile No confirmation yet though, just a strong hunch...

http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/43...el-report/
I started watching durara, but its a weird anime at my age... prefer moving up slowly on the ladder...
Wikipedia says that The BIG O has been on Toonami before.
It used to be back in the day. It also came on Adult Swim for a while as well.
(Jul. 10, 2012  3:34 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Gundam 00, or The 08th MS Team might be pretty good as well.

08th MS Team is one of my favorite Gundam series, because it focuses on the grunts in a military structure that I can relate to. Being in the military and watching it again gave me a completely different experience. it is great, but it has one problem. 08th MS Team is another one of the short but sweet series, like 0080: War in the Pocket and 0083Confusedtardust Memories, all of which are around 10-12 episodes(0080 is actually about half of that) so it wouldn't have a very long run, which means another series would have to replace it relatively soon. Gundam 00 would be the perfect length so would G Gundam and Gundam Wing, its actually kind of hard to go wrong with Gundam.
Edited my post to clarify that stuff about the Big O. Was Durarara on Toonami or AS before as well?
(Jul. 13, 2012  3:41 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Edited my post to clarify that stuff about the Big O. Was Durarara on Toonami or AS before as well?
Durarara! aired on Adult Swim before Toonami returned.
Thanks, haha. I don't know much of anything about either of those...

Bleach is starting to annoy me. I never watched it until Toonami returned, and it seemed worth a shot, but like S.A.C. 2nd Gig, I am just to lost...and plus, the plot of Bleach right now doesn't seem that interesting, or even well written.... (Sword beasts Arc)
I read the first 30 books, and I promise you that none of it is well written... Uncertain Ratings would go through the roof if they replaced Bleach with something good.
I have to wonder why Bleach is such a popular anime then...back in the good old days, you either watched Bleach, Naruto or One Piece (those were the big 3) and my friends told me how cool Bleach was...Then somewhere along the line, Deathnote got added to that list. I have seen most of the original Naruto (I hated those filler epsiodes after Sasuke left the Leaf village) and I have seen a good 50 episodes of Shippuden. One Piece I have seen a decent amount of episodes, but maybe only like 20, and that was a long time ago. I remember it was good though...I have never watched Deathnote so I cant give an opinion, but I honestly can't watch Each anymore...maybe I missed out when I was younger by not watching it; maybe it was a cool show for my younger self. But definatly not now.
Bleach could have been good if the writer wasn't lazy, it definitely had a lot of potential. The writer is very good at repeating things without you noticing.

After reading a little over 30 books and watching some of the anime, I can tell you that everything happens the same way, every time, with similar goals, except with different characters. The author is very talented at doing this in a way that the average person won't notice. Honestly, anybody who has tried the series and still likes it probably didn't notice. Of course, the slutty female characters help keep you from noticing as well.
(Jul. 13, 2012  6:12 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Bleach could have been good if the writer wasn't lazy, it definitely had a lot of potential. The writer is very good at repeating things without you noticing.

After reading a little over 30 books and watching some of the anime, I can tell you that everything happens the same way, every time, with similar goals, except with different characters. The author is very talented at doing this in a way that the average person won't notice. Honestly, anybody who has tried the series and still likes it probably didn't notice. Of course, the slutty female characters help keep you from noticing as well.

The exact same thing can be said about DBZ. Also the characters aren't slutty, the artist is just a pervert, a very common trend in Anime/Manga that needs to end. I don't see why drawing such unrealistic proportions is so prevalent, it is really stupid as far as I'm concerned.
(Jul. 13, 2012  9:46 PM)Thresher Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2012  6:12 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Bleach could have been good if the writer wasn't lazy, it definitely had a lot of potential. The writer is very good at repeating things without you noticing.

The exact same thing can be said about DBZ. Also the characters aren't slutty, the artist is just a pervert, a very common trend in Anime/Manga that needs to end. I don't see why drawing such unrealistic proportions is so prevalent, it is really stupid as far as I'm concerned.

DBZ gets a pass, only because it is a much older anime/manga than Bleach. I will say that the Buu saga annoys me because of the repetitiveness of it all. Its also another reason I like DBZ Kai over original DBZ; No filler, less repetitive, more manga accuracy, and less wasted time.
Gundam 00 aired on Syfy. I doubt CN will want to pick that up given Syfy is a lot more common place than the Funimation Channel.
Wait... Gundam...
On Syfy?
all of my wat
(Jul. 14, 2012  3:10 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2012  9:46 PM)Thresher Wrote:

DBZ gets a pass, only because it is a much older anime/manga than Bleach. I will say that the Buu saga annoys me because of the repetitiveness of it all. Its also another reason I like DBZ Kai over original DBZ; No filler, less repetitive, more manga accuracy, and less wasted time.

KAI HAS BEEN RE-RUNNED (Or should i say re RUINED) ON 4DERPS FOR THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF NOW!!!! Liked it at first though, but i hate seein goku go SSJ for the first time now. Even though its memmorable, they gotta do somethin new. I only watch 4 kids for the classic yugioh and soon, GX. Sometimes ZEXAL if they dont re-run his first duel so much. I feel like going SSJ on 4Derp just because of that. They should atleast make it an all anime, like vangaurd, for kids instead of the re running...
Never watch Kai on 4Kids fool, haha. That is the ultimate anime sin. Watch the Nicktoons version of the dub, or get the uncut dubbed DVD, or watch it subbed online.

(Jul. 20, 2012  11:41 PM)To Wrote: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/200...ovember-17

*mind blown.

Well, at least now me and Rai can live together in the realm of brain chunks, because I had no idea about this either.

I wonder though if they have licences to show only certain Gundam anime. If they are limited, Gundam Unicorn Banshee is still a possibility for Toonami; I don't think any network has aired the dub of it yet
lol did Cartoon Network give Toonami $5 as an operating budget? They're going to air Samurai 7, a show so old that it already aired on a different US network when the original run of Toonami still existed.