Tier Vs. Skill: The Constantly Confusing Variables

Poll: Tier or Skill?

Tier
17.69%
Skill
82.31%
Total: 100% 147 vote(s)
stamina beys need to be launched into the center and at full power to get maximum spin rate out of them to last longer
(Mar. 02, 2011  5:57 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: your super semi-final gattyaki shot

Just checking in to say that it is pretty awesome, you don't know what you're talking about here. As someone who lost to it several times and didn't even see it happen, I was impressed. It's impossible to protect against this technique if you don't see it coming. If she adapts it for MFB everyone is in a world of hurt.
(Mar. 08, 2011  6:17 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Just checking in to say that it is pretty awesome, you don't know what you're talking about here. As someone who lost to it several times and didn't even see it happen, I was impressed. It's impossible to protect against this technique if you don't see it coming. If she adapts it for MFB everyone is in a world of hurt.

ive done it a few times with mates but not in tournaments, but it is pretty awsome Joyful_2
(Mar. 08, 2011  10:45 AM)UDC Wrote: I agree with bluezee. I found my burn bull 85 WD being outspun by an uncustomized Hell Kerbecs consistently
That, my friend, is normal. Hell Kerbecs BD145, was made to counter spin, in such a way, to easily outspin. SO that would go under tier, if that is't what you originally meant.

Yes, what an amazing technique! Haha, but seriously, I'm sure it can be effective a lot of the time with how much it is being talked about.
(Mar. 09, 2011  2:20 AM)Kei Wrote: Yes, what an amazing technique! Haha, but seriously, I'm sure it can be effective a lot of the time with how much it is being talked about.

...... I am disappoint.
I am so mad when someone goes " That combo is soooo outclassed" after i show them my combo. In america we have hasbro of course. So Storm is one of the few attack wheels besides Lightning. So isnt lightning a tier? It depends on launch teqnique and other stuff. Lightning is supposed to win early. if it doesnt win it just kills itself. so combos do come in to play its just how you use them.

I never said it was bad (I have no basis for opinion), but I don't think it's the most game breaking tactic/coolest thing ever.
(Mar. 08, 2011  2:42 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2011  6:34 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  1:18 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  8:01 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I used Earth Gemios AD145SD to beat that combo.

What combo do you speak of?

Dani's

Are you launching it the same way as her. Believe it or not, it makes a major difference.
How is she launching it? If it's the thing she does at the very beginning where she knocks you out before you hit the stadium then it'd only be a matter of avoiding that.
Skill because you could have the most powerful blade but if you can't launch it well you will fail.

Example 1- My friend and I were playing and she used my Ligtning Ldrago 100 hf and I was using Dark Wolf DF145 FS. She does not know how to play very well so I was able to send L drago out of the stadium with Dark Wolf, litterally over the wall of my hasbro stadium.

Example 2- If someone does not know or cannot consistently do a sliding shoot in a situation against a stamina blade they could be kind of screwed.

In closing I must say that a combo of skill and tier are needed.
(Mar. 09, 2011  5:39 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: I never said it was bad (I have no basis for opinion), but I don't think it's the most game breaking tactic/coolest thing ever.

(Mar. 02, 2011  5:48 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: @Deikialo god honest its not that spectacular and i really dont care

Have a read back and figure out what your comment portrays.
(Mar. 09, 2011  11:44 AM)NightWolf Wrote: Skill because you could have the most powerful blade but if you can't launch it well you will fail.

Example 1- My friend and I were playing and she used my Ligtning Ldrago 100 hf and I was using Dark Wolf DF145 FS. She does not know how to play very well so I was able to send L drago out of the stadium with Dark Wolf, litterally over the wall of my hasbro stadium.

Example 2- If someone does not know or cannot consistently do a sliding shoot in a situation against a stamina blade they could be kind of screwed.

In closing I must say that a combo of skill and tier are needed.

i agree with you, as alot of combos (none toptier attack) do dont have the power to get KOs with low stamina, but if you have skill and tier even if you fail and just circle a stamina you may still be able to get a KO with hardly any stamina, as MF LLD 90 RF, MF Pegasus (145 rf) and MF vulcan horuseus 85 r2f (not so much MF GP d125 rf) can all still get KOs at low stamina, and if your using attack vs defence/stamina/balance/destablizer you need to know sliding shoot Joyful_2 as your not garenteed KOs at low stamina, espesialy against defence
(Mar. 09, 2011  6:49 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2011  2:42 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2011  6:34 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  1:18 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  8:01 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I used Earth Gemios AD145SD to beat that combo.

What combo do you speak of?

Dani's

Are you launching it the same way as her. Believe it or not, it makes a major difference.
How is she launching it? If it's the thing she does at the very beginning where she knocks you out before you hit the stadium then it'd only be a matter of avoiding that.
You do realize how wide the Hell wheel is right? And you do know that she very rarely misses with that technique right? I really think you are underestimating her skill when we both know very well that it works more often than not especially when the wheel is so large and covers such a large area.
Its not as easy as youre trying to make it seem.
(Mar. 09, 2011  5:39 AM)Mc Frown Wrote:

I never said it was bad (I have no basis for opinion), but I don't think it's the most game breaking tactic/coolest thing ever.

With this said, if you have no basis for what you say, it is best to just keep your mouth shut. This is one of the main issues this forum has now. People constantly speak on what they do not know a, if they know something and try to make it seem like everyone else is wrong and their truth is a lie.
Then how come you've won the last couple of tournaments while she hasn't placed?
(Mar. 09, 2011  3:11 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Then how come you've won the last couple of tournaments while she hasn't placed?

ummm.... I think hes speechless Pinching_eyes_2

i think at tournament alot of people are underestimating attack types there for not using them, and alot, no to many people are using stamina types so i think attack types should be re-introduced to tournament play Joyful_2
(Mar. 09, 2011  3:11 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Then how come you've won the last couple of tournaments while she hasn't placed?

If you really must know, ever since we began having tournaments in NY again, especially these past few, I have never once played her within the tournament and only one in free play. There is no way to absolutely guarantee that I would have beaten her despite what the records show. I may have a strategy sure but it does not mean it will work everytime against her especially if she has been using the same technique and mastered it and even still today, working on it to make it even better. There are very few people that even get my attention for their skill. There aren't many people at all. The fact that I am not 100 percent sure of the outcome especially when I know and others know how I play should make more than enough evidence to prove my claim on he skill and combo effectiveness.
(Mar. 09, 2011  4:20 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: i think at tournament alot of people are underestimating attack types there for not using them, and alot, no to many people are using stamina types so i think attack types should be re-introduced to tournament play Joyful_2

Its not they they are underestimating them. Its the unpredictability of them. The tournament day I was not confident in my launch technique of my attack beys and I know a couple who had teh same problem. Would you risk using a bey that you were not comfortable with that day or one with a higher percentage of winning for you ?
(Mar. 09, 2011  9:04 PM)ikmv Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2011  4:20 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: i think at tournament alot of people are underestimating attack types there for not using them, and alot, no to many people are using stamina types so i think attack types should be re-introduced to tournament play Joyful_2

Its not they they are underestimating them. Its the unpredictability of them. The tournament day I was not confident in my launch technique of my attack beys and I know a couple who had teh same problem. Would you risk using a bey that you were not comfortable with that day or one with a higher percentage of winning for you ?

oh yeah never thought of it that way as i mastered alot of the launch techniques or attack beys, but didnt think other people might not be comfortable with the way you launch attack beys Pinching_eyes_2 thanks for helping me find it out
Another thing to be noticed in case it has gone unnoticed is synergy. The shape your beyblade parts make will affect the beyblade's RPMs, the shape of the attack ring against other attack rings will create or nullify recoil, plus other things synegestics' affect the rest of its performance.
So really there needs to be a third category to choose, synergistics.
The best bey is a bey that has good synergistics against any wacky combo the opponent brings and can work well in any stadium and under any circumstance.

The name of the game is beyblade, not "parts of tops", this metagame has everything to do with synergy, just something to think about.
No, I mean if this combo with this launch is so great then why didn't she make it to the finals? I'm not coming at her skills in any way. Actually, I completely respect the launch as a valid threat. It's just that, it'd be a threat with lots of combos, not just that one, and if you could avoid the launch, that specific combo would lose to the one I posted which happens to be top tier save for the clear wheel.
(Mar. 09, 2011  11:50 AM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2011  5:39 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: I never said it was bad (I have no basis for opinion), but I don't think it's the most game breaking tactic/coolest thing ever.

(Mar. 02, 2011  5:48 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: @Deikialo god honest its not that spectacular and i really dont care

Have a read back and figure out what your comment portrays.
They say the same thing though.

(Mar. 09, 2011  2:59 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2011  5:57 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: I never said it was bad (I have no basis for opinion), but I don't think it's the most game breaking tactic/coolest thing ever.

With this said, if you have no basis for what you say, it is best to just keep your mouth shut. This is one of the main issues this forum has now. People constantly speak on what they do not know a, if they know something and try to make it seem like everyone else is wrong and their truth is a lie.

whoa dude i get that vibe too
people WANT beyblade to be based on skill, and so do i... so i think many (but not all) people are voting skill because of this....

however in the case of Bluzee (and others), he actually has basis for believing its skill. Bluezee if you just show your methods in beating the top tier consistantly id believe you. unless your hiding your tech.
Wow, this has shifted from skill vs tier to Deikailo's launch.

I think a more valid idea may be "effecrive combo" vs skill, as there are plenty of non-top tier combos that, with time spent working on finding an appropriate launch technique, or getting the right wear on parts, can do horrible things to every top tier combo out. I found this much easier before basalt, but that's the kind of combo I use. An example (though not really effective anymore) is hell phoenix 90mf vs earth on 230, launching hell on a sharper angle than usual allows it's great width to hit the earth wheel, and ko. Metal Flat can be real handy like that, but finding the right launch for the situation takes quite some time and effort.

Onto slightly worn parts, the obvious example is rf, but I'm going to address another rubber friend, ldrago II. My slightly worn normal ldrago II, in mf meteo l drago II ch120mf, does very well against mfh basalt aquario 230cs. However, my practically mint Reshuffle set ldrago II loses every time.

I think this is due to softening of the rubber, as happens to RF (can't remember who pointed that out to me, but yeah), allowing it better grip on basalt, so it nudges/"encourages" it out of the stadium with greater ease.

So, I think it's a combination of knowing your combo fully, launch technique, and matchup against your opponent.
(Mar. 11, 2011  6:55 AM)MeteorKing Wrote: Wow, this has shifted from skill vs tier to Deikailo's launch.

It did not so much as shift. It is more so that her launch was mentioned because it takes skill to do that and her launch is also very important because any combo she uses, she applies her launch to and uses it to KO opponents that use almost any combo. Her combo is made to defeat all top-tier combos and it works effectively. It may not have a 100% win rate but I can guarantee you that it has a 70-80% win rate on anything top-tier or almost any other combo for that matter.
right... but wouldnt an easy counter to Deikailos launch be to just launch your blade rapidlly to the side at the last second, or hit a wall and bounce back to avoid it?