Tier Vs. Skill: The Constantly Confusing Variables

Poll: Tier or Skill?

Tier
17.69%
Skill
82.31%
Total: 100% 147 vote(s)
i surepose alot of people think that since the top tiers list says rubber tips in alot of things they use them and lose, but what the problem is they use the rubber tips against the wrong opponent

e.g. you use MF-H libra GB145 RS (top tier) against flame aquila ch120 ms (not top tier) then you loose and assume top tiers arnt good in the meta game, but you used a defence against a stamina, of course your gonna loose.

in a tournament id rather use CS (e.g. MF-H Earth Bull GB145 CS is top tier) because then you coul beat attack type (rarely used in tourneys) and still have a chance against staminas.

Other combos may be used that are not top tiers but you just have to decide what they are then counter them in the correct way, and if you dont know what they are choosing use a heavy stamina (Earth Aquario 90 WD) as the chances are they wont use an attack type due to lack of stamina
In my opinion i believe both have quite alot to decide the outcome.
However, if two people were to use the exact bey and apply the same amount of force using the beylauncher then it would depend on skill.

At the tournament in February i met some kid who was all like "Naahhhh if I use R2F it'll be faster then his and will knock it out even without slide shooting/banking" - Not only me, but some judges heard this and we were all in unison when we said "No." lol.
(Mar. 05, 2011  9:06 PM)Omni Wrote: In my opinion i believe both have quite alot to decide the outcome.
However, if two people were to use the exact bey and apply the same amount of force using the beylauncher then it would depend on skill.

At the tournament in February i met some kid who was all like "Naahhhh if I use R2F it'll be faster then his and will knock it out even without slide shooting/banking" - Not only me, but some judges heard this and we were all in unison when we said "No." lol.

oi dont call me some kid i have a name Pinching_eyes_2 that was me i used a MF vulcan horuseus 85 R2F and the reason i did not do sliding shoot as people said it will dodge other attacks but if i do it also means less contact and the R2F has less stamina than an RF so i didnt want to take the chance, the main problem is my R2F wasnt worn (still isnt).

so if you can tell where im coming from i wanted to get a better chance of cantact Joyful_2
(Mar. 05, 2011  11:11 PM)Callum6939 Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2011  9:06 PM)Omni Wrote: In my opinion i believe both have quite alot to decide the outcome.

oi dont call me some kid i have a name Pinching_eyes_2 that was me i used a MF vulcan horuseus 85 R2F and the reason i did not do sliding shoot as people said it will dodge other attacks but if i do it also means less contact and the R2F has less stamina than an RF so i didnt want to take the chance, the main problem is my R2F wasnt worn (still isnt).

so if you can tell where im coming from i wanted to get a better chance of cantact Joyful_2

LOL. Sorry i didn't know who you were then.
But either way whatever happens - using the exact same bey against each other, sliding shoot will beat a non sliding shoot.
I'm sure everyone will agree with me on this one.

For instance, lets say we both use the exact same bey (in this case we shall refer to MF vulcan horuseys 85 R2F) and we both launch using a non sliding shoot/banking method.
So now both our beys are spinning on the edge/rim of the stadium, vigorously.
Within the first 5-10 seconds, the bey behind the bey that is moving/leading in counter clockwise motion will win as it will just push it out of the stadium.

Now same scenarios but this time i decide to bank/slide shoot whilst your bey is spinning on the rim by itself, there is no way you could hope to win as after 10 seconds have gone by your R2F will barely have any stamina, and my bey in its flower petal motion will have the momentum of gravity to knock you out.

It's simple.
(Mar. 06, 2011  10:08 PM)Omni Wrote: sliding shoot will beat a non sliding shoot.
I'm sure everyone will agree with me on this one.

I'm sceptical about this

For instance, lets say we both use the exact same bey (in this case we shall refer to MF vulcan horuseys 85 R2F) and we both launch using a non sliding shoot/banking method.
So now both our beys are spinning on the edge/rim of the stadium, vigorously.
Within the first 5-10 seconds, the bey behind the bey that is moving/leading in counter clockwise motion will win as it will just push it out of the stadium.

This is true on terms of probability

Now same scenarios but this time i decide to bank/slide shoot whilst your bey is spinning on the rim by itself, there is no way you could hope to win as after 10 seconds have gone by your R2F will barely have any stamina, and my bey in its flower petal motion will have the momentum of gravity to knock you out.
Theoretical for the most part - positioning beyblades is also important

It's simple.
I wouldn't call it that - what is "momentum of gravity?"
Lol, momentum of gravity meaning that the bey will move to the center of the stadium after climbing the the small incline of the stadium.
See it as a skateboard going up and down the half pipe.
(Mar. 06, 2011  10:49 PM)Omni Wrote: Lol, momentum of gravity meaning that the bey will move to the center of the stadium after climbing the the small incline of the stadium.

Oh! so you mean: "Due to gravity". sometime big word mean zero
excuse the wordplay Tongue_out

The RF-bey circling the ridge can still knock the "flower pattern" one out of the stadium. When the "flower pattern" as at the top of the ridge, it is susceptable to exiting the stadium.
(Mar. 06, 2011  10:54 PM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2011  10:49 PM)Omni Wrote: Lol, momentum of gravity meaning that the bey will move to the center of the stadium after climbing the the small incline of the stadium.

Oh! so you mean: "Due to gravity". sometime big word mean zero
excuse the wordplay Tongue_out

The RF-bey circling the ridge can still knock the "flower pattern" one out of the stadium. When the "flower pattern" as at the top of the ridge, it is susceptable to exiting the stadium.

Lol.
I have taken that factor into the equation but if you look at it logically when the flower pattern movement bey is climbing it has more chance to knock the bey out of the stadium rather than the circling bey knocking it to the left.
(Mar. 06, 2011  11:13 PM)Omni Wrote: Lol.
I have taken that factor into the equation but if you look at it logically when the flower pattern movement bey is climbing it has more chance to knock the bey out of the stadium rather than the circling bey knocking it to the left.

I agree with your point, I was merely scrutinising you to see if you actually knew what you were talking about after your vocabulary mishap.
(Mar. 06, 2011  10:08 PM)Omni Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2011  11:11 PM)Callum6939 Wrote:

what Omni posted

yes i see what you mean but i was going against a gemios 100 HF while they did not do sliding shoot so i couldnt risk missing thier bey, as i had little stamina but if going against a bey with the same stamina (ie same combo) yes i would have done sliding shoot Joyful_2
Honestly, besides launch techniques, what other factor involves skill? Even if one was to have a perfect launch technique he/she could hit 100% of the time, dark gemios M145S will not be able to defeat any of the other top tiers. However, a person with no skill CAN defeat a person with skill if he/she has the beyblade as long as they know how to pull the string or ripcord at a competitive speed.
(Mar. 05, 2011  6:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Why is everyone ignoring the fact that top-tier combinations have made people win almost all of our tournaments, hah ? Of course skill must be mixed with those, but nobody won a tournament with a completely unorthodox customization. People's top-tier combinations might have lost once to one, but essentially it made them win the whole tournament, which is better than focusing on just one battle.

Well in that case, I suppose I will have to win the upcoming tournament with an unorthodox combo or something not top tier. Better yet, I know just the thing. I will use my new wobbler and use my launch to add some attack. I'll use a sharp tip and let everyone else use others. That would be a perfect example of skill and break the record of no one winning a tournament without a top-tier combo. I should only have issues with Deikailo's combo if anything atm.
here is my two cents:
really i think the game comes to strategy
to me strategy is: you deception tactics, how you launch your bey (could also be called skill), choice of what combos to use.

though a tier list is good to give a example of what combos are good really a top tier combo may do good for one but bad for the other. so a tier list should be more of what combos work for a person individually.

really it is 50/50 the combo you use can make a difference, but also the way you launch it makes as much of a difference
I used Earth Gemios AD145SD to beat that combo.
(Mar. 07, 2011  8:01 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I used Earth Gemios AD145SD to beat that combo.

What combo do you speak of?
I think what you say is true because when i battle my brothers uncustomized storm aquario 100 hfs with my lightning ldrago ch120 r2f, i always loose as his bey always pushes me out of the stadium.
Thus skill does have some effect.
Isn't a Beyblade which isn't a Stamina, Attack, or Defense type..... a Balance type. When battling against Beyblades like Thermal Serpent SW145SD you have no Idea how that game is gonna go, Balance types are unpredictable.

I think the only Skill necessary is:
  • Launching Style/Technique
  • Launching Arm Strength
  • Brains

Balance types will not always win.
(Mar. 07, 2011  2:48 PM)Nuisance304 Wrote: I think what you say is true because when i battle my brothers uncustomized storm aquario 100 hfs with my lightning ldrago ch120 r2f, i always loose as his bey always pushes me out of the stadium.
Thus skill does have some effect.

lightning l drago ch120 r2f is nearly top tie (mf missing) so of course its gonna win against uncutom storm aquario, thats more top tier than skill Pinching_eyes_2
He said he loses while using lightning l drago.
(Mar. 07, 2011  9:23 PM)Otsu Wrote: He said he loses while using lightning l drago.

oh yeah now i know, it kinda confused me lol, i read that three times but still didnt read properly Joyful_2
(Mar. 07, 2011  1:18 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  8:01 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I used Earth Gemios AD145SD to beat that combo.

Dani's
I agree with bluezee. I found my burn bull 85 WD being outspun by an uncustomized Hell Kerbecs consistently
(Mar. 08, 2011  10:45 AM)UDC Wrote: I agree with bluezee. I found my burn bull 85 WD being outspun by an uncustomized Hell Kerbecs consistently
I am pretty sure uncustomized Hell Kerbecs outspinning Burn Bull 85 WD has nothing to do with skill, at all.
(Mar. 08, 2011  11:20 AM)overlordpriere Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2011  10:45 AM)UDC Wrote: I agree with bluezee. I found my burn bull 85 WD being outspun by an uncustomized Hell Kerbecs consistently
I am pretty sure uncustomized Hell Kerbecs outspinning Burn Bull 85 WD has nothing to do with skill, at all.

You Are Right. Hell Wide Diameter Has Increased Spin Velocity And Stamina.
(Mar. 08, 2011  6:34 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  1:18 PM)Bluezee Wrote:

Dani's

Are you launching it the same way as her. Believe it or not, it makes a major difference.